Hulk

thejolta

How can Hulk (a reserve player for the brazilian team) cost more than a player who has won 'the best player in France' title for the last 2 years, and is a few years younger as well... am I missing somthing?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Hulk (a reserve player for the brazilian team) cost more than a player who has won 'the best player in France' title for the last 2 years, and is a few years younger as well... am I missing somthing?

Hulk isn't a "reserve" player for Brazil. Hulk has been the best player in Portugal for several years now.

That's what you're missing.

I think it's safe to say that Menes is not the brightest of coaches.

If the best player in France was playing for Porto he would cost more since they always sell their players for hefty prices, especially to us :ph34r: though technically he would be the best player in Portugal then :P

It's really down for the people leading the clubs. What they want and what kind of person they are.

And some of you should wait for some more credible source to post the fees rather then going all nuts with millions thrown in our faces.

If the best player in France was playing for Porto he would cost more since they always sell their players for hefty prices, especially to us :ph34r: though technically he would be the best player in Portugal then :P

It's really down for the people leading the clubs. What they want and what kind of person they are.

And some of you should wait for some more credible source to post the fees rather then going all nuts with millions thrown in our faces.

Looks like they might have jumped the gun, but Guardian is usually more credible than most

I think you'll find Hulk has started the last few matches for Brazil and is starting to prove himself as a first choice.

And anyway this is the same Brazil that can't even find a place for Ramires in their squad, let alone the first team, and I don't think he has done too shabby for us!

seeems like were going back to old ways, and stretchin out transfers. i think i'd rather see us buy the rb first, always feels more secure. so if porto want to play tough let them, he's there player and only denying the inevitable, try and wrap it up last week of june.

alsoooo, where the fuk is our manager, that being said that first, then azpili then hulk or other world class rw.

What does the Abola article say?

It says that:

"All is clear for Hulk to negotiate his deal to chelsea. He is free from interntional duty and should start pushing for a deal to go through. He had a a very good tour after scoring 3 in 4 games. This should prove his value and Chelsea should be able to conclude a deal with Porto soon."

Hulk isn't a "reserve" player for Brazil. Hulk has been the best player in Portugal for several years now.

Several years? Try two. three years ago, he had 5 goals. The players of the year in the Portuguese league before Hulk were David Luiz, Bruno Alves, Lisandro Lopez, Simao Sabrosa, and Quaersma and not a single one of the those players is remotely close to being a top-level talent right now so dominating the Portuguese league is hardly a sign of great things to come. It doesn't mean Hulk couldn't be a great player at Chelsea, it just means that paying huge bucks for a player with this little experience against top clubs (and being 26 and not 21) is a massive risk. It's also annoying because it's as if Chelsea don't understand how negotiations work. Chelsea need someone who can score goals. There are dozens of options for them. Instead of saying "let's find the best talent at value", they say "let's get Hulk no matter what" and so will inevitably overpay for him which means there will be extra pressure on him and virtually no chance that he will be good value. It's the same situation with Torres. Instead of saying "we need to replace Drogba so let's find a striker who can do that" Chelsea said "we want Torres" and ridiculously overpaid for him. Chelsea should have had an evaluation on Hulk of around £20-25M and maybe if they really liked him, going up to £30M. David Silva was £24M. Mata was £23.5M and both were more established, played in a better league, and were younger. If Porto wants more, then say "thanks, but no thanks" and go and buy someone who is a better value.

You think Hulk was better than Falcao when he was playing in Portugal? I think your wrong!

You think Hulk was better than Falcao when he was playing in Portugal? I think your wrong!

um most rate Hulk higher, not only he basically scored the same amount of goals but he was also responsible for providing half of Falcao goals.

Falcao is a great goal scorer, but Hulk can do much more then just score goals. He can create for others and contribute more to team plays.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You