Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Why not:

<the pic>

Malouda is really inconsistent. Torres has better pace, dribbling and will trouble lahm or rip apart rafinha. malouda on the left will be invisible during big games now

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malouda is really inconsistent. Torres has better pace, dribbling and will trouble lahm or rip apart rafinha. malouda on the left will be invisible during big games now

nothing troubles Lahm

nothing.

and rafinha probably wont play

Predator is right, Lahm will be fine either way.

Our concern is not who will trouble lahm (which is as Predator rightly said is nothing) but who will stop him on the attack and that should be Malouda. Playing a strker on the wing against the best fullback in the world is suicidal.

Our concern is not who will trouble lahm (which is as Predator rightly said is nothing) but who will stop him on the attack and that should be Malouda. Playing a strker on the wing against the best fullback in the world is suicidal.

fair enough but torres has shown time and again that he can track back and nip the ball. he's a better candidate than sturridge that way

i agree with you that malouda is better defensively but he will provide little or no threat going forward in comparison to torres

Our wings are fucked, we have to play through the middle because we simply have no wingers. Worrying that this is only a week away, this could go horribly wrong. Luiz and Cahill STILL are not fit, Malouda and Kalou are geniune options, Essien is a cripple so wouldn't trust him. I couldn't name a starting XI that i could be happy with. We're in trouble.

Play Malouda and our left wing will be totally irrelevant when we attack.

But Malouda can at least pass. Torres on the wing means he will run into Lahm and loose the ball every single time. While Danny there means we will be exposed to lahms crosses. We really don't have many options.

Torres has to play imo, i don't know where but somewhere. Maybe even just play Danny, Torres and Drogba and hope for a good day.

Drogba

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

Lampard - Mikel

the 3 behind Drogba can interchange as they all know how to play in the middle or out wide. This could cause Bayern problems if they switch n change. Sturridge is in bad form and Torres & Drogs rarely start together but i think it's an option. I would still never start Kalou. Never.

Torres has to play imo, i don't know where but somewhere. Maybe even just play Danny, Torres and Drogba and hope for a good day.

Drogba

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

Lampard - Mikel

the 3 behind Drogba can interchange as they all know how to play in the middle or out wide. This could cause Bayern problems if they switch n change. Sturridge is in bad form and Torres & Drogs rarely start together but i think it's an option. I would still never start Kalou. Never.

Mata on the flanks?! That won't work. It will negate his strengths and defensively, he's not that good which of course will then be a disaster with Bosingwa playing on the same side as well.

He's played almost his whole season out wide really. But those 3 could play anywhere as i said, they can interchange. Switch Torres for Mata then. Torres always drifts over there anyway.

Drogba

Sturridge - Mata - Torres

Lampard - Mikel

Drogba is a striker, Torres is a striker, Sturridge is a striker, Kalou is a striker, Mata is an attacking midfielder. 2 ppl will be out of position no matter what.

He's played almost his whole season out wide really. But those 3 could play anywhere as i said, they can interchange. Switch Torres for Mata then. Torres always drifts over there anyway.

Drogba

Sturridge - Mata - Torres

Lampard - Mikel

Are you seriously suggesting Sturridge & Torres to play out wide?!!

Like there's a better option. Ok no fuck it, lets play Kalou and Malouda, then we'll surely win the UCL ....

Do we really have a choice?! At least by playing Malouda on the left & Kalou on the right, we will have a proper balanced team for the final. Those two would certainly track back more than Sturridge and Torres both combined. The former has already proved to be ineffective when used on the left and with his defensive deficiencies, it will just leave Cole exposed to Robben. As for Torres, we can all sit down here and say Torres has shown he can track back and work hard for the team but that was when he played upfront. Can we really be assured that he will do that from start to finish from him out wide on the right, in an unnatural position?! Remember, we have Bosingwa playing at RB and he will need maximum help from the wide player in front of him to deal with Ribery.

But Malouda can at least pass. Torres on the wing means he will run into Lahm and loose the ball every single time. While Danny there means we will be exposed to lahms crosses. We really don't have many options.

Every time? the only game i can remember where he constantly fucked up was against Barca away, can't believe he scored in that game.

Usually he's pretty decent out wide, he tracks back and can actually cross.

And Malouda can pass? lol really? i don't see one single advantage of starting Malouda. None.

Another 7 days for this thread to feature crazy lineups.

atm, since there are 2 or 3 better players suspended, every possible line-up looks weak. we just have to accept the fact that Bosingwa is starting and 2 of Kalou, Malouda, Torres and sturridge are starting on the wings

atm, since there are 2 or 3 better players suspended, every possible line-up looks weak. we just have to accept the fact that Bosingwa is starting and 2 of Kalou, Malouda, Torres and sturridge are starting on the wings

this. This is why I don't feel optimistic about this final. If we had our full strength first team out id say we would do it but we don't, nothing even like it. We could possibly have 4 of our first choice CB/RB missing, our engine is gone with rambos suspension and we don't have 2 good wingers. There are any amount of different line ups and formations but id personally go for

Cech

Bos Cahill DL Ash

Mikel Lamps

Torres Mata flo

Drogs

We can argue all day that torres is a striker and not a wingers but the simple fact is that when he has played or drifted out there this season he has set up goals, made good crosses and gets himself in the box. He's also a good grafter and will defend when needed, don't fancy sturridge for any of that. Plus that team looks daunting on paper and for the oppo. I'd say this tho, if DL AND Gary ain't fit ....it won't be good