Hulk

thejolta

This comment is wrong on so many levels. Gomes? Lima? Cardozo? Dear God there is no credibility left after reading that list. I'm sorry, but Hulk is not getting enough credit from you. When he is in the line-up playing at right wing instead of centre forward, Porto are a completely different and almost unbeatable team. The only people on that list that can have nearly the same impact to their team are Aimar and Patricio. I'm not saying Hulk is king of the world Golden Ball winner quality, but to name these guys and say Hulk is equal-ish may go down as the least truthful misleading statement I have ever heard or read in my life. Am I exaggerating? You guys decide.

Fernando is easily the best defensive midfielder in the league.

Cardozo is astonishingly prolific, almost like, but not quite as good as, Falcao.

Aimar is magic.

Gaitan shouldn't be in the list.

Patricio is one of the best players in the league, and easily and by far the best goalkeeper. Better than most of the Premier League 'keepers.

Capel has single handedly won games for Sporting all season, including some magic efforts in the Europa League. Best actual WINGER in the league.

Gomes is one of the greatest players to ever play in the league.

Lima has easily been on Hulk's level this past season. Have you seen how many goals he scored?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fernando is easily the best defensive midfielder in the league.

Cardozo is astonishingly prolific, almost like, but not quite as good as, Falcao.

Aimar is magic.

Gaitan shouldn't be in the list.

Patricio is one of the best players in the league, and easily and by far the best goalkeeper. Better than most of the Premier League 'keepers.

Capel has single handedly won games for Sporting all season, including some magic efforts in the Europa League. Best actual WINGER in the league.

Gomes is one of the greatest players to ever play in the league.

Lima has easily been on Hulk's level this past season. Have you seen how many goals he scored?

God would you stop writing for a minute?

Its joke after joke with you...

God would you stop writing for a minute?

Its joke after joke with you...

I assume you're trying to be short without actually contributing to the debate at all in order to get your "rep" up as you assume what you wrote will get you 'likes'.

If you wouldn't mind, tell me - What written in that piece you quoted is a joke?

I assume you're trying to be short without actually contributing to the debate at all in order to get your "rep" up as you assume what you wrote will get you 'likes'.

If you wouldn't mind, tell me - What written in that piece you quoted is a joke?

I dont think writing the way i wrote will get me those rep points... im just trying to make you stop writing. For the benefit of this topic.

Why? cause you talk bulshit for number of pages. All those lists of players that could do better (or the same) than Hulk in Chelsea,

the list of players who are in the same level like hulk in the P. league... this is just unbelievably ridiculous.

Matt Jarvis, Farfan, Fernando.... OH MY GOD

Btw, you didnt anwer to my questions the last time i quoted you...

Fernando

Cardozo

Aimar

Gaitan

Patricio

Capel

Gomes

Lima

All equal-ish to Hulk. (I'm aware they play in different positions most of them, but they're to their position as what Hulk is to his position.)

While I admire your broad knowledge across different leagues, the argument you try to make is rather invalid. You just simply can not use a defensive midfielder or a GK to compare with Hulk and say they are equally good or better. It's a bit like saying Cech is better than Aguero or we've got Ashley already so no need to buy Hulk.

I dont think writing the way i wrote will get me those rep points... im just trying to make you stop writing. For the benefit of this topic.

Why? cause you talk bulshit for number of pages. All those lists of players that could do better (or the same) than Hulk in Chelsea,

the list of players who are in the same level like hulk in the P. league... this is just unbelievably ridiculous.

Matt Jarvis, Farfan, Fernando.... OH MY GOD

Btw, you didnt anwer to my questions the last time i quoted you...

Excuse me? Did I at any point say that Jarvis or Farfan were as good as Hulk? Answer this question first.

Secondly, I assume you haven't watched Porto this season to even think about including Fernando in your mini list there. He has been outstanding.

If you 'REALLY' wanted me to stop talking here for the benefit of the topic, shouldn't you have considered speaking to me ONE-TO-ONE through a private message?

Ah, which questions were those? You will ask me through a private message if you care about this topic so much.

While I admire your broad knowledge across different leagues, the argument you try to make is rather invalid. You just simply can not use a defensive midfielder or a GK to compare with Hulk and say they are equally good or better. It's a bit like saying Cech is better than Aguero or we've got Ashley already so no need to buy Hulk.

Hence me also stating in that same quote that I'm aware they play different positions, and making it clear that I'm comparing the level of how good they are to their own positions, and not the same individual attributes or qualities.

This ridiculous mentality of the Portuguese league being soooo inferior to the PL needs to stop. Some talk about the Portuguese league as if it's comparable to League 2 in Scotland.

i was saying that the portuguese league is not as physical as the premier league.

since you put words in my mouth, i agree. the portuguese league is inferior but perhaps not by that much.

i was saying that the portuguese league is not as physical as the premier league.

Maybe not, but Hulk is still built like an ox. Many players in the PL would still fail to knock him off the ball, the difference in physicality is not that great. They're all grown men, all athletes.

