BlueLion.
Followers 0

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sour grapes? Messi criticises the defensive football tactics that saw Chelsea and Real Madrid best Barcelona this season

:dance: :dance: :getin: :getin: :D

http://www.mirror.co...-tactics-907852

"Today, teams are playing more statically, more for the final score than producing good football. For them, it's more important to win than to play well"

You play football to win, not to 'have fun'

If it wasn't so much about winning then why do so many managers get fired? even those like RDM (West brom) and 'Arry who played good football.

Sour grapes? Messi criticises the defensive football tactics that saw Chelsea and Real Madrid best Barcelona this season

LMAO If it was just about "fun", then why was he crying when we kicked his arse from the CL?! :lol:

"Today, teams are playing more statically, more for the final score than producing good football."

Unfortunately Messi, results are the one that goes down in the history books not playing style. Just extremely pissing off that people these days seem to forget that defending is part of football as well, not just playing offensively all the time! :rant:

"For them, it's more important to win than to play well. We need more players with passion coming up for the good of football."

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I can honestly say, like myself, MANY Chelsea fans would have cried after Drogba scored his penalty. Not only from the win, but because the game was so hard to watch. I felt extremely drained with emotion after watching it.. An unbelievable night that I will never forget. :cry:

Messi is an idiot if he doesn't recognise that tiki-taka is about as defensive a tactic as can be. The whole point of retaining the ball is to stop the other team from having opportunities to attack. Why not move it up the pitch more quickly and directly? That's attacking.

As i've been off today, ever since getting up i've just been watching a whole host of video's of us winning the UCL. Came across the penalty shootout from ze german point of view in 'their stadium'.

NEIN NEIN NEIN!! SCHEISSE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Rms5QgAVA&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL541DAB8EB941D169

"Bitte, Bitte, Ivica! Bitte, Bitte, Bitte".... and then there's an awkward silence

"Schweinsteiger mussen.... Schweinsteiger mussen. Bitte Schweini!!".... awkward silence.

"Scheisst Drogba! Du bist Scheisst! Drogba, Drogba, Drogba an den Zoo! Nein nein nein!".... and the biggest awkward silence of them all :lol:

That translates to:

"Please, please, Ivica!"

"Schweinsteiger must, Schweinsteiger must, please Schweini!"

"Fuck off Drogba! You're shit! You belong in a zoo! No, no, noooooooooo!"

They even tried insulting him in English :D

"Drogba du bist einen arsehole!"

Some of the reactions when Bayern players miss/Chelsea score from the Chelsea bench/centre circle are brilliant.

Those scenes will never get old. Incredible night.

Some of the reactions when Bayern players miss/Chelsea score from the Chelsea bench/centre circle are brilliant.

Those scenes will never get old. Incredible night.

I still watch the game and it´s just as exciting and goose-bumps material as it was watching the game live. Incredible scenes. I love it how in some sort of initial reaction the bench is jumping up and down after Petr saved Schweinsteigers pen.

Just came across this...

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/backofthenet/archive/2012/04/18/lionel-messi-thought-gary-cahill-was-just-a-turn-of-phrase.aspx

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has confessed in his pre-game press conference that he believed Chelsea defender Gary Cahill was a prepositional phrase rather than a functional centre-back.

In the build-up to Wednesday evening’s Champions League clash, Cahill has been vocal in his belief the Blues can upset Barça and his comments have deeply unsettled the La Liga giants’ camp.

“We were shocked to hear Cahill’s rallying call, not least because not one of us had heard of this man, Gary Cahill,” the Ballon d’Or winner told journalists.

“I asked Cesc [Fabregas] if he remembered him from the Premier League and he said he thought ‘Gary Cahill’ was just an English phrase," Messi explained. "You know, something like ‘with all due respect.’”

Over the last few days, reports from the Barcelona camp suggest that ‘Gary Cahill’ had entered into the players’ vernacular, playing an ungainly and obtrusive role in usually flowing sentences.

During an open training session wave after wave of promising attacks petered out in a crescendo of confused calls of ‘Now, Gary Cahill’, ‘Gary Cahill, first-time ball, Gary Cahill.’

“Of course I’m worried about Cahill,” Barcelona boss Josep Guardiola admitted. “He just has that ability to interfere with our play, especially on a syntactic level, but, Gary Cahill, we feel we have what it takes to get the result we need, Gary Cahill.”

There will be pressure on Guardiola to get pre-match preparations correct. He came under fire back in February following Barca’s shock defeat to an Osasuna side many of his players believed was a water park.

:rant:

• James changed the title to Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich
  • James pinned this topic
  • James unpinned this topic