Hulk

thejolta

It will be a big deal if we wont sign him, because with him this team will be so much better than without, simple as that.

Yes we have Hazard, but if we want a squad that is good as City's, real and Barca, if we want to bring back the title- Hulk is needed.

He's hugh, and we have to make this deal imo. We will regrat this for years, he simply wont move to any other big club, it will be our miss.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must wrap this up!

World class players are gonna be overpaid for. That's what it takes to be an elite team. You must take a gamble every now and then.

Just pay the £38m and conclude this deal.

You just dont shell out £38m on an unproven player in the English league. We have already taken that gamble with Hazard.

Besides why should we be held to random by other clubs, if the player wishes to play for the European Champions then let him force his exit (like Alexis Sanchez who was quoted at 35m+ by the club and he ended up at Barcalona for 23m something).

There are plenty of them out there, if only our club would look for them.

I like how people say we dont need Hulk and list Ramires as an alternative. Ramires is not a fucking winger. We played him there because he could track back and has pace. He cant cross for shit. We need a winger.

Why is everyone getting so worked up with the money..... If roman wants to pay it then why not... Unless of course it affects the club in a ffp way or any other way, but him paying 8 mil more than he is worth will not bother me... If we can get a better RW who can be a back up to torres then buy him instead...i am all ears..... I know we dont want to get mugged off but what difference is 8 mil to roman... And if he thinks that the price tag is too much then its fair enough as its his money. I wont be going to the match and being annoyed that hulk cost roman more money than he should....

I'll be ecstatic if we don't sign Hulk.

Hate it when this forum blows up when we're linked with a new player and people decide we should go for him regardless, even if they've only seen a few international games of his and maybe 3 club games.

It's as if people can't understand such SIMPLE things in football.

Hulk is an inside-forward who plays on the wing, and loves getting goals.

He sometimes cuts in, and sometimes (but less often) hugs the touchline.

If we have Hazard and Mata interchanging, whenever Hulk cuts in, there will be a complete clusterfuck in the middle and our right side will be completely exposed, while Hazard, Mata and Hulk all run into eachother. There will then be someone charging down our right flank, and Torres, as he does, will then chase down that man on our right flank as he enjoys winning back the ball, meaning we don't even have a striker in position anymore.

Just because someone plays on the wing doesn't mean they're a winger.

De Bruyne isn't a winger, Kakuta isn't a winger, Kalou isn't a winger, Mata isn't a winger, Hazard isn't a winger etc.

What we need is someone who grew up as a small child, and had the mentality of - "I want to be a winger when I grow up! :D I love getting assists!".

Not a Brazilian striker who didn't work out in his favoured goal-getting striker position, who was then put out wide.

ALSO -

It's not a case of "It's not our money, who cares if Roman spends it?".

It's a case of if he spends this much on Hulk right after what's been spent on Hazard, he's less likely to want to invest again this season in other areas which need improvement more.

Imagine the amount of top players, squad players or prospects we could buy with £38mil.

We could buy literally any player in Ligue 1 for that amount, almost any player from the Bundesliga for that amount, any player from Serie A, (barring Thiago Silva), for that amount. Any player from La Liga, barring Barcelona and Real Madrid players, for that amount.

Any player from any lower league in any country, barring Neymar, for that amount.

And you guys want to spend it on HULK!? Shocking.

I'll be ecstatic if we don't sign Hulk.

Hate it when this forum blows up when we're linked with a new player and people decide we should go for him regardless, even if they've only seen a few international games of his and maybe 3 club games.

It's as if people can't understand such SIMPLE things in football.

Hulk is an inside-forward who plays on the wing, and loves getting goals.

He sometimes cuts in, and sometimes (but less often) hugs the touchline.

If we have Hazard and Mata interchanging, whenever Hulk cuts in, there will be a complete clusterfuck in the middle and our right side will be completely exposed, while Hazard, Mata and Hulk all run into eachother. There will then be someone charging down our right flank, and Torres, as he does, will then chase down that man on our right flank as he enjoys winning back the ball, meaning we don't even have a striker in position anymore.

Just because someone plays on the wing doesn't mean they're a winger.

De Bruyne isn't a winger, Kakuta isn't a winger, Kalou isn't a winger, Mata isn't a winger, Hazard isn't a winger etc.

What we need is someone who grew up as a small child, and had the mentality of - "I want to be a winger when I grow up! :D I love getting assists!".

Not a Brazilian striker who didn't work out in his favoured goal-getting striker position, who was then put out wide.

WHO?

Adam Johnson. Free to leave Manchester City for £15mil. Top winger.

Matt Jarvis.

Forrest from Celtic (amazing prospect).

Farfan.

Turan.

Cazorla.

A young relatively unknown player if our scouts ACTUALLY did some scouting.

Adam Johnson. Free to leave Manchester City for £15mil. Top winger.

Matt Jarvis.

Forrest from Celtic (amazing prospect).

Farfan.

Turan.

Cazorla.

I don't think that they at the correct level to come to cfc. Maybe only Cazorla or Adam.

Well then.

Spend £15mil on A.Johnson, and with the £23mil left over from what WOULD be spend on Hulk, we could buy a deep-lying playmaker and a back-up right-back.

Chelsea target Hulk has been offered a new contract by Porto, dealing the Blues a blow in their bid to land the forward

http://www.london24....rward_1_1407859

This is good news, because it'll speed up the process. Now either he just takes the new contract and or force a move by putting in a transfer request.

Another good thing is that we've been negotiating with him early in the window so even if it doesnt go through we have plenty of time to look at other targets.

That's simply not true on any level. £38M would be one of the highest transfers in history for a anybody and the highest ever for a player who has never played at a top level. More importantly, you are wrong about how teams are built. You know how many teams have spent £38M+ on a single player? Seven. You know how many teams have spent £38M+ on more than one player? One. Just Real Madrid. (and if we get Hulk at that price, us as well.) And the players that Real Madrid bought at those prices? Cristiano Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, and Kaka (and Ronaldo, just missed the list)-every single one of them had won FIFA player of the year before. Plenty of teams have success without spending ridiculous transfer fees on any one player and no teams have success splashing massive dollars out for unproven players. You look at a smartly run team like Bayern and they got Ribery and Robben for about £40M combined. They don't pay more than £25-30M for anybody ever. ManU, another well run team has only gone over £30 million once and it was a disaster. (Berbatov). Arsenal finished above us in the league and they spent £2.75M on Van Persie, £1M on Song, £10M for Vermalen, £12M for Nasri, etc...Even when they miss when they buy like that like with Arshavin, so what? It's only £15M. We paid that much for Lukaku. And £38M? Hell, we bought Mata for £23.5M last season and he was more sought after. It shouldn't be complicated. You look at a player, you see if he'll fit into the squad (hopefully by discussing it with the manager), you give him an evaluation, you negotiate up until that level. If they ask for more, you don't pay it and go and get someone else.

Some post that is! :worship:

Jesus Navas would be such a beast at RW if he didn't get homesick every other day.

I think he has been able to deal with his homesickness over the past 2 years! I friend of mine is a huge sevilla fan and the rumour is that he is ready to move on!

Farfan and Jarvis, jesus christ. I would be happier if you would put a nail through my dick than if Chelsea signed that. Can't believe you are still going on about how he isn't a winger, especially after your embarrassing "he had like 4 assists all season!!!" that was proven terrible wrong.

Chelsea has just won champions league, this is not the time to gamble on great prospects from the Scottish league or buy average English players (leave it to Liverpool) or fucking Farfan. No, it's time to take advantage of the situation and I couldn't be happier that the club is doing that, buy from the top shelve of what is available.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You