Roman Abramovich Thread

This above report I would expect to be more correct, and the scaremongering has come from this.

I assume there will have to be some form of binding agreement in place within the sale that either (a) the debt is written off once sanctions are lifted by Roman in some form or (b) the initial price is, say, £1bn which goes to Government for charity, with the remaining £1.5bn to repay the loan once sanctions are lifted.

I would imagine this is quite a complex issue which requires discussions with a number of parties (Roman, Chelsea, Boehly, Premier League for FFP purposes, Government for licensing issues) and is probably a point of serious discussion/negotiation to resolve in the most efficient way possible.

The easiest way to do this would be for the Government licence to allow Roman to convert his debt to equity at the point of the sale. It makes the most sense but then not a lot of this has made much sense the last couple of months.

What I found interesting and was picked up on others. Roman said about money to victims of the war. He never said it would all go to Ukraine. Know most likely would but think that's why a lot of people and media were a bit hmmm hang on...

If i woke up to the news Ratcliffe had took over, id not be shocked.  Timing of everything seems real convenient.   Hasnt he also met the CST already since Friday?

I still think it'll be Boehly, but the timing of Ratcliffe's bid, the bypassing of Raine, which would indicate a deal directly between him and Roman/the club; and the talks with buck and Uk govt already, [plus the fact he would pass due dilligence with the govt almost immediately] id suspect on paper, Roman prefers his offer.  And even though i still think Todd's group get it as said, I don't think it's quite cut and dried. 

Talk that he cannot progress his bid until Boehly's exclusivity expires makes no sense because 1. There is no exclusivity yet, I'm sure Matt Law would have reported that, seeing as he is in bed with one of Boehly's team, and 2. Roman CAN still reject the offer, this exclusivity period does not mean you absolutely have got the club signed, sealed and delivered

Thats just me speculating, though

Edited by ChelseaFanUK

3 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

If i woke up to the news Ratcliffe had took over, id not be shocked.  Timing of everything seems real convenient.   Hasnt he also met the CST already since Friday?

I still think it'll be Boehly, but the timing of Ratcliffe's bid, the bypassing of Raine, which would indicate a deal directly between him and Roman/the club; and the talks with buck and Uk govt already, [plus the fact he would pass due dilligence with the govt almost immediately] id suspect on paper, Roman prefers his offer.  And even though i still think Todd's group get it as said, I don't think it's quite cut and dried. 

Talk that he cannot progress his bid until Boehly's exclusivity expires makes no sense because 1. There is no exclusivity yet, I'm sure Matt Law would have reported that, seeing as he is in bed with one of Boehly's team, and 2. Roman CAN still reject the offer, this exclusivity period does not mean you absolutely have got the club signed, sealed and delivered

Thats just me speculating, though

A very interesting speculation though and with an air of plausibility.

Takeover thrown into doubt as Abramovich makes demand

The sanctioned Russian owner is looking for debt linked to the club's parent company to be paid to a Jersey-based firm, according to reports, just four days after Todd Boehly's consortium began exclusive takeover talks

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-sale-roman-abramovich-debt-26862005

Roman Abramovich is considering a U-turn on his vow to write off Chelsea's £1.6bn debt as part of the club's sale, according to a report from The Times, despite the takeover appearing to be nearing a conclusion.

Club officials last week told the government that they they want to restructure the way the club is being sold, the report said, with a demand that the debt linked to parent company Fordstam is paid off to a Jersey-based company called Camberley International Investments.

Fordstam's latest accounts say that "Camberley International Investments Ltd provides funding to Fordstam Ltd and its subsidiaries as required to enable the Group to continue as a going concern." But it is unclear who has ultimate ownership of Camberley International Investments Ltd, a company established in August 2020.