• Drogba
    • (SUB) Torres
    • (SUB) Mikel
    • (SUB) Kalou

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at the lineup and see Drogba, Malouda and Essien, players who haven't started that many games or even played much altogether as of late. Now you would expect these guys to put in an effort for at least two reasons: 1. To prove themselves worthy of a place in the starting XI or in the team even. 2. No fatigue issues from playing too much like others, e.g. Mata.

Drogba wasn't awful in all honestly but I mean besides coming somewhat close to scoring 3-4 times what else does he do? Out of all the chances I believe he created one for himself (shot in 1st half), the others were supplied to him. He's always messing about hugging opposition players and such and rarely if ever backtracks in the latter parts of the game, very frustrating to watch considering the state we've been in this season.

Malouda I'm sorry you got your chance today and didn't try hard enough because you HAVE to be better than that. Also please drop the attitude for once..

Essien? Mostly invisible throughout the game. Doesn't contribute enough going forward or defending really...Sad to see he's no longer fit enough to be the hard worker he once was, often appears exhausted.

Great Win! 3 points behind spurs and probably will be 2 points behind arsenal tomorrow...... Just what i was hoping for....

That Torres volley shows how far he has come in terms of confidence.... great shot!!

I was really happy when the crowd booed sturridge when he thought he can play god and shoot from anywhere.... public shows of dissatisfaction and anger is what he needs.... Then he can either decide to change or leave.

Essien is over. We were so weak with our starting line up, it was unbelievable, Essien and Malouda were a complete waste..... theyre done!!

RDM has everything going for him.... players dont feel sorry for themselves late on in games when we let a lead slip and instead bomb on and try to score the winner....

Next to Fulham, and hopefully a 2 goal lead by the 80th minute.... these 1 goal leads make me too nervous.

KTBFFH!

Listen Ive seen plenty of our lot smiling and laughing when things have been going less than well for us so no need to be rounding on ess for that. People have to realise that most players do not take this as seriously or feel the hurt as much as us supporters do.

Listen Ive seen plenty of our lot smiling and laughing when things have been going less than well for us so no need to be rounding on ess for that. People have to realise that most players do not take this as seriously or feel the hurt as much as us supporters do.

Plus he is always smiling.

He is a cool guy. People just read in it too deep.

He can smile as much as he wants as long as we are in champions league next year, he is putting all his effort into game and he plays like beast. Not when he plays like shit.

Let's be honest, Torres isn't the "turn the game around" impact sub type, in fact he rarely does well if he doesn't start the match. So under those circumstances he did relatively well, I noted a slight but definite change after he had come on, in a positive way.

Also we need to stop relying on our defenders to win games for us. I'm happy enough my confidence is restored in our back four (in relation to how things were just a few months ago) but we can't expect them to be our main goalscorers too. :lol:

This was a repeat of the game vs Wigan under Hiddink...

And we all know what happened under Hinddink................ maybe we could do one better, someone on hear has already said about the mirror image of Hinddinks spell !!!!!!!!!! lets hope !!!! CAREFREE

cech - 6 - could have positioned himself better for the goal

defence - 6 - quite shaky without JT. bertrand ws immense after struggling initially with moses.

midfield - 4 - piss poor. wigan were driving forward, bypassing the midfield far too easily. mata was irresistable though

attack - 5 - missed few sitters. kalou, sturridge and drogba had decent chances to kill the game off. torres, apart from a couple of slips, was very slick

gr8 result for the team that was picked although the performance was forgettable.

worst player - essien. conceded so many fouls and guilty of not tracking back often.

best player - bertrand? maybe. but mata was absolutely gr8 at CAM. On to Fulham now. Good weekend ahead

cech - 6 - could have positioned himself better for the goal

Not too sure about that. He was pretty much standing in the normal GK's central position. Diame hit his shot with pace and power and doubt Cech would have been able to save it anyway.

And the whole Nasri thing... come on they are all pro footballers... i think that is one big conspiracy to think that Essien is out to get the club who he plays for !!!! come on !!