BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maradona hails Chelsea:

“The unpredictability of football makes it the world's greatest sport,” Maradona told Times of India.

“Who could possibly have imagined that an interim coach, Roberto Di Matteo, who inherited an overage divided group of Chelsea players only a few months ago, would be lifting the Champions League trophy, defeating the heavily-favoured Bayern Munich squad playing at home?

“Who would have thought that 34-year-old Didier Drogba, benched by coach Andre Villas-Boas, would be the hero of the Champions League final, scoring the tying goal and then the final penalty kick to make all the dreams of rich owner Roman Abramovich come true?

“Tactics, humility and intelligence played a major role. Inheriting a divided and defeated team, Di Matteo first had to restore harmony in his dressing room.

“Above all, he instilled in his team a warrior spirit and character, getting the most out of his players by making the forwards defend and the midfielders attack.

“Chelsea were not the most talented team in the Champions League but they were certainly the team that wanted to win the most. Hats off to this group of veteran warriors,” he concluded.

Respect, unlike Cruyff

Chelsea's 87th minute corner is now a challenge in Fifa 12. You've got score a goal to tie and then go on to win the game (although it doesn't care if you win in 90, extra time, pens).

I'd hate to be a Bayern fan right now. "Sucks that we lost the final but at least I can relax with a game of fifa, maybe do a chall--SUNNOVA!" I can't imagine a single Bayern fan completing that challenge, lol.

Those who say that our victory was unjust/unfair/whatever are utter idiots who are embarrassing themselves. This is sport, not art. In sport, as in virtually every walk of life, guts, determination, resilience and industrious hard work always defeats flair, creativity, precision and technicality. Barcelona, Benfica and Bayern Munich weren't making a fucking sculpture or masterpiece that we decided to bulldoze, no, on the contrary, they were playing a sport with all the skills of an amateur team rather than a team that claimed to be the best in Europe. Fuck off Cruyff, de Boer, Blatter, Rummenigge et al, you know nothing and it is frankly an embarrassment that you achieved so much in the sport with that attitude. When your head is clearly as empty as a(an?) eunuch's underpants it is shocking that you managed to do as well as you did, a real damning indictment on the idiocy of modern humanity if people who are, to use the colloquialism, munted, can get to the pinnacle of humanity.

I only have one negative of the game and that was the fucking shit sbs commentary here in Australia, so happy I've recorded the espn commentary it's so much better.

I only have one negative of the game and that was the fucking shit sbs commentary here in Australia, so happy I've recorded the espn commentary it's so much better.

Vitor Sobral was atrocious. Always favoured "Ze Bosingwa", and wet his pants whenever "Wan Mata" got the ball.

Still makes me laugh how people go on how we didnt deserve to win due to being defensive and playing boring football.Somehow dont think our game play was to make sure netural fans were entertained...Did what worked and got something to show