Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish it was this time last week, I want to do it all again.

Not sure my heart could take that level of drama again. Fuck me there's been enough this Champions League run and last week topped the lot.

I'm just happy to saviour the win, watch it countless times over and over knowing what the final outcome is going to be :blue scalf:

I've just finished watching the highlights of the Napoli home game, two semis and the final tonight. Our run this season defies all logic and, admittedly from a biased perspective, is the most unbelievable thing I have ever witnessed in football. So many fine margins, last ditch blocks, great saves and goals at vital times.

Just seeing the passion and spirit running through the veins of the Chelsea players during that run, the never say die spirit and attitude makes me so proud to be a Chelsea fan.

Drogba has admitted during the final the occasion got to him a couple of times and his head dropped. Mata picked him up as they kicked off after Muller's goal and told him we could still win it and he was the man to win it for us, and when he gave the penalty away, David Luiz told him to believe. These are two players who have been at the club for 12 and 18 months respectively, coming from cultures which have been known in the past to lack the stomach for a fight when things are down. They've both embraced that Chelsea belief and spirit. I fucking love it!!!

These are two players who have been at the club for 12 and 18 months respectively

Actually Mata has been here for only 9 months and Luiz 16 months. I hate myself :wacko:

Am I the only one that still gets nervous looking back at the penalties? My palms always sweat even if I know the outcome.

Yeah, it reminds me of the intense emotions when watching live. I was somewhy especially nervous during Cole's pen, dunno why (never confident when a defender takes them). I also had a feeling that Olic would fuck up, because he was the first non-German to take, his face wasn't very confident and I felt Cech was bound to save at least one.

Am I the only one that still gets nervous looking back at the penalties? My palms always sweat even if I know the outcome.

I just watched extended highlights again. I have no frickin' idea how I got through the actual game without knowing the outcome. Chelsea were so close to defeat so many times. Their mental toughness cannot be commended enough.

http://footballspeak...ay-To-Play.aspx

A very good piece that with great points being made. Well worth a read.

Good article. It's rather simple though...good tactic is that one that brings you victory :P Pundits can take their @$@#% and stuff it up their @$%@ :wank2:

I've just finished watching the highlights of the Napoli home game, two semis and the final tonight. Our run this season defies all logic and, admittedly from a biased perspective, is the most unbelievable thing I have ever witnessed in football. So many fine margins, last ditch blocks, great saves and goals at vital times.

Just seeing the passion and spirit running through the veins of the Chelsea players during that run, the never say die spirit and attitude makes me so proud to be a Chelsea fan.

Drogba has admitted during the final the occasion got to him a couple of times and his head dropped. Mata picked him up as they kicked off after Muller's goal and told him we could still win it and he was the man to win it for us, and when he gave the penalty away, David Luiz told him to believe. These are two players who have been at the club for 12 and 18 months respectively, coming from cultures which have been known in the past to lack the stomach for a fight when things are down. They've both embraced that Chelsea belief and spirit. I fucking love it!!!

Great. Just great.

Is that from an interview ?

I just watched extended highlights again. I have no frickin' idea how I got through the actual game without knowing the outcome. Chelsea were so close to defeat so many times. Their mental toughness cannot be commended enough.

I know it is crazy to watch back and think 'we actually won this' we were so crap at times! And the amount of corners they had..and us with our one which we scored from :D

But yeah I'm the same when watching back the pens...know we won but watching them back is still eeeeek nerves lol! Cant belive its been a week!!!

Gota be weird for Bayern next season when their league starts.Mean we play back at the Bridge after loosing a semi final which can be hard...they've gotta go back to their ground where they lost a final