Hulk

thejolta

Well then.

Spend £15mil on A.Johnson, and with the £23mil left over from what WOULD be spend on Hulk, we could buy a deep-lying playmaker and a back-up right-back.

Exactly my toughts right now. We could buy Adam Johnson and Joao Moutinho for same amount as Hulk.

And there is big plus, that Johnson is England player.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put something into perspective.

Here is a more accurate list of the only players I believe that, club loyalty/retirement plans etc. aside (so let's imagine they don't care about their current club that much), we couldn't buy for £38mil:

Casillas

Ramos

Ronaldo

Benzema

Ozil

Alonso

Higuain

Valdes

Fabregas

Iniesta

Sanchez

Messi

Maybe Pastore

Buffon

Chiellini

Thiago Silva

The usual Man Utd/Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham players

Ribery

Gomez

Lahm

Gotze

Neymar

L.Moura

Neuer

Literally anyone else in the world could potentially be ours instead of Hulk for the same amount of money, club loyalty/age aside.

One final thing:-

Hulk - £38mil

or -

Adam Johnson - £15mil

Nuri Sahin - Loan

Debuchy - £12mil/Anyone else around the same price or anyone decent on a free.

Any squad, youth or back-up players with the final £11mil.

Grand total of Johnson, Sahin (for a season), Debuchy and some extra players? Same as Hulk.

Now - Which is more appetising?

During the season we cry for wingers. But when the season ends no one really cares for wingers. Even Eden is apperently not a real winger. From the looks of it, we need Hulk since he has an eye for goal and takes players on.

Adam Johnson. Free to leave Manchester City for £15mil. Top winger.

Matt Jarvis.

Forrest from Celtic (amazing prospect).

Farfan.

Turan.

Cazorla.

A young relatively unknown player if our scouts ACTUALLY did some scouting.

Are you alluding that Hulk doesn't get assists? Strange that considering a lot of Falcao's goals for Porto came through Hulk.

I don't want us to settle for second rate players. You continue to buy second rate players who will "just about do the job" and we'll become just that - a second rate side. How anyone could want Matt Jarvis and James Forrest over Hulk in here is quite bewildering.

Taking the money involved out you can't deny that Hulk is more effective than every single player you've mentioned out there.

Hulk wouldn't work in the team? I'll give you an example of Holland's WC 2010 starting eleven for most games. They had:

RVP

VDV - Sneijder - Robben

Which is very comparable to:

Torres

Mata - Hazard - Hulk

Have you had a look at the Holland defence? It's shocking. Robben doesn't offer anything defensively does he? Yet they still played some slick stuff, and nearly finished the tournament as winners. The notion that Hulk wouldn't work in the team is again quite bewildering. Hulk offers loads more defensively than Robben as well.

Fair enough if you think Hulk is overpriced but what you can't deny is, that when you take the money out of it, Hulk is better than every singly player you've listed.

Just because someone isn't already in a top team demanding a ridiculous fee means they're a second-rate player.

Anyone with just 1 eye can see that Jarvis has consistently been one of the best wingers in the UK these past few seasons.

Also - Was Cristiano Ronaldo 2nd-rate when he was at Sporting? He didn't play for a big club, and I doubt you knew of him back then.

Doesn't mean you just ignore that player and then go buy an inferior, more expensive one, just because they're talked about more.

Hulk isn't even "great". He's good at best.

The only reason he got those assists with Falcao is because, simply, Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world.

Put Hulk and Torres in the same time, and I guarantee that Hulk won't get more than 5 Torres assists.

Well then.

Spend £15mil on A.Johnson, and with the £23mil left over from what WOULD be spend on Hulk, we could buy a deep-lying playmaker and a back-up right-back.

Johnson is not proven. He could flop for all we know and then we will be stuck without a winger until January then we will have to pay £60m for hulk.

Johnson is not proven. He could flop for all we know and then we will be stuck without a winger until January then we will have to pay £60m for hulk.

Not proven!? He has 73 Premier League appearances for the current PL champions Manchester City and 11 league goals for them, where'as Hulk has only just over 20 more appearances than him in a FAR inferior league.

Oh by the way -

Hulk league appearances (whole career) - 202 appearances, mainly made up of Porto, Tokyo Verdy and Consadole Sapporo.

Adam Johnson league appearances (whole career) - 186 appearances, mainly made up of current champions Manchester City and Middlesbrough.

Johnson is 1 year younger and English.

He's also less than half the price.

It's simple.

Surely if he was that good, he would have cemented a starting position in those 73 appearances. He aint good enough for City but we will take him!!!!

Borini 'wasn't good enough' - sure is good enough for Roma and the senior Italy squad. (and now many want him back.)

