The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

This away goals rule is utter Bullshit. Going out of a competition without losing a match is unfair. Two draws should warrant extra time and penalties. Or simply fuck this replay BS and have every round one match on a neutral venue.

Ashamed is a strong word but i do think our exit was worse then Arsenal's. Atleast they put up a fight.

We were worse then PSG in both games. Especially in the second leg. 11 vs 10 at home and we were completely dominated by PSG.

Do agree with you that Arsenal shouldn't be complimented on their performance. They should have always beaten this Monaco side.

I feel bad about our exit because we had it in our hands and couldn't see it out. If were that much worse than them in both games and still managed to only go out on away goals and through 2 late goals then we were doing at least something right in managing the game.

PSG are an excellent side with a lot more quality than Monaco. And "completely dominated" is a huge exaggeration, imo. We played poorly and didn't press our advantage but PSG were not dominating. They had 10 minutes in the second half were they managed to press us back and keep the ball, but other than that they relied on set pieces they got from counters. You forget that we more than matched them in the first half in Paris and were on top in the first half at the bridge even before the sending off.

We should be disappointed, but we have nothing too be ashamed of. It's not like we lost 3-1 at home to a team like Monaco!

I feel bad about our exit because we had it in our hands and couldn't see it out. If were that much worse than them in both games and still managed to only go out on away goals and through 2 late goals then we were doing at least something right in managing the game.

PSG are an excellent side with a lot more quality than Monaco. And "completely dominated" is a huge exaggeration, imo. We played poorly and didn't press our advantage but PSG were not dominating. They had 10 minutes in the second half were they managed to press us back and keep the ball, but other than that they relied on set pieces they got from counters. You forget that we more than matched them in the first half in Paris and were on top in the first half at the bridge even before the sending off.

We should be disappointed, but we have nothing too be ashamed of. It's not like we lost 3-1 at home to a team like Monaco!

Come on. We were very fortunate to get away with a 1-1 from Paris and i wouldn't exactly classify drawing at home against 10 men as "doing something right in managing the game."

Sorry but giving our team any kind of credit for almost getting away with 2 narrow leads, against ten men, sounds ridiculous to me.

Completely might have been an exaggeration but we were dominated by PSG. First half in PSG we were equal but that second half they dominated us and we were lucky to get away with a draw there.

At home we played well for the first 30 minutes and were the better team but after the red card it was all PSG. We didn't create anything and our 2 goals came from a set piece and a penalty.

They had the best chances to win. Cavani hitting the post. When you were watching the game it looked like we were the ones that were down a man.

It's also not like we won 2-0 away from home.

Come on. We were very fortunate to get away with a 1-1 from Paris and i wouldn't exactly classify drawing at home against 10 men as "doing something right in managing the game."

Sorry but giving our team any kind of credit for almost getting away with 2 narrow leads, against ten men, sounds ridiculous to me.

Completely might have been an exaggeration but we were dominated by PSG. First half in PSG we were equal but that second half they dominated us and we were lucky to get away with a draw there.

At home we played well for the first 30 minutes and were the better team but after the red card it was all PSG. We didn't create anything and our 2 goals came from a set piece and a penalty.

They had the best chances to win. Cavani hitting the post. When you were watching the game it looked like we were the ones that were down a man.

It's also not like we won 2-0 away from home.

That's not very far from what I wrote, so how is that "shameful" or worse than losing 3-1 at home to Monaco?

City will get destroyed omg. English teams are too bad and then they face top 3 club.

7:0 barcelona

They have nothing to play for now and no pressure.

I don't like those combinations, crazy things can happen...