• Drogba
    • (SUB) Torres
    • (SUB) David Luiz
    • (SUB) Kalou

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not mind Chiek, he is not bad, likewise Ba. Plus if we don't get into CL I don't think they will care too much.

What ever happen to M'Vila?

Tiote in my opinion is the best DM in this league, i've watched him play and i just think he's brilliant, his tackling is almost perfection, also a right place right time player, breathes down your neck etc, he would be great for us, he does a good job protecting the back 4 as well. Last season that's all he could do, he couldn't pass very well, poor on the ball, but this season he's improved really good, he can now pass a ball and has been very good. He's also a big game player that's what i like about him. When he was injured Newcastle started losing, and they were really struggling without him, even without him on the African cup of nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51h9GM6sHSo

Sure you could get players like M'Villa, but for how much exactly?,

Tiote is like 25, still improving and we could get him for much cheaper than M'Vila, i haven't seen enough of M'Vila to compare however.

Tiote in my opinion is the best DM in this league, i've watched him play and i just think he's brilliant, his tackling is almost perfection, also a right place right time player, breathes down your neck etc, he would be great for us, he does a good job protecting the back 4 as well. Last season that's all he could do, he couldn't pass very well, poor on the ball, but this season he's improved really good, he can now pass a ball and has been very good. He's also a big game player that's what i like about him. When he was injured Newcastle started losing, and they were really struggling without him, even without him on the African cup of nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51h9GM6sHSo

Sure you could get players like M'Villa, but for how much exactly?,

Tiote is like 25, still improving and we could get him for much cheaper than M'Vila, i haven't seen enough of M'Vila to compare however.

Yeah he is a top dog.

And you have a point he will be a cheaper buy then M'Vila plus he is already adjusted to the PL.

However didn't he sign a new contract last year?

That might bring up his price or his clause. Does he even has a release clause?

But I def like him. I would sell Essien and Mikel. Mikel said Anzhi wanted him...then sell him. And Essien where ever they want him.

Tiote and Romeu would be a much better DM for our new team we are trying to build.

Yeah he is a top dog.

And you have a point he will be a cheaper buy then M'Vila plus he is already adjusted to the PL.

However didn't he sign a new contract last year?

That might bring up his price or his clause. Does he even has a release clause?

But I def like him. I would sell Essien and Mikel. Mikel said Anzhi wanted him...then sell him. And Essien where ever they want him.

Tiote and Romeu would be a much better DM for our new team we are trying to build.

Mikel has to go, i don't think we will ever have a place for him here, it's best to sell him now where we can get a good amount of money for him, before it's to late. Tiote did sign a contract that's why i'm not as confident now, i was buzzing over him earlier in the season, because we probably could of gotten him for about 8 million, but now he could be about 12 or 13 million possibly a bit more, but you know Mike Ashley, all he wants is money, if we made a final offer with a good amount such a 13 million i'm sure he would accept, it's not like he cares about the future of the club is it. He's done it time and time again, he would of accepted a 20 million offer for Carroll, Liverpool offered 35 million straight away i think without trying to dictate the price. Where as M'Vila is highly rated and with the french teams milking, they will be after over 20 million in my honest opinion, considering how young he is aswell.

can't wait for next season tbh

we have so many players who either are not good enough to play in a team with our ambitions or simply doesnt work hard enough (or in some cases both). sadly the necessary changes in our squad werent made in the summer or winter and therefore we're paying the piper. a manager like Ferguson or the squad depth of Man City wouldnt even have gotten us in the top 3 this season

There were 2 positives today:

1) We didn't lose

2) Gary Cahill (Like i've stated all along. Future Chelsea captain, he is right now the best English CB bar none)

The performance, considering how much was at stake was absolute shit. Unimaginative, blunt, uninspiring, slow, weak, pathetic, just like this whole season has been. UCL is only a dream for next season now. I hope we come 6th now, let Newcastle come 5th and get the pointless extra games and let Benfica KO us out of the UCL, that would be a god-send because Barca would fucking hammer us and i don't want to see that. Just get the FA Cup and start again. Shambles.

Can't wait for Bosingwa, Mikel, Kalou, Malouda and Ashley Cole to leave, seriously. We need the revamp of all revamps.

was the game really that bad?

The first half was very tactical (some people would say boring, but I personally like this style of play) with a few chances 'half-chances' falling our way and single chance for Tottenham at the end after essien and Bosingwa switched off but cech and cole made two consecutive unbelievable saves. But overall, Tottenham seemed happy to just park the bus.

The second half was quite the opposite. The game just opened up while the midfield players of both sides were all over the place but both sides lacked the quality to score. It was no where near good attacking from football from either squad but rather 22 individuals running about without intent or a master plan. We should have had a pen when Ekotto to out Ramires in the pen area in a quick counter; Mata's FK hit the post then Bale hit the bar with header and Cahil salvaged a point for us with an amazing tackle after Adebayor got past cech. (Kylehimself posted a gif of the tackle in the previous page if you want to see it)

In the end both teams seemed content with the draw which is understandable in Tottenham's case but shocking from our players.