Just because a player can't show off his goods doesn't mean he's not good enough. That's just stupid to imply.

Cristiano Ronaldo only had TWENTY FIVE league appearances for Sporting.

If Manchester United had that stupid mentality I keep seeing all over this forum (thinking a player isn't good enough based on amount of appearances or what they haven't achieved in their current team), they wouldn't have had one of the greatest ever players.

Just because someone isn't already in a top team demanding a ridiculous fee means they're a second-rate player.

Anyone with just 1 eye can see that Jarvis has consistently been one of the best wingers in the UK these past few seasons.

Also - Was Cristiano Ronaldo 2nd-rate when he was at Sporting? He didn't play for a big club, and I doubt you knew of him back then.

Doesn't mean you just ignore that player and then go buy an inferior, more expensive one, just because they're talked about more.

Hulk isn't even "great". He's good at best.

The only reason he got those assists with Falcao is because, simply, Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world.

Put Hulk and Torres in the same time, and I guarantee that Hulk won't get more than 5 Torres assists.

I hope you're not being serious with that. Let me give you a scenario - if we got Hulk for £30m would you still want Jarvis here over him?

Anyone with an eye can see that Hulk has been the best player in Portugal for seasons in a row now. Go ask a Porto or Benfica fan.

Porto fans I know rate Hulk higher than Falcao as well. What does that tell you? You can't just be a "good" player if you are rated higher than Falcao can you? You can't just be a "good" player if you directly contribute for almost half of your teams goals, almost single handedly landing your team the league title. He's a great player. You can't deny that. Maybe not worth £38m, but Torres isn't worth £50m, Modrc isn't worth £40m either. It's the nature of the market today. If Zidane and Ronaldo played in the current market during their primes, they'd both be easily overpriced by over £100m in today's market.

Hulk was without Falcao this season and still grabbed 16 assists. Void argument. Hulk will provide you the unique blend of a high goal and high assist tally. Matt Jarvis will not. Simple.

You're bitter about the price but that doesn't mean you should belittle the player.

I hope you're not being serious with that. Let me give you a scenario - if we got Hulk for £30m would you still want Jarvis here over him?

Anyone with an eye can see that Hulk has been the best player in Portugal for seasons in a row now. Go ask a Porto or Benfica fan.

Porto fans I know rate Hulk higher than Falcao as well. What does that tell you? You can't just be a "good" player if you are rated higher than Falcao can you? You can't just be a "good" player if you directly contribute for almost half of your teams goals, almost single handedly landing your team the league title. He's a great player. You can't deny that. Maybe not worth £38m, but Torres isn't worth £50m, Modrc isn't worth £40m either. It's the nature of the market today. If Zidane and Ronaldo played in the current market during their primes, they'd both be easily overpriced by over £100m in today's market.

Hulk was without Falcao this season and still grabbed 16 assists. Void argument. Hulk will provide you the unique blend of a high goal and high assist tally. Matt Jarvis will not. Simple.

You're bitter about the price but that doesn't mean you should belittle the player.

No point in talking mate. He is dead set on wanting an overrated English player. Johnson who cant even get into the England squad (Hulk is in the Brazil squad) or Jarvis LOOOL!

Ah, best in Portugal for a few seasons in a row?

Was Falcao not the best just a season or 2 ago?

Cardozo has also been ahead of Hulk.

Yeah, well you'll find Chelsea fans on here who rate Torres higher than Sturridge and Drogba.

Doesn't mean he IS better though, does it? Doesn't mean he SHOULD be our number 1 man.

Also, I can and will deny that he's a great player. He's just like most of the players we target - grossly overrated. May I ask - how many games of his have you seen?

No point in talking mate. He is dead set on wanting an overrated English player. Johnson who cant even get into the England squad (Hulk is in the Brazil squad) or Jarvis LOOOL!

Ah, Mata can barely get a game for Spain these days. Sturridge isn't in the England squad. David Luiz is rarely picked for Brazil anymore (his injury aside). Ramires can't get a game for Brazil. Let's fuck them all off and buy more expensive players who ARE in their national teams starting line-ups, shall we? Great logic.

Ah, Mata can barely get a game for Spain these days. Sturridge isn't in the England squad. David Luiz is rarely picked for Brazil anymore (his injury aside). Ramires can't get a game for Brazil. Let's fuck them all off and buy more expensive players who ARE in their national teams starting line-ups, shall we? Great logic.

Those players proved they had talent. Sturridge would have got into the England squad had he not had such a horrid second half of the season. More competition in the Brazil squad than England. There are some shockingly average players in the England squad right now e.g. Henderson, Downing etc...

Ah, so doing the weak and easy thing of trying to base it all off stats I see.

You still didn't answer my question.

How many full games of his have you actually seen?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You