Eden Hazard

the wes

The one player I would like to have signed? Eden Hazard. We would have considered him, yes, because we were on the case a long time but there was such a competition for him. Manchester City and Chelsea, they fly a bit higher in the sky.

We tried to sign him two years ago, we were in touch with Lille but they never wanted to sell him. They had a clause and they decided only this year to sell. He was a very young boy, he is still a very young boy. He is a guy who has something special, as you have seen already.

Haha, good old Wenger :)

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193260/Arsenal-continue-talks-Arsene-Wenger.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

Ergh sick of wenger coming out after every signing made by a rival who shows promise 'yeah basically scouted him when he came out the womb, before anyone else, didn't sign him though so yknow....' just shut up arsene! Plenty of clubs looked at him, hell we we're first linked when he was 16! Brian McDermott at reading saw him before that.. Sorry guys just can't stand these stories from wenger when I open my paper in the morning

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193247/Newcastle-ace-Yohan-Cabaye-issues-Eden-Hazard-warning.html

Yohan Cabaye is hoping that a phone conversation with his former team-mate Eden Hazard does not return to haunt him.

The France midfielder was one of the close confidantes Hazard called when he was pondering his move to England over the summer.

Cabaye, who had a sensational first season with Newcastle, was Hazard's close friend at Lille, where the pair formed a formidable partnership. He knew the Belgian sensation was tailor-made for the Barclays Premier League.

'The Premier League will be good for Eden's progression,' Cabaye said in Athens this week.

'He had already won two times the French player of the year award. Everybody in France knows him, so the best way for him to improve again and to become one of the big, big players in the world - which he can be - was to move here.

'I don't have much doubt that he'll become one of the best players in the league, especially if he continues to play like he did last week.

'He is relaxed with the ball. Every time, just before he gets the ball, he knows what he is going to do with it. For me, he did against Wigan what he did for Lille on many, many occasions.'

Cabaye travels with his Newcastle team-mates for the evening's kick-off at Stamford Bridge with both sides enjoying winning starts to the season.

'I will speak to Eden before the game,' added Cabaye. 'I'm sure we will have a laugh and joke with each other and it will be the same on the pitch.

'He is my friend, so I will smile with him. I've played against him once before, when France played Belgium, and we drew 0-0 and it will be the same this time.

'I spoke to Eden before he joined Chelsea. He asked me about the Premier League. I told him that this league would be everything he expected and more.

Ergh sick of wenger coming out after every signing made by a rival who shows promise 'yeah basically scouted him when he came out the womb, before anyone else, didn't sign him though so yknow....' just shut up arsene! Plenty of clubs looked at him, hell we we're first linked when he was 16! Brian McDermott at reading saw him before that.. Sorry guys just can't stand these stories from wenger when I open my paper in the morning

It's well known over here in Belgium that Wenger was an admirer of Eden even before he was 16. He always been linked with Arsenal at a young age. And I'm sure he is gutted that he missed out on him, obviously because they dont pay money for players...

Most people that are into the game, seen Hazard the first time on the U17 EC (and thats where I first saw his talent). He was player of the tournament along with Bojan Krkic.

But with Wenger's roots in France he knew about the toptalent Eden Hazard when he signed for Lille at the age of 14. Wenger had even a phonecall with him 3 or 4 years ago, to pursuade him. But Lille werent ready to sell him because they knew what player they had on their hands.

Hazard himself was an 'Arsenal fan' at a very young age, because of presence of Thierry Henry (and other French players). He and Zidane were his Idols. I think he even supported the French team more then the Belgian at that young age. Off course those things change when you grow up :D