Hulk

thejolta

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come when we discuss a player from Portugal the quality of the league becomes a primary part of the debate? And how come everyone exaggerates to make their points seem more relevant? Nobody with a brain would say Portugal's league is as good as the EPL, but people talking smack about it, bringing up international players, goal differentials, and things like that obviously don't watch the league, period. The superiority complex about the EPL is frustrating to other fans because people are so busy trumpeting how utterly fantastic their league and dismissing other leagues that they can't see the forest through the trees. Recognize that another league doesn't need to be shit upon in order to validate the quality of the EPL. Everyone knows players generally aspire to get out of the Portuguese league to play in the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, and sometimes the Serie A but a huge part of that desire is money and worldwide fame.

The disparity in the leagues is truly overstated by some here. Sorry for the wakeup call, but Porto and Benfica would be battling nose to nose for Champions League spots in England and our next tier would be nose to nose against the Liverpools and Evertons for Europa League spots. We would be far far away from relegation battles, and to say that the West Hams of the world would be fighting for our title is simple ignorance. Being ignorant of our league is justifiable since we don't have as much coverage as others but to spout off these types of claims shows who talks for the sake of talking and who actually knows what they are talking about.

Sorry about the rant but I'm sensitive about this stuff. I'm not trying to come across as combative, but its just frustrating reading some of this stuff.

Please, don't cheapen Portugal by saying Liverpool will be as good as your second-tier teams! :P

For me its clear whats happening:

Hulk's agent want Hulk to move to Chelsea, but Chelsea just dont want to pay what Porto is asking, so the agent is saying other clubs are interested to see if Chelsea is willing to pay a bit more. Weeks ago he said to brazilian press that Portugal became too small for Hulk, and was time for move to a bigger league.

Right now he is saying Hulk would be happy to say at Porto, because he knows Chelsea won buy Hulk for that price, but at least his client will get a pay rise.

What I think will happen: Hulk will stay with Porto for another season.

Hulk's agent want Hulk to move to Chelsea, but Chelsea just dont want to pay what Porto is asking, so the agent is saying other clubs are interested to see if Chelsea is willing to pay a bit more. Weeks ago he said to brazilian press that Portugal became too small for Hulk, and was time for move to a bigger league.

Right now he is saying Hulk would be happy to say at Porto, because he knows Chelsea won buy Hulk for that price, but at least his client will get a pay rise.

If he stays in Porto for another season he'll be 27 and then no way in hell will Chelsea pay 30 million for him :wank2:

Porto are clearly trying to get more money out of this transfer, i say we wait until Hulk puts in a transfer request B) (he definately wants to play outside Portugal)

If Hulk doesn't leave Porto this season, I doubt he'll leave the Portuguese league at all...I mean, seriously, which club is going to pay 30 million for a 27 year winger in 2013?

Only Chelsea want Hulk..and if Porto are playing hard-ball with us for 38 million, we should be pursuing alternative targets for the RW position.

If Hulk doesn't leave Porto this season, I doubt he'll leave the Portuguese league at all...I mean, seriously, which club is going to pay 30 million for a 27 year winger in 2013?

Only Chelsea want Hulk..and if Porto are playing hard-ball with us for 38 million, we should be pursuing alternative targets for the RW position.

PSG are buying Lavezzi for that price mate. Unless Carlo keeps Pastore on the right, the purchase of Thiago Silva nearly agreed to and rumblings of a Modric bid show they are not fucking around.

Once again...people are assuming they know the price of the player when they have no idea what's really going on or what his price is.

The deal hasn't even been agreed upon yet somehow all of you psychics on here know exactly how much we are buying him for. Amazing.

He could end up selling for 25 million for all any of you know. If you don't like him as a player then fine. But all of you killing this deal because of the price when you don't even know what it is need to cool off.

Talk sport reported that Porto are set to offer him a new contract so hmmm we are fucked if we dont get a move on, still think the deals long gone now.

sometimes they offer new contract so player can increase buy-out clause, or lower oercentage of transfer he recieves. (i read that somewhere if i remember correctly) :D

Hulk is a great player but i rather see alan dzagoev because he's way cheaper and his a fan on chelsea.

thats why love international competitions, they give guys like dzagoev chance to be 'seen' wouldn't mind that but everyone is clamouring for world class rw, witch i understand, and i think demand being champions and having lack of that world class rw for long time now.

Hulk is a great player but i rather see alan dzagoev because he's way cheaper and his a fan on chelsea.

Yeah amazing buy!! You probably saw him for 2 matches and now you want him at Chelsea. We dont need an Arshavin man.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You