David Luiz

the wes

Why would Mourinho play Luiz at RB where he is more likely to get a card than just play A Cole who played well for England before he was injured?? Its no longer time to experiment, last time we experimented we went down 3-1. Just play AC3 at leftback he still has it in him to play a key role for us especially in at least one game

Why would Mourinho play Luiz at RB where he is more likely to get a card than just play A Cole who played well for England before he was injured?? Its no longer time to experiment, last time we experimented we went down 3-1. Just play AC3 at leftback he still has it in him to play a key role for us especially in at least one game

Pride and personal problem.

I'm really surprised both Luiz and Lampard didn't play today. Both have a rocket shot (well, at least Lampard has good accuracy in them).

I think ramires never should of played today and either lampard or luiz should of.

I'm really surprised both Luiz and Lampard didn't play today. Both have a rocket shot (well, at least Lampard has good accuracy in them).

Because of game in midweek. I'd have brought on Lampard though, not his usual self when it comes to goal-scoring this season, but i'd still bet on him than our other players.

I know you're trying to be all patriotic defending your fellow Brazillians, but being annoyed at a reckless, inept and visionless ATHLETE (and not footballer) is justified criticism and not 'scapegoating' - but if you feel that way then more fool you.

Actually the most "patriotic" forum member here is the one that liked your post. Everybody knows what Ramires can and can't do, and people who knows one thing or two about football (and thats not your case) understand he is a useful player. Actually he has been one of our most useful player in past seasons, he was tremendous in 2011/12, now suddenly he is useless and "should never play again".

Actually the most "patriotic" forum member here is the one that liked your post. Everybody knows what Ramires can and can't do, and people who knows one thing or two about football (and thats not your case) understand he is a useful player. Actually he has been one of our most useful player in past seasons, he was tremendous in 2011/12, now suddenly he is useless and "should never play again".

Useful? When you want someone to sprint back to the dressing room to collect something then yes. On the pitch? In 1-v-1 situations, probably yes. But that's about it... He's never going to learn how to pass, or how to even spot one, or how to control the ball, or how to not fall over when shoulder barged or how to not get himself sent off: he's not just a passenger in the team -- he's a nuisance.

Meanwhile Luiz, for all his flaws, is more than just an athlete and I'm sure most Chelsea fans would rather see him play out-of-position in the midfield than to see Ramires play in his 'natural' position.

Indeed. He has been a nuisance this season, specially lately. There is no denying that, but going from that to, "he's useless lets sell him!" is kinda crazy to me. Now if we are talking about improving on Ramires, then yes, like someone like Vidal/Pogba, then it's a different story.

I for one, had never heard of David Luiz before we signed him - don't follow Benfica/portugal. Seen lots of Ramires though, and his game hasn't changed a bit. He was no youngster when we signed him and if we didn't want "the athlete" Ramires, then someone made a huge mistake. Because that's what Ramires is and has always been.

Even for Brazil, as you know Ramires isn't a starter and I reckon he shouldn't be for us either, but he can be a useful player nonetheless for no other reason than his ability (poor choice of words) to play in different positions; he has even played in RB!

If he isn't a starter then I don't think many people would really care if he stayed or not. But under Mourinho he always seems to be first-choice despite being an absolute liability, which is why I guess selling him would mean be the only choice (but that's not going to happen without Jose's permission).

If he isn't a starter then I don't think many people would really care if he stayed or not. But under Mourinho he always seems to be first-choice despite being an absolute liability, which is why I guess selling him would mean be the only choice (but that's not going to happen without Jose's permission).

I think the problem is that Ramires is the only choice at the moment. Luiz lacks the stamina to play too often in midfield, Van Ginkel isn't quite fit yet, Mikel doesn't offer anything when Matic is playing and the only surprise was Lamps not starting (although he may well start in Madrid too).

Barcelona eye David Luiz transfer with La Liga giants convinced they'll be able to buy this summer

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-eye-david-luiz-transfer-3437031#ixzz2zVzc4BBw

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Another big money offer would be perfect.

Well we have to hope Jose is only starting Ramires because he's got no better option atm.

Weren't for CL and I reckon Luiz/Lamps would have started last match. We clearly have several under performing players at the moment - really terrible timing! Ramires is one of them, Oscar another. While I think Oscar's issue is physical (coaching staff might know more bc he can barely run!), Ramires' remains a mystery.

I value technique too highly to rate Ramires. Still value what he offers to some degree: dedication, aggressiveness, pace, work rate, etc. His passing is just not good enough to make him the player we need. I'd play Luiz instead without missing a beat - far better footballer in general.

Luiz is a bit too similar to Matic though. Our midfield bbecomes a bit heavy with them. We need someone mobile like Ramires but with better technique (spec first touch and passing).

I think the problem is that Ramires is the only choice at the moment. Luiz lacks the stamina to play too often in midfield, Van Ginkel isn't quite fit yet, Mikel doesn't offer anything when Matic is playing and the only surprise was Lamps not starting (although he may well start in Madrid too).

Hmm he may well be, but I don't have high hopes for his departure/sitting on the bench next season given that Mourinho wanted him at Inter and Real, so clearly very highly rates him.