• Drogba
    • (SUB) Torres
    • (SUB) David Luiz
    • (SUB) Kalou

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this game and every game that is going to come this season.

The writing is on the wall. No top 4. Thats OK. We will try again next season and will probably have a go at the title but make top 4 for sure.

GOT HEADPHONES? OR A BANGING MUSIC SYSTEM?

PLAY THIS SONG AND YOU WILL REALISE THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO ENJOY IN LIFE, even when things are not going as you like!

1 MIN ONWARDS.

Don't get why everyone is so pessimistic about this result. We have had a shocking season with our worst squad for over 10 years but we got a draw with Spurs who have probably their best squad for 30 years and they still haven't beaten us at Stamford Bridge during the PL era.

Don't get why everyone is so pessimistic about this result. We have had a shocking season with our worst squad for over 10 years but we got a draw with Spurs who have probably their best squad for 30 years and they still haven't beaten us at Stamford Bridge during the PL era.

Agree w/ you on that. Not sure why Supa Frank didn't get that PK call his way & if that Mata FK goes in, everyone will be all happy & in jubilation. Gotta admit though, to get the draw CFC was a bit lucky. spudz hit the crossbar in both halfs. Bale did have his way w/ Bos & if it wasn't for Cahill spudz would have won. That tackle by GC on Adebayor was freakin' class.

Disappointing match. I think we still have a shot at CL qualification however. Spurs are not exactly that far ahead, and we play Arsenal head to head. If we beat Arsenal, which is definitely within our abilities to do, things will quickly turn around. They still have a match against City (should be an L for Arse), if we hold serve in the meantime suddenly the gap becomes a mere 2 points. With 6 other matches still to be played.

There is still hope!

The only thing that worries me is our brutal schedule. I honestly don't see us beating any of Barca/Real/even Bayern, so a relatively quick CL exit may be a blessing in disguise.

Lampard was good today, people love to hate.

The funny thing is Mata played poor yet people are reluctant to admit it.

I far from hate Lampard, but I don't see where he played well today. Games seem to bypass him much more often these days and he doesn't have the legs in the middle of the park anymore to play (1) at full intensity for 90 minutes and (2) play 2-3 games in a week. Case in point was against Man City in the 85th minute he didn't have the legs to track Nasri's run for the goal, he just watched him run in behind. I just feel when he plays with Essien in the midfield, what was once part of the strongest midfield in the league now makes us look ponderous and weak.

Can he adapt his game to play a deeper role for us á la Scholes at United. Maybe? But could he do that deeper role any better than Mikel or Romeu, both of whom have many more years within them? And I can hazard a guess Scholes earns nowhere near the £150k per week Lampard earns at Chelsea.

Mata was poor today, and he looks tired and in need of a rest. Problem is we have nobody else anywhere near his level of creativity in our squad.

Holy crap! The comments are really cutting in some areas. AVB is gone and what did you expect? I have no idea how long some of you have followed CFC? I bet that a while ago no one would have picked CFC to win back to back titles, FA CUPS. So supporting a club to me is grinding out the hard times. They have played a lot of games over the last week. Napoli then an FA cup tie. Man city then Tottenham, know we have Benfica. We do not exactly have the resources in the team. Players get tired. this season was always going to be nasty. So put some faith in the club itself.Champions league qualification is not a pre-requisite to joining a club. When Chelsea started to become contenders under Ruud, Vialli where they playing Champions league? Whoever Mangers CFC next season will have his consortium of players. Let this season ride out and let Roman and the Board do their job. I am sure things will work out. Chelsea is too good a club to lose status.

Some of you dont even realize what the damages this will do to the future of the club, yet i see joking and laughing abroad

We are becoming closer and closer becoming like Liverpool, no attraction, signing average players, our world prestige down the drain...

We're finished

Semia I have come across you before in another forum. Your attitude stinks mate. Mr Negative.

Just woke up, I had to stay up to 2am to watch this game. Cahill was superb and Cech was great. There really isn't much more I can say. Although I am liking Torres effort in these past games when he makes an appearance I think the presence of him out there is helping, he is in much better form.

No matter what happens during the rest of this season, there clearly needs to be a significant revamp of the team in the Summer. Simply put, there are too many regular starters for Chelsea who just aren't up to it on a regular basis anymore. Frank Lampard is not a player capable of starting for a Premier League or Champions League winning team anymore. The same goes to Essien, Malouda, Mikel, Kalou and Drogba. I had sympathy with AVB and I have sympathy with Di Matteo because their hands are tied by the limited options they have available. Kalou? Malouda? Not substitutes of the quality required if you want to finish in the top four. Ramires stuck out on the right wing for a second (big) game in a row? Not good enough, and why is he out there? Because we have no other option but to play him out there to accomidate Mata (our best player) in his favoured central position. It's a joke made even more hilarious by the vast sums of money Roman has spent on players during his time at the club that these are the best options we have these days, poor compromises.