Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing that by the end of 2012 we might just add 3 MORE trophies, 2 of which we've never won. Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

We won the super cup in 1998 with a certain RDM in the squad ;)

0,,10268~8805604,00.jpg

Lampard, part of the previous eight failed attempts to win the Champions League, added: "It's the best footballing night of my life - the hour we spent on the pitch with the fans afterwards.

"I've been here 11 years and I've been waiting for this baby for a long time. I'm pleased we haven't won it before, because it feels even more special.

"That might sound stupid but, to wait so long and to do it the way we did with the season we've had, the spirit in the team - amazing."

An interesting point but he is bloody right!

I know we've had a "meh" season when it comes to the league, but really, this is our greatest season ever.

So, with that said - Do you guys think the value on some of our players will have gone up?

Kalou for example - Chelsea haven't lost when he's played this season, and he's also won the Champions League and F.A. Cup this season. Surely in today's market that should put him at around £13-16mil, regardless of his talent. I'm sure Malaga or PSG would be happy to cough that up for him.

Agree with Lamps that did feel special.The way we won it...pens against Germans in their ground special...Being the only English side pretty damn early on...getting past Barca with 10 and the whole Napoli drama and the way we got through each game.

Defintly special this season in whats been a really crazy season! and still feels weird to say we are Champions of Europe..and the first London club :D