Oscar

themightyblue

This reminds me of the Lukaku deal, expect the transfer fee is even more insane.

A truly baffling signing this would be, there is no space in the squad for him. He's an attacking midfielder, he won't play deep, we will leak goals next season, a squad of small fragile players. We desperately need a 'physical presence' to balance out the small technical players further forward, ala Hulk.

I dont agree at all, I very strongly disagree. Why cant small, quality players win things? If they are good enough they can win things. Look no further than Barcelona. Eden Hazard is a player of the highest quality, Juan Mata is a wonderful player and added a lot to the team last season, Oscar has an incredible amount of potentian and would be an addition to any squad in world football. We still have some big players with a presence, Terry, Lampard, Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic, Mikel, Essien, Cech, they are all big players with a big physical presence. We've needed attacking flair for such a long time and that is finally happening with signings like Mata, Hazard, Marin and, hopefully, Oscar. Signing good footballers can only be a good thing.

This reminds me of the Lukaku deal, expect the transfer fee is even more insane.

A truly baffling signing this would be, there is no space in the squad for him. He's an attacking midfielder, he won't play deep, we will leak goals next season, a squad of small fragile players. We desperately need a 'physical presence' to balance out the small technical players further forward, ala Hulk.

I agree I would love to have Hulk as well, but I don't think the Lukaku comparison is right.

Lukaku had no chances due to the striker we had.

Lets not forget that we also wasted a lot of time on a 50 Million player to help get his confidence on smaller teams....

While Oscar has many positions to play and should not be hard to get a more games then Lukaku.

Surely if he can't get ahead of Malouda and Meireles, it does not merit such a buy then!

With all this technical problems, we will probably play much more offensive, but we all saw how terrible defence we had under Avb who tried attacking style. And our defence remains the same. We havent bought CDM either...

This exact same thing happened last summer, we had a winger crisis, yet signed Lukaku for £18m. Regardless of the 'investment', he was not a necessity, we left our priority signings until the last hours of the window. Oscar isn't a natural winger and he faces stiff competition for the number 10 role. This is £25m that 'should' be going towards the Hulk transfer fee and a right back.

Prioritisation..

With all this technical problems, we will probably play much more offensive, but we all saw how terrible defence we had under Avb who tried attacking style. And our defence remains the same. We havent bought CDM either...

The connection between our defence, midfield and forwards was non existent under AVB. The set up was a shambles with no real transition when turning defence into attack, If RDM get's it right and can get us playing as a unit when defending and attacking It really won't matter if we play an attacking style. Just look at Barca and how they defend as a unit and attack as a whole too.

Tried an attacking style, not attacking style. Footbal is not one dimensional you have,a wide range of attacking styles that do not involve a high line at the back.

Besides we have squad depth now which will allow wide players to contribute more to the defensive duties. adding technique experts to.the team will also allow us to retain possession and force other teams into their own half limiting tha attacking threat. Domination is still one of the best ways to defend.

This exact same thing happened last summer, we had a winger crisis, yet signed Lukaku for £18m. Regardless of the 'investment', he was not a necessity, we left our priority signings until the last hours of the window. Oscar isn't a natural winger and he faces stiff competition for the number 10 role. This is £25m that 'should' be going towards the Hulk transfer fee and a right back.

Prioritisation..

With our UCl win there's no need to be so stingy we won so much money who cares what english media say, chelsea reinvest what they earned thats the simple fact. we're lucky to have an owner who is rich and will reinvest so quickly unlike arsenal. Besides this boy isn't as flimsy as your saying he's around 5'10 a bit skinny, but so was Ronaldo. He's young and can bring Chelsea that extra flair and cutting edge. This won't affect us going for Hulk I'm certain he will be pursued, the source are sure about this. he is versatile and i trust we can find a way to get Mata hazard and Oscar together with hopefully Hulk playing together. Lampard's time is coming to an end.

The connection between our defence, midfield and forwards was non existent under AVB. The set up was a shambles with no real transition when turning defence into attack, If RDM get's it right and can get us playing as a unit when defending and attacking It really won't matter if we play an attacking style. Just look at Barca and how they defend as a unit and attack as a whole too.

Comparisson to barca is way to difficult...

Their power and dominance comes from several years of training and playing together. They

all pass great and that is their power. And yet on ocasions, they look terrible in defence (against Milan or Osasuna are good examples).

Our team (Hazard, Marin, Mata, Oscar) never played together before, not club or national level.

