Hulk

thejolta

Why is everyone getting so worked up with the money..... If roman wants to pay it then why not... Unless of course it affects the club in a ffp way or any other way, but him paying 8 mil more than he is worth will not bother me... If we can get a better RW who can be a back up to torres then buy him instead...i am all ears..... I know we dont want to get mugged off but what difference is 8 mil to roman... And if he thinks that the price tag is too much then its fair enough as its his money. I wont be going to the match and being annoyed that hulk cost roman more money than he should....

I guess there comes a time when we stop going to daddy for each and every thing, we need to get independent. Roman has been shelling out money ever since he has taken over and honestly it is time that we become self sufficent. I know it is not a big deal for him to shell out some extra pounds but it has to stop somewhere. 38m is way too much for a player who is not proven plus we arent in a bidding war as well, just being held to ransom by the club. I agree with some of people here that we can buy some one cheap and utilise the remaining money for better use.

It time for the club to start being smart and also for all us fans to stop creating fantasy squads.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those players proved they had talent. Sturridge would have got into the England squad had he not had such a horrid second half of the season. More competition in the Brazil squad than England. There are some shockingly average players in the England squad right now e.g. Henderson, Downing etc...

Right, and Mata? He can't get in ahead of Fibreglass. So is he overrated? Shall we sell him?

If you think Johnson hasn't shown 'talent' then I'm not sure you watch football. :rolleyes:

Leif, I've seen quite a lot of Hulk games, due to me having a Portuguese friend. As I'm typing this on mobile, when I get home I'll forward a couple of match compilations to you so you can have an overall look of what Hulk offers in a game.

Compilations? I assume of his best bits? (As that's how most on here judge a player.) If we did that for every player we would have spent that £50mil on Negredo, not Torres.

Compilations? I assume of his best bits? (As that's how most on here judge a player.) If we did that for every player we would have spent that £50mil on Negredo, not Torres.

No, match compilations will show you everything he does in a game, good or bad. They're not your typical highlight reels showing the best bits of a player strictly.

It's the only thing I can offer you.

Now may I ask, how many games have you actually seen of Hulk? Have you watched him over a season or two like I have or?

The fact that Porto and Benfica fans rate him so highly, with one Benfica fan even coming out to say that he wishes Hulk would fuck off out of the Portuguese league so they'd have a better chance of winning it should tell you something.

The point of us buying a WINGER though is so that TORRES scores.

If we buy another player who'd rather shoot and pass/cross (ala Sturridge), he won't start scoring again, and then more and more people will complain about not having a 'true' winger.

No, match compilations will show you everything he does in a game, good or bad. They're not your typical highlight reels showing the best bits of a player strictly.

It's the only thing I can offer you.

Now may I ask, how many games have you actually seen of Hulk? Have you watched him over a season or two like I have or?

The fact that Porto and Benfica fans rate him so highly, with one Benfica fan even coming out to say that he wishes Hulk would fuck off out of the Portuguese league so they'd have a better chance of winning it should tell you something.

Yep. Seen him for around 3 or 4 years I believe as I follow Sporting Braga.

Those fans lie.

There are at least 10 players in the league who are equal or better than him.

Leif, you clearly have a good knowledge of world football, but seriously? Matt Jarvis? Come on mate.

I also think this '£38M' price tag is being banded about without any reliable source for it. I can't see us paying £38M, its just paper talk. Think nearer to £30M, is he worth that?

I personally want to see Hulk here as he's just that - a winger and a striker all burgeoned into one.

Sturridge doesn't have the same level of consistency when it comes to assists like Hulk does. He's a striker played out of position.

Hulk however has made that spot on the right side of attack his own. He also works hard and contributes defensively, which Sturridge is poor at.

I don't want us to buy Hulk to feed Torres. We've got Hazard and Mata for that. I want Hulk to provide us a bigger threat when we go forward.

TransferMarket's evaluation of Hulk (they usually overprice players by around £5mil-£7mil, so he'll actually be worth even less than the following price):

£30mil / 34mil euros.

I was just watching an ol

Aj seems like a guy that wants to cross to th ball. While hulk is a guy that goes for goal. Since drogba is gone I think we need a hulk or our goals might dry up

I was just watching an old Drogba highlight reel. It has become apparant that we will never, ever have another player like him! An absolute fucking beast in the air and on the ground.. No other will compete..

Name them please.

Fernando

Cardozo

Aimar

Gaitan

Patricio

Capel

Gomes

Lima

All equal-ish to Hulk. (I'm aware they play in different positions most of them, but they're to their position as what Hulk is to his position.)

The point of us buying a WINGER though is so that TORRES scores.

If we buy another player who'd rather shoot and pass/cross (ala Sturridge), he won't start scoring again, and then more and more people will complain about not having a 'true' winger.

Didnt we just signed Eden Hazard? and dont we have Juan Mata?

Adam Johnson???? Matt Jarvis???? I would rather have a slightly overpriced Hulk any day... He is unproven... (Fair enough in the prem)... but so is the majority of foreign players.... He is strong fast can score and has numerous assists as porto.... He also WANTS to play at RW... something that we dont have.... He also is a bit of a different atacking option to Hazard, Mata, both of which i really like btw.... And if for some reason we need to go for a more attacking line up then he can be used as a second striker....

Also it is easy to name several players who are as good or better than hulk and maybe cheaper, but the vast majority are still under contract, (to release them is much more expensive), happy where they are, or dont want to come here.... That seriously reduces the numbers... I think some people think that all players will just move wherever without a say and think they are playing Fifa.....

If we can get a better player in the same position for cheaper then i am completely open to it but until then i would love to see Hulk in a blue shirt...

Hmm.. I was totally blown away by the Hulk youtube compilations... i was so eager for him to join chelsea i bought tickets for the Bra vs Arg game last weekend and watched the game..

My first live game and was totally blown away by ... not Hulk.. but Messi !! Superb hattrick from him.. just WOW... anyways back to topic.. Hulk though he scored a goal off a corner.. was made to look very average by Zabaleta !!! He did not dribble past him even once.. Got 2 one on one chances and blew them both... Maybe it was just a off day and he failed to turn up.. or maybe it was a friendly and he wanted to take it easy... either ways he wasn't convincing enough for 38m price tag... Neymar on the other hand was totally world class... i had always doubted his you tube bits.. but was totally impressed with his play.. very good awareness.. nice touches.. excellent turn of speed, good dribbles.. only difference between him and messi was finishing.. guess he will get that with age... Lucas Moura another palyer linked with us came on for the last 10 mins and rarely had a touch.. So cannot comment on him...

But on this game's eveidence.. Neymar over Hulk anytime !!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You