The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Good try by Arsenal.

Monaco were very disappointing. They did well for the first 10-15 min, but they just stopped playing after that. Every time they had the chance to break forward, they would just slow down and pass it sideways. That went on until the 60' min. Very strange since they kept losing the ball anyway and they didn't even pack 10 men in front of the box.

After that they tried to go for goal again but they couldn't. Berbatov was drained and their midfielders were tired. Dirar and Martial were poor.

Very strange game Monaco played but they're through. No one expected that to happen. They won't make it past the quarter finals like this though.

So, apparently, Arsenal are "unlucky to go out due to the ridiculous away goal rule that needs changing" while we "deserved to get knocked out because we drew at home"! :lol:

Do British pundits and journos even read/listen to what they write/say?!

gooners able to go out with heads held high ... much more than we could do

We went out of the competition without losing a single match in it and to a much better team than Monaco.

Lol its brilliant. Giving them hope and then pulling it away last minute. FUCKING LOVING IT!

Not a big loss for them, because they will win the league if you listen to their fans.

Then when they dont win the league, they will ask for Wengers head.

Rinse and repeat.

did you feel proud of the way we played // I DIDNT but I bet the gooner fans did

Lol we both got knocked out. Why would they feel pride when they gave the tie away at home? Did you even watch the first leg? Was worse then either of our performances against a better side.

So what's the stats on those coefficient?

Are we losing the top 4 trophy next season?

No. There was an article recently that showed how it worked. England like 5 points ahead of Italy. Or something. They can't catch up, even if an Italian club win the CL and EL.

Edit: here's the article. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9755210/premier-league-to-lose-champions-league-spot-coefficients-explained

Lol we both got knocked out. Why would they feel pride when they gave the tie away at home? Did you even watch the first leg? Was worse then either of our performances against a better side.

I watched both .. I was commenting on their performance tonight .. do you have to preface every comment with LOL ??

did you feel proud of the way we played // I DIDNT but I bet the gooner fans did

I wasn't happy but I was by no means embarrassed, we were twice a few minutes away from going through.

The majority of Arsenal fans I'm seeing right now are very far from proud. They remember that the reason that 2-0 away was not enough is that they got humiliated 3-1 at home to one of the worst remaining teams in the CL.