Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I don't think he has a bad attitude, he's quite humble in the interviews of him I've listened to. His problem is that a lot often he tries to prove how good he is and why he deserves to start, in so doing he sometimes makes the wrong choice. He should be cut some slack though, he has only been playing top level football for only a year and a half now, he is still learning. Chelsea would be making a big mistake if they let Sturridge go, I can see him developing into a world class CF or RW and a full England international in a couple of years.

I had the same impression of him. He seems like a very sensible guy unlike how the media like to portray him, but they like to stereotype people, it's almost as if it's part of their job. Anyway, I agree with your other points as well. He's definitely a great talent, but the club and the player himself need to be patient if he is to succeed. I hope he's not too disappointed with how he hasn't started a match for us yet because I'm sure his time will come soon. To me, it was obvious that di Matteo would start Torres for the first few games of the season because he wanted to establish Torres as our main striker, but that doesn't mean Sturridge is being ignored or anything like that.

To be honest I think Sturridge will just wind down the last year of his contract and then just leave on a free. I think that's best for all parties. He can be a backup for just one more year and when he leaves (Inevitable in my eyes) we will either use Lukaku or buy a striker.

To me that was a positive sign as its clear that RDM only wants him to play as a center forward.

Then why couldn't he have brought him on for Torres for at least a few mins? Its hard to see Sturridge being happy with only 20 or so mins from 3 games. (Not to mention that these fixtures took place within the space of a week). He didn't even use all 3 of his subs. With the size of the squad we have now, I don't see how we can keep everyone happy without some kind of rotation.

It's not just Danny who has to be patient, it's the fans too. We've played just a couple of games yet, so there's still about 50-60 games coming. Sturridge will get his chance to show that he's part of our future. Just wait.

I have maintained all summer and now that Liverpool are no threat in terms of finishing above us.

If we are stupid enough to hand them one of the most promising young forwards in this country i might have to re access my opinion.

The offer is rumoured to be £15m, considering Liverpool spent £20m on Stewart Downing, the board should be sacked if they didn't laugh that bid off within a second.

It's not just Danny who has to be patient, it's the fans too. We've played just a couple of games yet, so there's still about 50-60 games coming. Sturridge will get his chance to show that he's part of our future. Just wait.

I hope you're right.