Oscar

themightyblue

Had Drogba not scored those goals in Munich, we wouldn't even be sitting down here and arguing who's better between Oscar, Mata and Hazard in the squad. Best to sit back, enjoy and appreciate what we have right now.

Why always Drogba's goal and never Cech's multiple crucial saves? If it wasn't for him, we'd be out of the game for a long time.

Why always Drogba's goal and never Cech's multiple crucial saves? If it wasn't for him, we'd be out of the game for a long time.

If it wasn't for all those legendary team performances we wouldn't talk about that kind of stuff. Period.

If it wasn't for all those legendary team performances we wouldn't talk about that kind of stuff. Period.

Team sports are always won by the collective. I was talking about individual contributions and I've noticed it's always Drogba when reffering to our CL win. Which isn't right imo.

Team sports are always won by the collective. I was talking about individual contributions and I've noticed it's always Drogba when reffering to our CL win. Which isn't right imo.

That's mainly because Drogba's goal was ultimately the decisive one and can't really blame people for mentioning him the most in our CL success. Do get what you are saying though. And if we were to go by Amels and your point of team sports are always won collectively(which is true), then shouldn't you not be pointing out Cech as well? ;)

That's mainly because Drogba's goal was ultimately the decisive one and can't really blame people for mentioning him the most in our CL success. Do get what you are saying though. And if we were to go by Amels and your point of team sports are always won collectively(which is true), then shouldn't you not be pointing out Cech as well? ;)

Fair enough on the Didier comment but it was him who gave away a penalty in the same game (Cech save), just saying.

And like I said early, if we're pointing out individual contributions, I feel Cech should get a lot more mentions. Just think his role has been underrated in general. Anyway, no big deal.

today was a struggle no doubt abou that. nothing was going his way but he still stuck in there and gave a good shift. i feel that attacking 3 need more directness,, when we play one-twos we really create trouble i guess that'll jut come in time.

Lost the ball quite a few times, but you could not fault his work rate and defensive duties. Not brilliant performance but certainly not poor.

It was definitely poor. He didn't create any chances, he fouled needlessly and he gave the ball away all the time. As well, defensively, he was hardly a standout. Arsenal players just stepped around him a number of times. It doesn't worry me, he's young and coming from a very different league and everyone has off games, but a bad game is a bad game.

It was definitely poor. He didn't create any chances, he fouled needlessly and he gave the ball away all the time. As well, defensively, he was hardly a standout. Arsenal players just stepped around him a number of times. It doesn't worry me, he's young and coming from a very different league and everyone has off games, but a bad game is a bad game.

Took the words out of my mind...

But what he did well was he constantly marked Arteta and made it difficult for him to influence the game (it has pointed out that the link up play between Arteta and Santi was a big reason for Arsenal's good form) so even though he was making spectacular tackles and constantly making brilliant sliding tackles thought defensively he gave a workman like performance, shame offensively he had an off day.

This.

But what he did well was he constantly marked Arteta and made it difficult for him to influence the game (it has pointed out that the link up play between Arteta and Santi was a big reason for Arsenal's good form) so even though he was making spectacular tackles and constantly making brilliant sliding tackles thought defensively he gave a workman like performance, shame offensively he had an off day.

He did not affect the game much offensively as we all would have liked but he did his defensive job reasonably well, which was to mark Arteta out of the game.

That's giving credit where credit isn't due. Arteta was taken out of the game because Chelsea had 8 players in the middle of the pitch so Arsenal attacked via the wings where they outnumbered us 4-2 and that's where all their chances came from. Oscar was taken off in the 73rd minute and I suppose Arteta marked by Mata afterwards and he wasn't anymore influential.

You can feel he's still nervous, some of the easiest passes go astray and he tries to keep it simple. Although I must mention he has good potential defensively, he definitely isn't a 100% offensive player who neglects his defensive duties. Perhaps this is what Newton meant by saying he can play deeper. We must remember that it was only his third start for us.

Oscar has a more defensive work rate than mata and hazard.

At juventus dimatteo only played him because his job was to mark pirlo. Against arsenal, oscars job was to mark arteta.

Arteta had the highest touches per match before meeting chelsea and oscar limited it.

In the first half, chelsea bossed arsenal. When oscar was taken off, you could see that arsenal chances started to come.

He can't always have both a defensive and offensive good game like juve.

Because of his ability to always be available for his teammates for a pass, and his defensive attributes, his presence on the pitch is a massive bonus to chelsea.

Not his best game because he lost the ball somtimes, but you can tell they are trying to build his physical game.

His defensive work rate is the only reason that RDM can field attacking line-ups of hazard-oscar-mata and we should give credit where its due.