Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

FROM A SPUDS FORUM:

"I know Mr Levy's and wobbly's relationship not good, hope Mr Levy now kicks him out. I think this will certainly set us back somewhat, unless there is some good business done, by bringing in one or two new players, and a new manager."

The problem is, if we lose Modric ( a certainty) and Bale (a possibility) bringing in one or two new players and a new manager isn't going to help us very much. A foreign manager would want Levy to spend a bundle and there's not much chance of that happening now.

Do you think this discussion ever took place:

Levy: "Do you fancy Llorente and Damiao in the transfer window, Harry?"

Harry: "Nah, Daniel. Save your money. I'll take Saha and Nelsen on loan instead."

The fact is EVERY manager (not just Harry) wants to see big players coming into the club. The other fact is we could never have afforded to buy Llorente or Damiao and can't afford their wages. We've never even paid £20 Million on a player.

I think the problem when you're supporting Spurs (for me) and every other Spurs supporter is that we "think" we're a BIG club. We all live in the PAST.

The reality is we're a top 6 or 7 side, that's all. I'm constantly reminded this by other supporters outside the top four (Fulham, QPR, Everton etc.,)

They say things like: "You Spuds are in cloud cuckoo land if you think you're big. When did you last win the league?" Er.....Actually, 1961.

When did we last win a cup of any real note? Er.......Actually, under Terry Venables.

We all go on about the Gooners not winning anything for 7 years, but when have they been out of the top 4? I remember one year they went through the league UNBEATEN. Have we got players with the mental strength to achieve that?

I've just watched Chelsea play defensively against Barcelona and Bayern Munich yet still WIN. Have we got the players with the mental strength to achieve that?

The truth is, (however much it hurts) we're NOT a BIG side. Have we got the POTENTIAL to become a big side? Answer: Yes, we have, but it is by no means guaranteed.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of criticism of Harry, Levy, the players and everyone else, is that if you had said to 8 out of 10 Spurs supporters this: "Would you be happy with a top 4 place?" then they would have all answered YES.

Well, that's what we got. The fact that we didn't qualify for the CL this year because of the rules is our hard luck.

Just take a look at our league position. We were TWENTY POINTS adrift from the Manchester clubs. There's nothing big about that.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FROM A SPUDS FORUM:

"I know Mr Levy's and wobbly's relationship not good, hope Mr Levy now kicks him out. I think this will certainly set us back somewhat, unless there is some good business done, by bringing in one or two new players, and a new manager."

The problem is, if we lose Modric ( a certainty) and Bale (a possibility) bringing in one or two new players and a new manager isn't going to help us very much. A foreign manager would want Levy to spend a bundle and there's not much chance of that happening now.

Harry: "Nah, Daniel. Save your money. I'll take Saha and Nelsen on loan instead."

The fact is EVERY manager (not just Harry) wants to see big players coming into the club. The other fact is we could never have afforded to buy Llorente or Damiao and can't afford their wages. We've never even paid £20 Million on a player.

I think the problem when you're supporting Spurs (for me) and every other Spurs supporter is that we "think" we're a BIG club. We all live in the PAST.

The reality is we're a top 6 or 7 side, that's all. I'm constantly reminded this by other supporters outside the top four (Fulham, QPR, Everton etc.,)

They say things like: "You Spuds are in cloud cuckoo land if you think you're big. When did you last win the league?" Er.....Actually, 1961.

When did we last win a cup of any real note? Er.......Actually, under Terry Venables.

We all go on about the Gooners not winning anything for 7 years, but when have they been out of the top 4? I remember one year they went through the league UNBEATEN. Have we got players with the mental strength to achieve that?

I've just watched Chelsea play defensively against Barcelona and Bayern Munich yet still WIN. Have we got the players with the mental strength to achieve that?

The truth is, (however much it hurts) we're NOT a BIG side. Have we got the POTENTIAL to become a big side? Answer: Yes, we have, but it is by no means guaranteed.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of criticism of Harry, Levy, the players and everyone else, is that if you had said to 8 out of 10 Spurs supporters this: "Would you be happy with a top 4 place?" then they would have all answered YES.

Well, that's what we got. The fact that we didn't qualify for the CL this year because of the rules is our hard luck.

Just take a look at our league position. We were TWENTY POINTS adrift from the Manchester clubs. There's nothing big about that.

