Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Has he actually made any tackles or won any 50-50 balls this season?! His tendency to just chicken out of challenges is getting really beyond pathetic. Everytime when there is a 50-50 ball to be won, he moves out of the way and allow the opposition player to get away with it! BLOODY FRUSTRATING!!

This. I am pissed off about his performances more because of this than his shoot-at-sight attitude. I do not see a team player in him. AT ALL! He seems too worried about himself rather than breaking a run of an opponent player into dangerous territory. Actually, I see him tackle only when he thinks hes got a chance to run at their defense and shoot! He's gotta stop flying and being so over-confident. I think a sound thrashing from JT might do the trick. At least act like a catalyst. He also shows enough disregard to the manager, considering the situation with managers at CFC etc. Hes already become the arrogant Englishman in the dressing room. The difference between him and the rest of the "power-players" is that they have developed as footballers first and then got into the tussle.

This is just my perception of his behavior and attitude on the pitch and an expression of the utter disappointment.

I think hes still done more than Kalou to get a cl final start. Whats kalou done since coming back into the team? think hes only scored 1. I know sturridge can be selfish but at least he has the ability to come up with something special whereas kalou cant do anything

He has defended better than the Spartan's did at Thermopylae against the Persian horde, I'll have you know.

Defence > Attack.

The Spartans died though :Goober:

Kalou will die, in time. After he does, we will cremate him and bury his ashes under the other penalty spot at Stamford Bridge and erect a massive statue of him outside the Bridge. As a final honour, Roman Abramovich's descendants shall purchase the mayors office of London and have it renamed Kalougrad or Salomongrad :P

Though they could have survived for a lot longer than three days if the Persian's hadn't stumbled across that other passageway. Foolish of the Greeks, and there were 6000 of them, to not at least task a few hundred arches to wipe out scouts before they could report back about the passage.

Though they could have survived for a lot longer than three days if the Persian's hadn't stumbled across that other passageway. Foolish of the Greeks, and there were 6000 of them, to not at least task a few hundred arches to wipe out scouts before they could report back about the passage.

What they lacked in intellect they made up for in incredible and badass strength, courage and will. Traits I hope Chelsea will show against Munchen :D

What they lacked in intellect they made up for in incredible and badass strength, courage and will. Traits I hope Chelsea will show against Munchen :D

As a (an?) historian, I am always hugely disappointed by awful tactical decisions. That has to be up there with Napoleon and Hitler having a crack at Russia, Japan going apeshit at Pearl Harbour, and the Spanish looking up at England in 1588 and thinking that it would all be over in minutes.

The world could have turned out so much differently. Perhaps not for the better, but if any of those imbeciles had spent another 5 minutes thinking it over they would have succeeded.

As a (an?) historian, I am always hugely disappointed by awful tactical decisions. That has to be up there with Napoleon and Hitler having a crack at Russia, Japan going apeshit at Pearl Harbour, and the Spanish looking up at England in 1588 and thinking that it would all be over in minutes.

The world could have turned out so much differently. Perhaps not for the better, but if any of those imbeciles had spent another 5 minutes thinking it over they would have succeeded.

Hey, it all turned out well in the end because we got the movie 300 :Goober:

The plus side of Sturridge's lack of game time and negative perception at the moment is, it'll lure away potential lurkers this summer. That being said, final year of his contract begins in August.

Anyway, people forget this is in-fact his debut season within the squad so I think over all we can say it's gone pretty damn well. We've seen the good, bad & ugly from the 23-year old. Ended it on the 'ugly', but the foundations are there for maximum growth to become the player we all know he can become.

I'm sure he'll reflect on it all the same and realise he was poor in the last few months, but he will grow. André has helped his career in the opposite way that Carlo nearly damaged it when he persisted on having Kalou higher in the pecking order (off the bench) than the 22-year old. Coyle must also be credited.

His right foots not that bad.Did you see his goal against villa? kalous never scored a goal that god with his right foot and hes right footed

Going to argue the toss here; a - a decent goalkeeper would have saved that effort by Sturridge; and b. -

Go to 00.49.