BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18205513

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has asked Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer to come up with an alternative to the "tragedy" of penalty shoot-outs.

So now they ask a Bayern Munich legend to come up with a solution because there's absolutely no way we would have won if we weren't so lucky and got the most undeserved win ever etc. It's obvious that Blatter doesn't like us very much.

So bitter but somehow I like it. Let them cry and hate us as much as they like because we really don't give a fuck. :dance:

Worst of all is you get some parts of the media and ex-managers/players coming out to slate us for our defensive tactics. Feels like they are just being hypocrites as who on earth will be such an idiot to play Barcelona at their own game!! Really, the only time we parked the bus in the CL this season was against Barcelona and maybe Valencia at home. Otherwise,we usually have tried to play and attack the opposition. Against Bayern in the final, the accusations on us being on the defensive have been OTT. The reason why we looked to be doing that was because of our poor ball retention and misplacing passes too easily, which in return, invited constant pressure from Bayern and ended up having to defend most of the time.

No. Not at all. Even Barcelona needed some luck to win the CL under Guardiola but almost everyone have been hypnotized by their tiki-taka football that they have overlooked other factors. In 2009, the referee turned down 4-5 LEGITIMATE penalties in favor of them and they were also lucky that we did not put away those chances from open play that we got.

Then last year, Van Persie was harshly sent off for just kicking the ball away in the 2nd Last 16 tie at the Camp Nou. Arsenal were still pretty much in that tie then but once they went down to 10 men, they had no chance whatsoever. Moving on to the semis. Pepe was sent off for a supposed tackle on Alves when he didn't even touch him! Was still 0-0 that time but Madrid then lost 2-0 and pretty much the tie.

Yes, thank you for proving my point. I couldn´t remember Barcas Champions League fate last year.

^ I swear there were similar articles when we lost it on penalties in 2008.. cognitive bias.

Blatter is a deluded old fool, how has he managed to keep his job for this long, smh.

Had to give you rep, 2,999 was such a horrible number to be stuck on :lol:

^ I swear there were similar articles when we lost it on penalties in 2008.. cognitive bias.

Blatter is a deluded old fool, how has he managed to keep his job for this long, smh.

We won the Champions League on penalties and now suddenly he wants to scrap the PK shootouts. :rant:

We won the Champions League on penalties and now suddenly he wants to scrap the PK shootouts. :rant:

Please! Only United and Liverpool can win on penalties.

Germans don't lose on penalties they said

Take Chelsea to penalties they said

...his whole rant just wreaks of sour grapes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18205513

So now they ask a Bayern Munich legend to come up with a solution because there's absolutely no way we would have won if we weren't so lucky and got the most undeserved win ever etc. It's obvious that Blatter doesn't like us very much.

So bitter but somehow I like it. Let them cry and hate us as much as they like because we really don't give a fuck. :dance:

Germans don't lose on penalties they said

Take Chelsea to penalties they said

...his whole rant just wreaks of sour grapes.

rv5RH.png

Welcome to the Blue Side of the Force

yoda.jpg

Bad moments in Chelsea's history have healed over time, but I was never able to watch any highlights of anything to do with Chelsea - United final in Moscow 4 years ago.

For fucks sake i even have the season review DVD and turned it off when it got to the final.

But now I don't mind. It just feels so like it was meant to be, and those knockbacks we suffered so many times has made this triumph so much more special. People can talk about the money spent, blah blah, but it really feels like we fucking earnt it!

Bad moments in Chelsea's history have healed over time, but I was never able to watch any highlights of anything to do with Chelsea - United final in Moscow 4 years ago.

For fucks sake i even have the season review DVD and turned it off when it got to the final.

But now I don't mind. It just feels so like it was meant to be, and those knockbacks we suffered so many times has made this triumph so much more special. People can talk about the money spent, blah blah, but it really feels like we fucking earnt it!

:delight:

Was funny watching UEFA and co whoever it was give the trophy..the mega fake smiles on their faces...not doubt right from the draw hoping for a Barca Real final..and we fucked that right up :D

It sure was. Screw that Platini for once!! :rant: