David Luiz

the wes

Not sure what game you were watching he was ridiculously pedestrian, he made some tackles and interceptions of course but as per usual so lax on the ball he is either hot or cold and last night he was below warm! For the game of this magnitude, in the last 5 minutes alone he didnt jump for 2 crosses aimed straight at him for a simple clearance which led to opportunities. Just a few examples, hesitant to go for the ball also. So frustrating because we know his talent exists, I can only put it down to he knows he is going in the summer, last season he bled blue.

Can't find the vid, but here are the gifs

tumblr_n4gp50WfM41r3p0vko1_250.giftumblr_n4gp50WfM41r3p0vko3_250.gif

Neil Barnett : What is it about this team that keeps getting to the final stages of European competitions?What do we have in our blood?

David : Ambition, Belief, Working hard everyday. That’s why.

x

Maybe DL should get the nod as Captain on Sunday

Maybe DL should get the nod as Captain on Sunday

It's between him and Iva for UCL, but I don't get why he'd be the captain against Liverpool. I don't even think he'll play tbh. He's a key player and we can play Matic-Lamps or Mikel on Sunday and none of them on UCL. We can also play Iva as a CB and Cole and Azpili as the FBs.

I don't give a fuck about the Liverpool match given the circumstances.

Can't find the vid, but here are the gifs

tumblr_n4gp50WfM41r3p0vko1_250.giftumblr_n4gp50WfM41r3p0vko3_250.gif

Neil Barnett : What is it about this team that keeps getting to the final stages of European competitions?What do we have in our blood?

David : Ambition, Belief, Working hard everyday. That’s why.

x

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1qm67b_david-luiz-ambition-belief-and-hard-work_sport

It's between him and Iva for UCL, but I don't get why he'd be the captain against Liverpool. I don't even think he'll play tbh. He's a key player and we can play Matic-Lamps or Mikel on Sunday and none of them on UCL. We can also play Iva as a CB and Cole and Azpili as the FBs.

I don't give a fuck about the Liverpool match given the circumstances.

I don't know if you saw my post in the Atletico-Chelsea match thread, but I said the same thing. Actually I said leave the two in the locker room & let them sort it out. First one out gets the armband. Of course Brana would win that fight :Goober: Gary Cahill would be a good shout as well. He was Captain @ Bolton & has played some important matches for the Club as well.

Luiz better play well next week against Atletico. Unless, Iva is moved in to replace JT spot & Cahill, azpi, Cole are used on defense. Personally, I would rather see Luiz in the midfield. Much less to worry about if he makes a mistake there.

I still think he is something realy special. And he will show it at world cup. I just hope we dont sell him, he has that passion that almost no one else has in current team. I feel if we get our LB, CM and striker done, if we stop concentrating on defense THAT much, Luiz could work in pair next to Cahill or sth.

Hope he finds consistancy, matures after world cup and seals his place in our starting 11. It will be sad to see him play in Barca/Bayern where he would prove us wrong. He is top defender IMO.

I still cant believe people 'want' him gone. I would understand if actual official bid for like 30/35mio would come, but not because of some BS reports. He is top person, funny, gets along with team, never complains, works hard, always performs in big games and most importantly loves the club. Something you rarely see nowdays.

I totally agree with you. Everytime I see him play for Brazil, he seems to be a world beater. He has the talent to be one of the best CB's around, but he loses concentration a bit too often. Also, I love the passion he plays with. A rare thing to see in players nowadays.

There should be no talk of getting rid of him at all IMO. Get rid of the dead wood lying around at Cobham.

Mourinho almost destroyed Luiz career, but somehow he will be sold for 30m, an impressive amount of money for a player that is considered a liability is third choice for CB, behind the not so almighty Gary Cahill.

But for a manager that sold Mata, and "might sell Hazard and Oscar", thats not a big deal at all.

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer

Mourinho expects to get around £30million for Luiz, who is a summer target for Barcelona and Bayern Munich. #CFC #FCB (Mirror)

40mil and we ll talk.

luiz fits the barca/bayern (or rather pep's) philosophy of a ball playing defender perfectly. he would be a good fit for teams who dont care how many goals they let in as far as they can outscore the other team. we dont have that. we have struggle coming from a goal down at the bridge.

and with both barca and bayern interested (if true), we should be able to rip them off specially barca since they anyways love to overpay for brazilians...

I still think he is something realy special. And he will show it at world cup. I just hope we dont sell him, he has that passion that almost no one else has in current team.

Cahill has passion. Terry has passion. Lampard has passion. Azpi has passion. Ivanovic has a ton of passion. Ramires has misdirected passion. Hazard seems to genuinely enjoy being a footballer. Costa (if we get him) certainly has passion and fire.

I think you're confusing passion with taking selfies and giving thumbs up whilst sticking your tongue out. That's Miley Cyrus passion.

Hope he finds consistancy, matures after world cup and seals his place in our starting 11. It will be sad to see him play in Barca/Bayern where he would prove us wrong. He is top defender IMO.

There's always a hope that David Luiz can mature as a player.... I mean he is only 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 :noexpression: .

I still cant believe people 'want' him gone. I would understand if actual official bid for like 30/35mio would come, but not because of some BS reports. He is top person, funny, gets along with team, never complains, works hard, always performs in big games and most importantly loves the club. Something you rarely see nowdays.

Newcastle was a big game and he didn't perform in that. So was West Brom. In fact people need to get over this notion of their being 'big games' - every game where a person pays to see you put on the shirt with the money they've worked hard for is a big game.

There were also plenty of mutterings about players being pissed off with his attitude as well. Yes take joy in the football but do the hard bits as well.

No-one will disagree that he has EVERY physical attribute needed to be a top-class defender. But it's the mental side that is highly questionable. For me he is fourth-choice centre-back behind Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic and I'm even tempted to put Kalas above him too. As a midfielder, maybe he has a future here.