• (SUB) Malouda
    • (SUB) Torres

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Di Matteo - We deserved it

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7676262/Di-Matteo-We-deserved-it

Di Matteo may have to do without defender David Luiz for the Barca game after he was carried off on a stretcher.

The Chelseaspacer.gif boss added: "He picked up a hamstring injury so we'll have to assess him, but it looks to be doubtful at the moment for the next game."

Stunning display. We started the game well, our passing was controlled and we looked fairly secure, Spurs came into the game but it was Drogba's wonder-goal that changed the whole match. It deflated Spurs and we came out in the second half buzzing. Ok granted we were lucky to be awarded the ghost goal though Bale's quick response turned the momentum in their favour but credit to the lads, they didn't cave in, infact quite the opposite, they came out fighting and caught Spurs perfectly on the counter. All in all it was a powerful performance and we more than deserved the victory on the day.

Some standout performances. Gary Cahill did very well when he came on, John Terry was superb at the back, Mikel and Lampard surprisingly looked the best midfield duo on the day (over Parker and Modric), Ramires and Kalou were brilliant outlets on the counter and both played a vital role in keeping tabs on Spurs flying wingers, Mata was terrific, as the game wore on, he found more space and his sublime pass to Ramires clinched the game for us, the lad is an absolute class act.

But my pick for MOTM is Didier Drogba. In big games, when things are tight and you need somebody to make the difference, somebody to make something out of nothing to spark your team into life and drive them on to victory, you need a special kind of player, a big game player and Didier Drogba is a big game player. Rolling back the years, the 34 year old Ivorian powerhouse bullied, tormented and wrecked havoc on the Spurs backline. A superhuman force both in the Spurs box and in ours, Didier grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. His opening goal was one for his highlight reel, it will rank up there with the best of his goals, a vintage Drogba goal, it's just a long ball down the pitch from Lampard, Drogba's back to goal, Gallas tight on him, but a spin, a touch and a blistering left footed volley into the near post of the Spur's goal, Drogba making something of nothing, as he has been doing for years, another Wembley goal for Drogba and one that set us up to win the game today. I wasn't around to see the great Chelsea teams of the past play, and I was quite young when Zola was in his pomp in a Chelsea jersey but for me, I cant remember a better Chelsea player than Didier Drogba, that's purely my opinion but he has been Chelsea's great player now for quite a few years and if this is his last hurrah then what a great hurrah it is.

I can't believe what our fans did in the minute silence that was disgusting.

It was only a few but they bring shame upon the rest of us unfortunately. Doesn't matter what you think of Liverpool just keep quiet for 60 seconds ffs.

The boos at the end were for the idiots not the silence itself btw.

I just got back from Wembley and i have to say that was the best football match I've ever been to! What a day! The only sour note was having to pay £30 for a parking space and the dickheads who shouted out in the minute of silence and boo'd but apart from that our fans were excellent and so was our team. I know Drogba was a beast today but Mata was my man of the match, he was fucking Godly. Also Kalou's tracking back and defensive work from where i was standing was outstanding so salute you sir! I'm shagged so a beer and few games on Fifa shall relax the brain!

5-1 ... 5 fucking 1. Have that ya yid bastards!

Trying to remember the last time Malouda scored (before this game) lol.

Scored the winning goal in 2-1 victory over WBA in August, second round of the season.

"We looked too open after that and they picked us off. It was key." - Redknapp (Blaming the second goal for his side's defeat)

This confirms to me Harry Redknapp is a terrible tactician. It was actually 2-1 almost straight away and had he been a tad bit smarter they could've turned the deficit around. His biggest mistake was taking of Van Der Vaart, thus leaving only the 4 in midfield which allowed us the exploit them in the middle.

If he's left him on and actually carried on with the same tactics they would have beaten us. Bale was causing a problem, if Harry was smart he would've realised VdV and Bale could do some real damage on the right by feeding ball after ball into Adebayor.

Because he took of VdV 5purs spent the next 30minutes chasing us while we kept the ball, absorbed and countered. The room they left Mata, by taking of the Dutchman, allowed him to feed in Ramires and then it was game over.

Furthermore they should've used the fact David Luiz went off to attack us even deeper. Although Cahill is still more than capable he should've saw there was a weakness in us having to readjust with Cahill introduced into the fray but once again old 'Arry failed to look beyond the referee and forgot his side were well in the game. If the game ended 2-1 then by all means blame the referee, but we won by 3 more goals than that.

The fact 'Arry, the Media and everyone else in football fails to recognise this shows me everything I need to about this country's attitude towards Chelsea. We're in the FA Cup Final, the Champions League Semi-Final and well in contention for fourth, but we're finding no acknowledgement for this. If we were Liverpool they'd say King Kenny is a hero, Luis Suarez is on par with Messi etc.

I just got home from Wembley, wow, what a day and what a result.

Firstly, who cares about the ghost goal, we won 5-1 and if the 2nd shouldn't have been given that's even sweeter, fuck the spurs.

We were as good as Tottenham were bad, Drogba, Terry and Ramires were awesome today.

I would also like to add that I heard the chanting of 'hooligans hooligans hooligans' during the minutes silence and I'm disgusted and embarrassed that it came from the Chelsea end, it was of course a minority and I hope they feel ashamed of themselves.

All in all it was a great day, made even better after 2 female Yids were thrown out for giving me abuse for celebrating Drogba's cracker, I was in the club wembley section of the ground just a few seats in from the segregation between us and the start of the Tottenham fans and these 2 munters were throwing loads of stick my way about Chelsea fans being wankers, about us buying success and so on, I think it wound them up when I screamed in delight in their direction when Rambo got his goal, so much so that the stewards removed them much to the delight of myself and those around me, it was made sweeter as I gave them a cheerio

Best thing for me today was RDM's smile after each goal.......priceless

BTW does anyone have a pict of RDM & EN slapping hands late in the match??? That was Epic...Two CFC Legends gloating...If CFC beats barfa on Weds I say give RDM the job!!!