Wonderful :lol:

FROM A SPUDS FORUM:

My god, a sensible Spurs fan AND a Liverpool fan posted on this topic in the last 24 hours. What is this world coming to? :o

My god, a sensible Spurs fan AND a Liverpool fan posted on this topic in the last 24 hours. What is this world coming to? :o

Haha, I'm a Chelsea supporter, man.

Just browsing a Spuds forum for a good laugh.

Haha, I'm a Chelsea supporter, man.

Just browsing a Spuds forum for a good laugh.

Yeah of course but I meant the guy who originally posted that on the Spuds forum. And earlier someone posted some quotes from RAWK and there was some scouser telling his buddies they're not a big club anymore and they shouldn't be bitter about our success this year. :o

Take a look at what Luiz has said

“I was nervous about my leg. I’ve played injured. I was out for 35 days and came back to training.

“But two days ago I had a bad pain again in my hamstring and it meant that maybe I wasn’t going to be fit to play in the game.

“On Friday I had to have a fitness test to see if I could play but even in the game, after 20 minutes I could feel it again, feel it bad.

“But I told myself I was not going to let it make me come off. I said, ‘I have worked all my life for this, this was the dream I had as a kid, to play in this game’.

“So I told myself I would play with my heart. I did not need to play with my body when my heart was strong.

“And now I have the reward. We won the Champions League.”

Luiz added that he viewed his penalty as the chance for personal redemption. “I remember I missed a penalty in Genk at the group stage,” he said.

“Missing it and thinking about it was something that kept me awake for a few days. It was not nice.

“I knew in the shoot-out I had an opportunity to put everything right, to score one that people, all the fans, would remember.

“I am glad I did what I intended to do and scored.

“So I just did what I always do in training, had faith in myself and what I was going to do. I’ve always taken them that way.”

This is the makings of a true chelsea legend, and just shows our never say die attitude. Never been so proud of supporting this football club, 4 suspensions, injuries on the pitch and we still proved everyone wrong

Sick of all these ignorant fans giving us no credit, David Luiz was part injured but still went on like that, Cahill made a remarkable recovery but still not match fit but played 120 minutes anyway.

Sick and tired of it, we never get any credit at all, it's just we parked the bus and played awful football and it's the most undeserved win ever.

If we had won controversially with referee decisions going our way what changed the game, then yes it would of been controversial, but that never happened did it.

Spuds had that all over their boards leading up to the final. Priceless :lol:

blimey i knew they wanted Bayern to win but that i just have no words for it.

Take a look at what Luiz has said

“I was nervous about my leg. I’ve played injured. I was out for 35 days and came back to training.

“But two days ago I had a bad pain again in my hamstring and it meant that maybe I wasn’t going to be fit to play in the game.

“On Friday I had to have a fitness test to see if I could play but even in the game, after 20 minutes I could feel it again, feel it bad.

“But I told myself I was not going to let it make me come off. I said, ‘I have worked all my life for this, this was the dream I had as a kid, to play in this game’.

“So I told myself I would play with my heart. I did not need to play with my body when my heart was strong.

“And now I have the reward. We won the Champions League.”

Luiz added that he viewed his penalty as the chance for personal redemption. “I remember I missed a penalty in Genk at the group stage,” he said.

“Missing it and thinking about it was something that kept me awake for a few days. It was not nice.

“I knew in the shoot-out I had an opportunity to put everything right, to score one that people, all the fans, would remember.

“I am glad I did what I intended to do and scored.

“So I just did what I always do in training, had faith in myself and what I was going to do. I’ve always taken them that way.”

This is the makings of a true chelsea legend, and just shows our never say die attitude. Never been so proud of supporting this football club, 4 suspensions, injuries on the pitch and we still proved everyone wrong

Wow what a hero. You could tell early on he wasn't fully fit to play, but to play 90 minutes plus extra time & take a penalty & score takes a lot of mental strength. Hats off to him.

If we had won controversially with referee decisions going our way what changed the game, then yes it would of been controversial, but that never happened did it.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, and it's a positive thing actually. The referee did a good job. Generally refereeing throughout the whole campaign in our games was decent, no big controversy at all (except for the suspensions to Ivan and Rami, which were semi-justified). It seems this season they weren't rigged after all.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, and it's a positive thing actually. The referee did a good job.

I agree with you generally. However, that was a soft pen on Ribery. If the ref applied the same criteria, a pen should've called for Boateng's contact on Nando. But yes, by and large good refereeing throughout the final and the tournament.