David Luiz

the wes

Quite a lot or reliable sources reporting it. Makes sense if we're buying a new fullback because we'll have Iva as 3rd choice CB and one of Zouma or Kalas as 4th. Don't like the idea of us losing some money on him but with the season he's had I can't really complain about 25m euros. But hopefully that was just barca's first offer and we can milk them for a bit more.

People are more concerned about losing a player with a bit of charisma rather than his skill.

We can almost certainly get a better player with the money.

Get out with all that sense, he pulls funny faces and has great hair.

I would sell only because it means we'll never have to see him in midfield again. Anything that means the midfield will be improved is a plus for me at this point.

It's a shame Mourinho completely went back on his word and played him in midfield after saying he wouldn't and making fun of Benitez for doing so.

Whats Jose doing? Luiz is the only one alongside Matic who tries to make something happen when we're playing at a snail's pace in midfield. Mata was the other creative player with the most assists and key passes for us and he sold him too. Not many players can play CB and CM. If this is true and we get someone like Paulinho as a replacement, we're in trouble. Hope this is false, we need David Luiz to stay.

It only makes sense if you use the money to buy someone better.

For CB, Terry at 33 ain't getting younger you know?

Ramires, seriously? I rather keep DL then Ramires.

So let's see if we get a good CB or a good CM.

I think we already got our 3rd CB in zouma last window.

I dony know the exact stats but I think DL has started more games as a DM than a CB. Specially in the 2nd half of the season. The money we get for DL will be used for a CM.

Unless it's for an extortionate fee like £35m or more or we already have a deal agreed with a top class CM then I don't really think it's worth selling him. He's popular with the fans, he's popular in the locker room with the players, and he's versatile on the pitch. I can see the Brazilian players being devastated if he's gone, Oscar especially.

If Barca or Bayern want him they'll hopefully either have to pay a huge fee or swap a player for him that is excess to their needs but we're desperate for. Fabregas or Kroos would work for me. :)

Agreed. The only aspect about this transfer that I don't like. The clubs in for him are barca, bayern and maybe PSG. We should be getting something ATLEAST north of 30.

right... besides, I think the overall investment on him including his wages could be more than 30m, had he been sold last summer, it could've easily been for more than that figure

I would sell only because it means we'll never have to see him in midfield again. Anything that means the midfield will be improved is a plus for me at this point.

It's a shame Mourinho completely went back on his word and played him in midfield after saying he wouldn't and making fun of Benitez for doing so.

I think it's harsh to say he went back on his word. Jose has already said that he felt we needed to change the way we played and I think he had higher expectations of Luiz as a central defender. He had to drop him twice so in his mind I think he stopped being a CB option and had to be utilised elsewhere.

Throw in the injury to Van Ginkel and the decline of both Mikel and Essien and it was a pragmatic move to make.

But I agree that it's probably a good thing not to have him in midfield next season despite the fact I think it's his best position in the Premier League.

People are more concerned about losing a player with a bit of charisma rather than his skill.

I think people have vastly different definitions of charisma too. Selfies, thumbs ups and sticking your tongue out whilst being a bit of a clown is one type of charisma.

Bobby Moore, Roy Keane, JT etc. had a different type of charisma, but one that would inspire others. I'm not saying that Luiz isn't capable of that (indeed he's shown aspects of being a leader in the past) but I think his more exuberant personality is what some people find appealing.