Daniel Sturridge

the wes

And I said that maybe I know him, but that doesn't make it true.

It's irrelevant what he says to the media, just like those rumours about him are irrelevant. The only criteria that we should judge him about is what he's done on the field for Chelsea.

And what he realized is not enough to make me regret him. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. It's not like we sold Messi. We sold a player that could prove to be good for a mediocre team like today's Liverpool.

That is great and all but hardly anyone is using that criteria on this thread. Including you here is your own quote:

Exactly. He is a great athlete, but his attitude is so poor and that will always be a stop for him. I find it really hard to believe that Danny will ever manage to change that attitude.

You and others have filled this thread with so much idiocy about his so called attitude problem. There is hardly any real critique of Sturridge as a footballer on this thread, but much to do with him being "arrogant,""egomaniac," "he thinks he is too good," etc. These are all assumptions and not founded by any means, because no one here has been to a training session or know him personally to make so many critique of him on a personal level.

For me Sturridge is a great talent and has impressed in limited opportunity, but sadly Chelsea is not the club for him. He needs a AVB or Coyle type manager to get the best out of him. I think Rodgers can do that, and is good match for him. This also a good deal for us, we get 12m for a player with less then six months on his contract and btw we have barely used this season.

Thank you Danny for all the equalisers and short-lasting leads you scored for us whilst AVB was here.

His connection with Ashley Cole on the pitch was great...strange thing that...but yeah.

I think it is good deal for us. Means we can spend the money on Ba without breaking the bank. Seems as if there are finally some sensible deals happening for us in january. Hopefully Ba´s knee won´t explode in the medical.

Thank you Danny for all the equalisers and short-lasting leads you scored for us whilst AVB was here.

His connection with Ashley Cole on the pitch was great...strange thing that...but yeah.

I think it is good deal for us. Means we can spend the money on Ba without breaking the bank. Seems as if there are finally some sensible deals happening for us in january. Hopefully Ba´s knee won´t explode in the medical.

What this deal means is that Ba's agent has the advantage in contract negotiations.

You and others have filled this thread with so much idiocy about his so called attitude problem. There is hardly any real critique of Sturridge as a footballer on this thread, but much to do with him being "arrogant,""egomaniac," "he thinks he is too good," etc. These are all assumptions and not founded by any means, because no one here has been to a training session or know him personally to make so many critique of him on a personal level.

While I certainly agree there's been a lack of focus it's not like we don't have plenty strong angles if there was a need to criticize Sturridge using purely footballing grounds. The discussion has taken this course because the transfer had obviously sweet fuck all to do with on-pitch football.

That is great and all but hardly anyone is using that criteria on this thread. Including you here is your own quote:

For me Sturridge is a great talent and has impressed in limited opportunity, but sadly Chelsea is not the club for him. He needs a AVB or Coyle type manager to get the best out of him. I think Rodgers can do that, and is good match for him. This also a good deal for us, we get 12m for a player with less then six months on his contract and btw we have barely used this season.

:rolleyes: they are opinions like most others here, or elsewhere, founded by watching the freaking games.

However, personal preferences aside, how many managers and coaches have not considered Sturridge good enough to start? How many managers have played him on the wing as opposed to striker position? How much more evidence does one require?

I for one, have had enough of Sturridge and trust the chelsea professionals--well paid coaches and Managers who coached him for years--to have made the right decision.

:rolleyes: they are opinions like most others here, or elsewhere, founded by watching the freaking games.

However, personal preferences aside, how many managers and coaches have not considered Sturridge good enough to start? How many managers have played him on the wing as opposed to striker position? How much more evidence does one require?

I for one, have had enough of Sturridge and trust the chelsea professionals--well paid coaches and Managers who coached him for years--to have made the right decision.

How many managers have we sacked for not getting the desired results?

How many managers have considered Torres good enough to start for Chelsea.

Bummer! I was expecting him to say "Of course I've always been bitching around about playing on the wing and of course I'm going to do the same here!".

Saying he's happy being a winger is bitching? Of course, only when you are Sturridge.

Just as much managers who have played him. I am not sure if you are counting Carlo - but you shouldn't considering Sturridge was just 19 when he was first playing under him. AVB and Coyle played him and was justified. RDM the only one who didn't play him - as interim he was interested in short term benefits, hence a more reliable, practical and experienced team at the expense of talent and exuberance. Romeu was also dropped for Mikel in a similar move but not much is made of that.

This season he was unlucky with injuries and RDM was very likely to have started him against Juve with what he was saying. Rafa he was inured the whole team he was with him.

Just as much managers who have played him. I am not sure if you are counting Carlo - but you shouldn't considering Sturridge was just 19 when he was first playing under him. AVB and Coyle played him and was justified. RDM the only one who didn't play him - as interim he was interested in short term benefits, hence a more reliable, practical and experienced team at the expense of talent and exuberance. Romeu was also dropped for Mikel in a similar move but not much is made of that.

This season he was unlucky with injuries and RDM was very likely to have started him against Juve with what he was saying. Rafa he was inured the whole team he was with him.

Still, the evidence is that Chelsea (coaches and whoever the manager is) don't think Sturridge is good enough. We can either trust they have more information than we do (I tend to be in this group), or we can think they are wrong based on the little information we have.

Another piece of evidence we have is the very low price of the transfer; considering his age, status, nationality, he should be in the 20m+. Also, did any club, other than Liverpool consider a move for him? Isn't that strange?