Daniel Sturridge

the wes

He scored; setup Suarez twice; Borini once; got himself in position to get more shots towards goal.

Torres on his best days can't create as much in 90 minutes; let alone in 45 against United.

But go on

I liked how he was linking up very well with his peers that match, crossed a pinpoint cross straight to Borini's head, but one shot can undo that and he's back to 'selfish prat Sturridge'.

He changed the game for Liverpool. The goal was easy, but Torres or most other strikers wouldn't have even bothered following up. People under appreciate goals like that.

4 goals this season with the amount of game-time he's had is a fantastic return. That's about a goal every 60-70 minutes.

Good for him. Demba Ba got two on his debut.

I don't hate him, I simply don't think he was good enough for us and now he's gone I'd prefer to focus on supporting this club rather than looking forward to him succeeding to prove us wrong.

But Torres is, right?

He scored; setup Suarez twice; Borini once; got himself in position to get more shots towards goal.

Torres on his best days can't create as much in 90 minutes; let alone in 45 against United.

But go on

So you mean when Liverpool came to us and said we'd like a striker, we should have sold them Torres instead of Sturridge.

Buck and Gourlay. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't think Sturridge was good enough, ergo Torres is.

I don't like the taste of aniseed ergo I like the works of Dan Brown. #blindinglogicson

It's funny you say he wasnt good enough for us. He's already good in Liverpool, he's making an impact because he's playing (he is actually getting gametime) and playing in a more natural spot.

You think he wasnt good enough for us because you believe in everything you read and dont see further than your nosetip.

Right now we have two strikers, and Torres will PLAY in the Europa League, whether you think he is good enough doesn't matter we don't have alternatives in the Europa League and it will cost us another title.

He changed the game for Liverpool today, his movement was awesome, and linked up very well with Suarez, he'd have been grabbing all the headlines if he had score to make it two two but then again even the best miss chances, Van Persie missed an arguably better chance in the first half. What a strike force Chelsea would have had, Sturridge, Ba, Lukaku, I get sad everytime I think about it.

It's funny you say he wasnt good enough for us. He's already good in Liverpool, he's making an impact because he's playing (he is actually getting gametime) and playing in a more natural spot.

You think he wasnt good enough for us because you believe in everything you read and dont see further than your nosetip.

Yes that's right. :wank2:

People's hatred of Sturridge gets in the way of the fact he's actually a good player.

No-one will say he isn't a good player. They just don't think he (and his attitude in particular) is right for us.

The funny thing is that he gets criticised for what is a common trait of a centre forward - selfishness. But it only gets highlighted with Sturridge because his finishing is bad. Once he improves on this aspect he will be a very good player. Unpredictability is his strength, not his weakness.