Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

We have a team good enough to win it, but I'm afraid RDM is not good enough.

I was really upset with our match in FA Cup final, after Carrolls goal it was ridiculous, only Liverpool played and a goal for them looked imminent. Hope I'm wrong.

So, what do you think RDM did tactically wrong against Liverpool then?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he isn't better than Pedro or Sanchez...

but do you disagree with me about him starting? I think he's a sure starter imo.

I think he should start, Im only joking, because its funny to see Kalou starting in such a game.

So, what do you think RDM did tactically wrong against Liverpool then?

I think he failed to change the team when things werent perfect. He replaced Ramires, a lethal weapon for counter attack.

How so? He's better than Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Sanchez and all that wank that Barcelona used as wingers against us. He's also better than Malouda and offers much more defensively in a game like this than Sturridge.

There's always space in any game for a hard working player. And you must agree that we simply have nobody else to play, especially if Bosingwa is at right back. What will be a disgrace is failure to start Drogba or starting Essien.

Ok there mate I understand your a Kalou stan but Pedro and Sanchez are way better players....

I think he failed to change the team when things werent perfect. He replaced Ramires, a lethal weapon for counter attack.

Rambo was growing out of the game and Enrique was getting forward alot on the left hand side imo. He tried to counter that by bringing on Meireles to overcrowd the midfield where Liverpool had already sacrificed a player there to bring on Carroll. A change that I could understand anyway.

Ok there mate I understand your a Kalou stan but Pedro and Sanchez are way better players....

I'll give you technique, but physically, Kalou is far ahead of them. And penalties. Don't forget penalties.

Something like this:

Technique

Shooting: Barcelona's two

Dribbling: Ditto

Passing: Close. Kalou seems to have lifted his passing game immensely in the last couple of months, but they're Barcelona players so they're probably better. I'll go with them.

Crossing: Barcelona's two

Penalties: Kalou

Set pieces: I've never seen any of the three take a corner or a free kick

Ball control: Barcelona's two

Defending: Kalou

Physical

Pace: Kalou

Strength: Kalou

Stamina: Kalou

Aerial ability: Kalou

Work rate: Kalou

Balance: Don't know

Mental

Intelligence: Barcelona's two

Resilience: Barcelona haven't often been in a position where they have their morale shattered and/or coming off successive poor performances; so it would be unfair for me to side with Kalou here as they haven't been able to demonstrate their ability to bounce back from having their confidence shattered.

In the end, it depends on what type of players you prefer. I prefer solid, industrious types as opposed to flashy dribblers. I would go as far as saying Sanchez and Pedro are flat track bullies, great to have on your team when you're favourites, but if you're going into the game as an underdog I would take Kalou.

I'll give you technique, but physically, Kalou is far ahead of them. And penalties. Don't forget penalties.

Something like this:

Technique

Shooting: Barcelona's two

Dribbling: Ditto

Passing: Close. Kalou seems to have lifted his passing game immensely in the last couple of months, but they're Barcelona players so they're probably better. I'll go with them.

Crossing: Barcelona's two

Penalties: Kalou

Set pieces: I've never seen any of the three take a corner or a free kick

Ball control: Barcelona's two

Defending: Kalou

Physical

Pace: Kalou

Strength: Kalou

Stamina: Kalou

Aerial ability: Kalou

Work rate: Kalou

Balance: Don't know

Mental

Intelligence: Barcelona's two

Resilience: Barcelona haven't often been in a position where they have their morale shattered and/or coming off successive poor performances; so it would be unfair for me to side with Kalou here as they haven't been able to demonstrate their ability to bounce back from having their confidence shattered.

In the end, it depends on what type of players you prefer. I prefer solid, industrious types as opposed to flashy dribblers. I would go as far as saying Sanchez and Pedro are flat track bullies, great to have on your team when you're favourites, but if you're going into the game as an underdog I would take Kalou.

B2= Barcelona's 2 K= Kalou

Shooting: B2

Dribbling: B2

Passing: B2

Crossing: B2

Penalties: K

Set pieces: ?

Ball control: B2

Defending: K

Pace: B2

Strength: K

Stamina: K

Aerial ability: Even

Work rate: K

Balance: B2

Intelligence: B2

Resilience: B2

No way are they faster or better in the air than him, and their resilience is unproven, unlike Kalou who came through a shitstorm with AVB to play better than he has for a while.

And for balance, they dive so that must mean they have worse balance :Goober:

The outcome of the Champions League final decides our near future. It is so much more than just a game of football now because of what rides on it. there is no grey areas now.this is a typical "cross-roads" moment. Its either win and all the fan-fare surrounding the champions league winners (super cup, club world cup, better players etc) or the sheer disappointment of a loss (spurs in CL, players ignoring the club and possibly the worst of all - drogba, lampard, cole, cech etc - 2 champions league finals - 0 wins)

Capri have you ever watched Tello? The skill the lad has is unbelievable nevertheless I agree that kallou needs t play. I think that Torres out of position on the wing or cutting into the hole is a better option than what we have available..

Strike might disagree but should realise that the the red card Torres got against Swansee was harsh havent seen to many of those given even the other night aims inst the scum there were yhree that could have gone the same way. Desfending wise again Torres will look at his defenders and move up as against Barca look at replay of the disallowed goal and yon will see he new therefore I honk that he'll do the job that others arntb( studridgenin particular) he jumps or turns around at tackles

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18034072

Chelsea duo David Luiz & Gary Cahill in fitness battle

Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo says the club will do all it can to get injured defenders David Luiz and Gary Cahill fit for the Champions League final.

Both will miss Sunday's final Premier League game against Blackburn in the hope they can recover for the showdown with Bayern Munich on Saturday, 19 May.

"We hope to have them in the group training next week," said Di Matteo.

"With the suspensions we have, we have to try our hardest and push them as hard as we can."

Chelsea are desperate to get Luiz and Cahill fit for the final in Bayern's Allianz Arena because regular defenders John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic are suspended.

Chelsea's suspended quartet

• John Terry
  • Branislav Ivanovic
  • Raul Meireles
  • Ramires

Luiz was seen doing some ball work at Chelsea's training ground on Thursday, raising the prospect of him playing some part against Blackburn.

"We tried, but he wasn't ready so now we're trying for the last game," said Di Matteo.

"It's difficult to give it as a percentage. They're at similar stages - not available for Sunday, and next week we'll push them to be available for the group."

Luiz has not played since the FA Cup semi-final victory over Tottenham on 15 April, with Cahill sidelined limping off in the Nou Camp nine days later.

The added complication for Cahill is that aggravating his injury would put his England place in doubt ahead of Euro 2012.

But Di Matteo said: "We need to think about ourselves and what the club's interests are.

"If he's fine, he'll be available. If he's not, he won't be. As simple as that."

rumors are coming from twitter that Bastian Schweinsteiger is still having problems on his knee, he might miss the Borussia Dortmund and the Chelsea game.

No chance he misses the finals! I would say amen to that idea... These are all smokescreens just like Cahill and Luiz being in doubt for the final

FFS Kalou is a must. We haven't lost a single game when he was in starting lineup, and you know that not loosing this games means winning it.

Do not surrender capri I support you with the Kalou thing in this one!