Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Noone knows the truth but can make the assumption and state the fact he was never given a chance here when he deserved to. Deffo infront of Torres after Torres scored only 2 goals in 9 months back when he was struggling more than he does now.

Sturridge is very quick and has decent feet. I don't understand why he left and a dogshit striker who is slow, lacks a first touch and finish stays. Demba Ba will show Torres how decent movement and a little bit of desire will take you a long way. Fans on here and in general have supported him way too long.

Where did he insult our club? He has only praised Liverpool since he joined.

He hasn't really said anything bad about the club.The constant praise on Rodgers may perhaps tell us that he felt that Rdm didn't really trust him for the cf role but that's just my interpretation.

Anyways,I am surprised he hasn't really insulted the club directly yet.Torres always got picked over him and boy that surely would have been frustrating for him.He was patient but never got a good run of chances and so decided to leave.

A successful loan spell at Bolton and almost 20 goals the next season as Chelsea player out of position wasn't enough to convince the concerned people at the club.The constant change in managers didn't help either nor did his fitness.Things just never worked out here,hope he does well and continues to prove his doubters wrong.

we all agree he was never given a proper chance, but the question is why? Because Chelsea coaches did not like his haircut?

Or perhaps they did not like what they saw in training? Perhaps they think he just isn't good enough?

Sturridge applied a nice finish against nobody and then vanished as usual. The difference in quality between Suarez and Sturridge is just astonishing...

Whatever he said & he must have said something, there is an urgency for him to do some homework.

He played for Chelsea, won several trophies with a little contribution.

Has he not realized that Liverpool have not won anything for over 6 years ?

Chelsea made the right decision to sent him packing.

we all agree he was never given a proper chance, but the question is why? Because Chelsea coaches did not like his haircut?

Or perhaps they did not like what they saw in training? Perhaps they think he just isn't good enough?

Sturridge applied a nice finish against nobody and then vanished as usual. The difference in quality between Suarez and Sturridge is just astonishing...

What do you mean 'vanished'? After he scored he put Shelvey through for a one on one and really caused their defence problems with his dribbling and pace. You may not have noticed him later on because he was not on the pitch due to being taken off at 55' - BR saving him.

What do you mean 'vanished'? After he scored he put Shelvey through for a one on one and really caused their defence problems with his dribbling and pace. You may not have noticed him later on because he was not on the pitch due to being taken off at 55' - BR saving him.

I thought he was very poor esp in the second half; manager prob thought the same because Suarez subbed him immediately creating lots of probs to their defense.

Suarez was so much better when he came on; well, he is the better player in every aspect of the game and by a wide margin.

Let's agree to disagree then, because I think Sturridge is a mediocre player (as in average).

We didn't give him chances even though he should have been on equal footing to Torres this season based on their performances over the last few years. Sturridge has averaged a goal every 171 minutes he has been on the field since 2008, which is quite remarkable for a striker his age in the EPL. He got one start in his preferred position out of 14 possible matches he was fit for(Torres was banned) - that would of course lead to him looking for a club where he won't have to continuously try to prove himself to new coaches. Rodgers obviously will play him regularly and give him a fare chance up top.

If Sturridge was given a run of at least a few games in a row in his preferred position and failed to take it at CFC, I'd understand him being labeled a failure but at Chelsea he never even got 2 games in a row up top. Even though on loan to Bolton he outscored the combined tally of Drogba/Anelka/Torres for half a season against the same defenders they could not find the net against.

That's why I want to see how he does at Liverpool - just so I can call out our board of muppets for the huge muppetary their continued support for Torres ahead of better performing players and how that has cost us.

In just one match we have seen what a difference a striker who is actual doing pretty standard things like trying to get to rebounds or trying to run onto crosses have allowed Ba to score two goals out of three chances in a game where I would not say our midfield created all that much for him. Imagine if we had actually tried Sturridge or tried Lukaku against the clubs we managed to drop points against we might have found similar results - it's not exactly rocket science just a bit more movement inside the box which has been one the major weaknesses of Torres.

We didn't give him chances even though he should have been on equal footing to Torres this season based on their performances over the last few years. Sturridge has averaged a goal every 171 minutes he has been on the field since 2008, which is quite remarkable for a striker his age in the EPL. He got one start in his preferred position out of 14 possible matches he was fit for(Torres was banned) - that would of course lead to him looking for a club where he won't have to continuously try to prove himself to new coaches. Rodgers obviously will play him regularly and give him a fare chance up top.

If Sturridge was given a run of at least a few games in a row in his preferred position and failed to take it at CFC, I'd understand him being labeled a failure but at Chelsea he never even got 2 games in a row up top. Even though on loan to Bolton he outscored the combined tally of Drogba/Anelka/Torres for half a season against the same defenders they could not find the net against.

That's why I want to see how he does at Liverpool - just so I can call out our board of muppets for the huge muppetary their continued support for Torres ahead of better performing players and how that has cost us.

just because I don't rate Sturidge doesn't mean I am a Torres fan and I would think that is true of a number of fans on here .. I think for once the board got it right in selling Danny and buying Ba

just because I don't rate Sturidge doesn't mean I am a Torres fan and I would think that is true of a number of fans on here .. I think for once the board got it right in selling Danny and buying Ba

It's not a matter of rating Ba over Sturridge - because Ba was not a Chelsea player until this January. I'm talking about the previous two years during which in the League Anelka; Drogba and Torres failed to find any consistency yet our board and managers failed to give even an ounce of opportunity to a player like Sturridge.

As I've said you might have not rated him, but he cannot be deemed a failure with the statistics I've pointed out and the fact that he was never given two games in a row in his preferred position.

Torres isn't the player Ba should be disposing - Torres should have been cut loose after his 24 hour barren spell last season. Fact is that Ba has a similar goal per minute to what Sturridge has showed capability of doing in a similar side like Bolton and Ba was also ineffectual when shafted out on the wing in favour of Cisse for 6 months last season. If we played Ba on the wing and he failed to become a good winger is it the fault of Ba or the board/management for playing him in a position which he is not suited to?