Hulk

thejolta

I just want us to sign a good value deal for once, or sign someone we'll make a substantial profit on.

I'm probably missing someone really obvious, but the last person I remember us making a good profit on was Robben to Real Madrid. I believe we got exactly double our money back.

Not forgetting anyone. Since then we have practically let every one go for free: Cole, Ballack, Sheva, Anelka, Alex, Zhirkov, and now Drogba, Kalou and Bosingwa.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not forgetting anyone. Since then we have practically let every one go for free: Cole, Ballack, Sheva, Anelka, Alex, Zhirkov, and now Drogba, Kalou and Bosingwa.

We didn't let Zhirkov, Alex and Anelka leave for free. Sold Zhirkov to Anzhi for about 13.2 million, Alex to PSG for 4.2 million and Anelka to Shanghai Shenhua for undisclosed fee. Don't think there were much in that.

We didn't let Zhirkov, Alex and Anelka leave for free. Sold Zhirkov to Anzhi for about 13.2 million, Alex to PSG for 4.2 million and Anelka to Shanghai Shenhua for undisclosed fee. Don't think there were much in that.

I meant practically for free since we bought them for much much more than that.

I meant practically for free since we bought them for much much more than that.

Well, most of them including Anelka but not so much on Zhirkov and think we actually gained a bit profit from Alex's sale. Get your point though.

The only reason I dont think Hulk will be good here is because of his brasilian thinking. Lot of brasilian players lose their play in EPL.

Lucas is not even half mature as Hulk.

Dzagoev, Ayew or Gotze if Hulk wont come

Why no one wants Ayew? He is decent size, bit bulky, realy fast, good with head and both legs. Also as second striker and has some experience in CL. He was quite good this year in France.

Because he doesn't really play on the right. Hulk is so much more direct that Ayew or Gotze or Dzagoev. Dzagoev shouldn't even be in the mix tbh, he'd be behind Mata and Hazard for his in the hole spot in the team.

Ayew and Gotze are also more naturally on the left if I'm correct. The point I'm trying to make is that Hulk offers more when it comes to a physical, direct presence in attack. In my opinion we need someone direct in attack to force things if the likes of Hazard and Mata are getting shut down, or if we're on the counter perhaps. Ramires and Hulk on the counter would be devistating.

I'm all for Hulk me, as long as it's around £35m, which is a quite reasonable price for him in today's market where the likes of Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing cost a bomb shell.

The only reason I dont think Hulk will be good here is because of his brasilian thinking. Lot of brasilian players lose their play in EPL.

Lucas is not even half mature as Hulk.

Dzagoev, Ayew or Gotze if Hulk wont come

Why no one wants Ayew? He is decent size, bit bulky, realy fast, good with head and both legs. Also as second striker and has some experience in CL. He was quite good this year in France.

Not sure with that thinking when we got David Luiz, Ramires, and in the past Alex!

Not to mention that Lucas Leiva for Liverpool was the best player form them till he got injured.

Surely such fairy tale does not hold truth any more. Like the myth of being lightweight be put to rest with players like Mata, Silva and such.

Because he doesn't really play on the right. Hulk is so much more direct that Ayew or Gotze or Dzagoev. Dzagoev shouldn't even be in the mix tbh, he'd be behind Mata and Hazard for his in the hole spot in the team.

Ayew and Gotze are also more naturally on the left if I'm correct. The point I'm trying to make is that Hulk offers more when it comes to a physical, direct presence in attack. In my opinion we need someone direct in attack to force things if the likes of Hazard and Mata are getting shut down, or if we're on the counter perhaps. Ramires and Hulk on the counter would be devistating.

Dzagoev is right winger for Cska and Russia national team, while Ayew (you were right) is left winger. But in that case, we can just put Hazard to right, since he is good on both flanks. Ayew is younger and half cheaper, He scored around 20 goals this year, made 40 apps for Ghana and looks very certain to suceed despite his young age. He has that factor 'I will prove myself', is worker and not like Hazard, who is more a star himself.

And just harsh comparison, Ayew scored 3 goals less this year (while playing in harder league for a club in crisis) than Hulk, 3 years younger, 177cm, 73kg, both play on wing or as second striker, speed, stamina, pace dribbling, while it is more possible that Ayew would evolve better than Hulk at Chelsea and play here for longer time.

I realy want to see Hulk here, but perhaps he is overrated, and I dont want to see another 50mil spent for air...A new Robben we need...

Not sure with that thinking when we got David Luiz, Ramires, and in the past Alex!

Not to mention that Lucas Leiva for Liverpool was the best player form them till he got injured.

Surely such fairy tale does not hold truth any more. Like the myth of being lightweight be put to rest with players like Mata, Silva and such.

It depends on type of player, defenders nowdays have no real problems, same with prospects, but

brasilian superstars wonder me, Hulk is much more hyped than Ramires or Leiva, but if he can handle that 50mil pressure than fine...

BlueLyon we're not getting Ayew so you might as well stop.

At one point you want Hulk, then not because of his price and looking for alternatives like Muniain, and we have never been linked with him, while in winter, there was interest in Ayew...

It depends on type of player, defenders nowdays have no real problems, same with prospects, but

brasilian superstars wonder me, Hulk is much more hyped than Ramires or Leiva, but if he can handle that 50mil pressure than fine...

50 mill pressure?

You don't need to be from Brazil to feel that pressure!

Ask a certain Mr. Fernando Torres from Spain to see how that feels?

Dzagoev is right winger for Cska and Russia national team, while Ayew (you were right) is left winger. But in that case, we can just put Hazard to right, since he is good on both flanks. Ayew is younger and half cheaper, He scored around 20 goals this year, made 40 apps for Ghana and looks very certain to suceed despite his young age. He has that factor 'I will prove myself', is worker and not like Hazard, who is more a star himself.

And just harsh comparison, Ayew scored 3 goals less this year (while playing in harder league for a club in crisis) than Hulk, 3 years younger, 177cm, 73kg, both play on wing or as second striker, speed, stamina, pace dribbling, while it is more possible that Ayew would evolve better than Hulk at Chelsea and play here for longer time.

I realy want to see Hulk here, but perhaps he is overrated, and I dont want to see another 50mil spent for air...A new Robben we need...

My mum's from Ghana so I know quite a lot about Ayew's talent. He really is a class act, but not what we need IMO. He's not as direct as Hulk and while he could work, I think Hulk is more suitable to the PL. We've already got two similar players like Ayew in Hazard and Mata.

You're right though, we shouldn't be looking to sign Hulk anywhere near 50mil. The CFC board know this as well, so we really need to stick to our guns and not let Porto mug us off. Hulk is trying to push it through in the most sentimental way but I think he's going to have to do more.

We'll see. It's only a matter of time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You