I had to follow the match on twitter because I'm at work, and @blueschronicle said "

Pigeon watch: two flying around the Matthew Harding End. Far more entertaining than anything on the pitch.

was the game really that bad?

Aye. It's like all of the players were dragged on to the pitch to play a friendly game at 40 degrees...ran a bit, passed a bit and it ended...

tactics blah blah, but I bored my ass of. Oh well, at least we didn't lose.

Bar Cech, Cahill and Terry, everyone was awful today...the day we desperately needed a win we play like that!

Why does Drogba keep getting preferred to Torres? We can't keep waiting for him to have a bloody brilliant game one every ten matches and the rest playing abysmal in. But is it really surprising we played like this today...a lot of those players know they may not be there next season and they played like it - what do they care if the club isn't playing in the Champions League next season if they're not going to be here! We need to see if Torres can be our main striker for NEXT SEASON now, not in August otherwise we could have another barren season next time round!

I can bet your bottom dollar the likes of Drogba, Lampard, etc will put a better shift in come the Champions League or FA Cup because they're trophies for this year to compete in...but do they deserve that right when producing gutless performances like the one today.

And Mata has been brilliant this season, one of the few shining lights but he looks tired. When he's marked out of the game like today we have nothing within our squad to create anything, the little magician needs help badly next season!

a lot of those players know they may not be there next season and they played like it - what do they care if the club isn't playing in the Champions League next season if they're not going to be here!

this was the trend under AVB too. Are they back to this behaviour?

Ive just read what everyone has been saying and i have to be honest and think everyone is over reacting. Its going to be tough granted but its not impossible, it could still be done. BUT if we dont finish in the top 4 no UCL next season i dont think it will be such a bad thing, it will bring more hunger and determination back what we was watching before, pre roman, and early years of roman. I went to Rome in 2008 when we got spanked by roma after spanking sunderland 7 and we was speaking then that it was a wake up call and this season has been exactly that with last season showing the cracks. Either way if we finish top 4 or not the squad will get over hauled, and we are still in a strong position to sign better players, as other people have said when city was building there project, we will be building our next project, roman will not walk not a chance, i think he has alot more pride than that. I think CFC as a whole inc MOST fans we have taken UCL for granted for way too long now, and maybe a season out will do us good, bring in a strong manager, one possibley two NATURAL wingers sure up the midfield, i can see an overhaul in the summer, but not a masssive one.

Today was a poor game someone made the point that spurs set up for a point and it seemed like they knew they could turn the screw and possibly get the win and it was painful to watch at times. at least we didnt lose, 5 points behind spurs are on the rocks, i can see us in the top 4 this season, and it not getting over looked in the summer the problems we have.

CAREFREE there is always next season UP THE CHELS ..............................

I'm surprised Frank didn't get any vote for MOTM. I thought he had one of his best performances this season. He controlled the tempo of the game in the first half and was crucial to our dominating the play. In the second half, he was really the only one that showed any intent going forward whilst everyone else seemed to had lost the plot. He played some excellent balls behind the Tottenham defense throughout the game and a couple almost paid off.

Though he was overshadowed by both Cahil and Cech, he deserves some mention for his performance today, imo.

I'm surprised Frank didn't get any vote for MOTM. I thought he had one of his best performances this season. He controlled the tempo of the game in the first half and was crucial to our dominating the play. In the second half, he was really the only one that showed any intent going forward whilst everyone else seemed to had lost the plot. He played some excellent balls behind the Tottenham defense throughout the game and a couple almost paid off.

Though he was overshadowed by both Cahil and Cech, he deserves some mention for his performance today, imo.

Are you joking? I love Lamps, absolute legend, but he was abysmal - slow and off the pace, an unfortunate trend to his play this season. I don't doubt his commitment to the club but he hasn't got the legs anymore in a midfield which has always been built to accomodate his box to box runs. He's a shadow of the player 2 seasons ago and has been since he had that long stretch out injured last season unfortunately.

Are you joking? I love Lamps, absolute legend, but he was abysmal - slow and off the pace, an unfortunate trend to his play this season. I don't doubt his commitment to the club but he hasn't got the legs anymore in a midfield which has always been built to accomodate his box to box runs. He's a shadow of the player 2 seasons ago and has been since he had that long stretch out injured last season unfortunately.

I have to disagree.

Slow is not always bad. In the second half, our players looked like head-less chickens most of the time, someone needed to slow down, keep position and play a decent pass for a change and Lamps tried to do that. He also defended well and always made himself available to receive a pass. And most importantly he was still trying in the attack when others seemed to have given up. I really don't see much wrong with Frank's performance today.

Other than our defenders and goalie everyone else played rubbish. Mata looks like he might need a rest. Sturridge wasnt as selfish, probably because he was on the left wing thus he couldnt cut across the goal and shoot with his left. Ramires is terrible on the wing. Lampard was ok but Essien had a terrible game. Torres and Drogba should have played together. At the end of the day is was a must win game.