They dont pass with such excelence, or keep possesion, also we dont play in Spain where you have only 3 realy difficult teams and style allows you lot of possesion and playing in attack (since all teams are very offensive). Here in england, teams play defensive when other team is having lot of possesion. And even barca is not good in such situations. The best against defensive teams is pure power we had in Drogba, Anelka and Malouda, now we only have technicaly gifted smaller players, not including defence. One bigger player I think is almost a need, no mather what style we will play. And what is most important to develop attacking football is TIME. With so many new players, we will surely need time for them to find chemistry or whatever is that mind team-working connection called.

Prioritisation..

I believe the board see Oscar as an alternative to Modric and it has nothing to do with the potential breakdown of Hulk's transfer. And if you have watched his matches you should notice his interception skill is very good and his balance is just as good as Hazard if not better.

Prioritisation..

Listen, this is not £25m, its £19,8, since that 25 is not english pounds, but euros.

There is no winger crisis, we dont need wingers like Robben and Rybery to win things, and its not true we dont have wingers, since we have Marko Marin and Ramires.

We still are in the beginning of the transfer window, buying Oscar doesnt mean we won buy a winger to solve the "winger crisis".

If we lack in physicality we should compensate on work rate and ball pressure. Assuming we will get Oscar, and having a lot of technical midfielders in Mata, Hazard, Marin, Ramires and KDB do you guys think we have the work-rate with these bunch of players (except Ramires that we all know as a hard worker)????

Add to that the fact that we need experienced players who have already proven that they are of quality. It really shocks me that people have already forgotten where we had our real problems the last 2 seasons + it seems like as soon as there's a new "wonderkid" we are linked with almost everybody thinks that all our problems are solved. Thus Oscar would be a bad signing that doesn't fill our team needs.

Man city have Silva and Nasri on the wings, but as we know they're not typical wingers. They both pass and move around the pitch, linking well with Teves and Aguero.

I think Mancini prefers that then actual 'proper' wingers, he's tried to implement A.Johnson into the first eleven but the team doesn't flow as well.

Comparisson to barca is way to difficult...

Their power and dominance comes from several years of training and playing together. They

all pass great and that is their power. And yet on ocasions, they look terrible in defence (against Milan or Osasuna are good examples).

Our team (Hazard, Marin, Mata, Oscar) never played together before, not club or national level.

They dont pass with such excelence, or keep possesion, also we dont play in Spain where you have only 3 realy difficult teams and style allows you lot of possesion and playing in attack (since all teams are very offensive). Here in england, teams play defensive when other team is having lot of possesion. And even barca is not good in such situations. The best against defensive teams is pure power we had in Drogba, Anelka and Malouda, now we only have technicaly gifted smaller players, not including defence. One bigger player I think is almost a need, no mather what style we will play. And what is most important to develop attacking football is TIME. With so many new players, we will surely need time for them to find chemistry or whatever is that mind team-working connection called.

I wasn't necessarily saying we should or are going to play like Barca but was more trying to point out that under AVB our system was a mess when playing with the high line defence. I agree it will take time for these young prospects to develop and gel together but with the experience already in the squad (Champions Of Europe) the chemistry will hopefully come good sooner rather than later. You say we only have technically gifted smaller players? So what of Torres, Lukaku, KDB and Sturridge... these are technically gifted AND strong players. I think maybe we could do with bringing in Moses to bolster the strength of our attack but i really don't believe that this tactile powerhouse attacking style is so essential and even if it is, it's not like we don't have three strong strikers already! With two strong midfielders sitting deep say Mikel and Lampard then what is wrong with three nimble, agile and gifted players in front of them to work magic for a strong striker like Torres?

We were much more solid the latter half of the season than under AVB. Also with these great signings, oscar or no oscar, i think we can all agree the lineup we will put out will have greater stength in attack, as well as torres seemingly being in better goalscoring shape. And even if that is not truly the case he is gonna be better than last season. All this should mean we should have a greater control and possession of the ball. And a great thing about having the ball is with the exception of weird OG's they cant score. Therefore the age old cliche of Attack is the best form of defence is actually relevant. And i know that extra attackers leave us vunerable on the counter attack, however it is not extra attackers we will have but just better alterantives from the likes of Malouda and Kalou and our defence will still be there.

Cech

Ivan Terry Cahill Cole.

Theres not too many better defences in the prem.

Listen, this is not £25m, its £19,8, since that 25 is not english pounds, but euros.

There is no winger crisis, we dont need wingers like Robben and Rybery to win things, and its not true we dont have wingers, since we have Marko Marin and Ramires.

We still are in the beginning of the transfer window, buying Oscar doesnt mean we won buy a winger to solve the "winger crisis".

If you look back at the post.. I was using last season as an example. 'Had' a winger crisis, not 'have', so you've misinterpreted my post.