Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I do not think that he will play on the wing again, at least not under RDM. I am however surprised that he is yet to get a chance at CF, I hope he will start against Reading or at least get a good 25-30 mins

You're surprised? We've played two games and he wasn't part of our pre-season =P. When we're you expecting him to play? ;)

I expected him to come on vs Wigan when Torres looked genuinely uninterested in the match in the second half.

Sturridge played bad under RDM especially because he wasn't playing the same role. When AVB was here he asked Sturridge to play like an inside forward, told him to stay up for an stacking outlet etc.

RDM preferred a more defensive approach and therefore used the defensive winger approach, something Danny can't really do. He's a striker.

then why did he send Lukaku out on loan and not Danny...or even swap him for someone like Defoe

Seriously? I would be livid if the club even thought about swapping a player who's nearly at the end of his career for Sturridge who offers a lot more than Defoe.

What a performance from him. He was only selfish once, then after that he started cutting in and passing, his dribbling is so underrated, better than a lot of world class wingers. It's a shame he doesn't want to be a winger, i think he could mold into a perfect one, if he gained his maturity over the years he could develop into a fine winger. But he wants to be a striker and that's that, so lets see how he does there.

He also tracked back a lot which was good to see, had a bit of trouble near the end but he's not a defender he's going to get beat a lot of the time.

I totally agree. I think he would make a fantastic winger given how agile and quick he is, but I think he'll make a fine striker as well, and he seemed to track back well. I don't know if that had to do with him coming off the bench and being fresh and all, but anyway, that was good to see.

Sturridge is a good player for us on the right, don't know why he has to keep crying to play as striker.

Look at Hazard, he said his preferred role is as a no 10 but will play anywhere for the team. We need that type of attitude from Sturridge.