Maybe not, but Hulk is still built like an ox. Many players in the PL would still fail to knock him off the ball, the difference in physicality is not that great. They're all grown men, all athletes.

maybe so, i'd still rather we sign a tall player like fellaini. just to add height to our midfield and give us a plan b.

or we can sign both. hopefully.

:Goober:

Excuse me? Did I at any point say that Jarvis or Farfan were as good as Hulk? Answer this question first.

Secondly, I assume you haven't watched Porto this season to even think about including Fernando in your mini list there. He has been outstanding.

If you 'REALLY' wanted me to stop talking here for the benefit of the topic, shouldn't you have considered speaking to me ONE-TO-ONE through a private message?

Ah, which questions were those? You will ask me through a private message if you care about this topic so much.

1. I said "All those lists of players that could do better", i didnt said you said they are as good as he is.

2. Yes, i saw Porto in the last two seasons many times, Fernando is good CDM but as a footballer he's not in the level of Hulk.

3. Im too nervous to do such thing... its easier to do it publicly. (im being honest here...)

About my question:

You wrote:

"The point of us buying a WINGER though is so that TORRES scores. If we buy another player who'd rather shoot and pass/cross (ala Sturridge),

he won't start scoring again, and then more and more people will complain about not having a 'true' winger."

And i smartly wrote:

"Didnt we just signed Eden Hazard? and dont we have Juan Mata?"

Hence me also stating in that same quote that I'm aware they play different positions, and making it clear that I'm comparing the level of how good they are to their own positions, and not the same individual attributes or qualities.

The Skipper said fans from Porto and Benfica rate Hulk very high then you said they lie and at least ten others are equal or better than him, hence the list, no?

What I'm trying to say is, the list you made is irrelevant and completely useless in the whole buy or not buy Hulk discussion, unless you make a list of players who play the same position as Hulk, better cheaper and buy-able.

I'll just sum it all up quickly -

1: Hazard and Mata aren't wingers. They are both playmakers, one of which will be deployed on the wing position - but that does not make him a winger.

2: To be nervous about speaking to someone 1on1 means I should use your own quote on you - "Would you stop writing for a minute?".

I can't debate or conversate with someone who seems 'scared' or 'nervous' to take things away from a public audience.

This ridiculous mentality of the Portuguese league being soooo inferior to the PL needs to stop. Some talk about the Portuguese league as if it's comparable to League 2 in Scotland.

It is vastly inferior to the English league. Braga was the third place team in Portugal and they might be battling for relegation in England. Do they have a single starting international player? Their squad is made up of second-rate Brazilian and Portuguese players. The best players from all over the world go to the Premier League. Even teams struggling will have some internationals. There are internationals from England, France, Spain, Holland, all over Africa and Asia,, etc...The Portuguese League doesn't even have the best Portuguese players. In fact, West Ham had more internationals playing in the Championship than Braga did as the third place team. And Braga had a +30 goal differential which tells you all you need to know about the rest of the league.

It is vastly inferior to the English league. Braga was the third place team in Portugal and they might be battling for relegation in England. Do they have a single starting international player? Their squad is made up of second-rate Brazilian and Portuguese players. The best players from all over the world go to the Premier League. Even teams struggling will have some internationals. There are internationals from England, France, Spain, Holland, all over Africa and Asia,, etc...The Portuguese League doesn't even have the best Portuguese players. In fact, West Ham had more internationals playing in the Championship than Braga did as the third place team. And Braga had a +30 goal differential which tells you all you need to know about the rest of the league.

this.

I'll just sum it all up quickly -

1: Hazard and Mata aren't wingers. They are both playmakers, one of which will be deployed on the wing position - but that does not make him a winger.

2: To be nervous about speaking to someone 1on1 means I should use your own quote on you - "Would you stop writing for a minute?".

I can't debate or conversate with someone who seems 'scared' or 'nervous' to take things away from a public audience.

So you want "real" wingers? no one play this way anymore. My point is that Mata and Hazard would be the ones that will give Torres

assits, and Hulk too btw (you are the one who said he has like 4 assists last season? so you saw Porto or not? thats kind a wierd you didnt noticed he had like

3 times more than 4). The great thing about having hulk is that we'll have another scorer in the team which is hugh. Look at the other top teams:

City have Aguaro and Teves/X, Real have Benzema and Ronaldo and on and on... we will look way more dangerous with Hulk than with your "real"

boring winger.

And dont make jokes about my serious, serious problems as a human bean.

Tottenham play with real wingers, and they finished above us.

Manchester United play with real wingers, and they finished above us.

They both play better, more exciting football than us.

Yes the league is so poor 4th place Sporting Lisbon knocked out English champion Man City out of the Europa league.

Arsenal had 25 goal differential what is your point?

The difference between Man City and third place is 29 points, while in Portugal the difference betwwen 1st place and 3rd place is only 13 points. Is Portuguese league more comparative? no, here is the thing with stats i can make it do anything and make misleading statements.

The EPL is betterwithout a doubt, but Portuguese liga is still a respectable league with good teams and great history.

you have been banging the same argument for a while, with random statistics to back up your ridiculous statements and keep saying the Primeira liga is poor. Try another angle for your argument for once.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You