• Drogba
    • (SUB) Torres
    • (SUB) David Luiz
    • (SUB) Kalou

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you dont even realize what the damages this will do to the future of the club, yet i see joking and laughing abroad

We are becoming closer and closer becoming like Liverpool, no attraction, signing average players, our world prestige down the drain...

We're finished

Not if v get a good xperienced manager....

In the opening 25 mins we had some half chances but couldn't do anything with it, after that we were just shit all the way.

Drogba had another incredibly poor day at the office, i find his performance much worse than everyone's simply because when he's in the mood he is unplayable.

But as usual he plays well sometimes, then decides not to the majority of times. Remember after he played well against Citeh and Valencia, he played shit until he went to the ACON.

Same thing is happening again.

Some of you dont even realize what the damages this will do to the future of the club, yet i see joking and laughing abroad

We are becoming closer and closer becoming like Liverpool, no attraction, signing average players, our world prestige down the drain...

We're finished

Not if v get a good xperienced manager....

That was one of the most boring first halves i have ever seen in football history. Gotta up the tempo a little bit and i feel really bad for Lukaku seeing him sit there in the crowd. He could have had a wonderful year starting games or at least as a sub.

We've gone form a major force in europe, to a channel 5 club. I Really hope Roman doesn't pull out, and cut his loses.

Well it was really Roman undoing if you think about.

He put the money for the squad, then he took out the juice.

Then firing managers after manager never really help.

So as much as the club did good under him, it also went down because of him.

There is always two side of the coins when the team is run poorly with poor plans.

However Chelsea FC can still be cheerful about the future, because of the many young players they got. If Roman where to leave these players would still be here.

There is absolutely no cloud in the sky for the future of Chelsea Football Club. We will exist indefinitely as an entity, European football or not. People are acting as though we owe 600 million quid and will be forced into liquidation if we fail to qualify for the Champions League.

We're finished

Why do people always bring Liverpool in as an example, that Liverpool team had no financial backing, was a team depleted of all talent and youngsters.

CHELSEA

166436hp2.jpg

POTENTIAL OUTS

Andre Villas-Boas' 'Chelsea Revolution' may be dead, but this summer is likely to remain one of great change at Stamford Bridge, whether the club have Champions League football to look forward to or not.

TOP-FOUR REQUIREMENT RATING 135791.jpg135791.jpg The likes of Didier Drogba, Florent Malouda and Paulo Ferreira will almost certainly be departing, while Frank Lampard and even skipper John Terry may follow if the next permanent Blues boss is serious about remoulding the team.

Even if they fail to secure a place in Europe's premier club competition, Chelsea should remain in a position to sell only on their own terms.

Consequently, younger stalwarts Juan Mata, Ramires and Daniel Sturridge will be kept on to form the spine of the next generation.

PRESTIGE

Under Abramovich, Chelsea are a club which have defined themselves by the Champions League. A year away from the continent's top table will hurt the Russian's bank balance, but it will hurt his pride even more.

TOP-FOUR REQUIREMENT RATING 135791.jpg135791.jpg135791.jpg Luckily, recent forays into the latter stages of the competition, combined with several high-profile marquee signings and lucrative pre-season tours, have ensured that the club's global fanbase is unlikely to be gravely affected by a season-long absence.

Whether it will hurt their standing among the rest of Europe's elite, however, remains to be seen.

FINANCIAL EFFECTS

Since Abramovich arrived at Stamford Bridge in June 2003, Chelsea have enjoyed the luxury of being artificially sheltered from the financial penalties of footballing underachievement. Private millions have ensured the sun always shines in west London, regardless of the disappointment.

TOP-FOUR REQUIREMENT RATING 135791.jpg135791.jpg135791.jpg135791.jpg But now, with Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations looming large on the horizon, the pressure is on all of the Premier League's elite to become more financially sustainable, and Chelsea are no different.

Having announced losses of £67.7 million for the last financial year – albeit offset by a record turnover – the Blues can ill-afford losing around £40m of Champions League revenue.

Underachievement this season may not have immediate footballing consequences, but in the long-term Chelsea's expensive squad rebuilding plans could be compromised.

POTENTIAL ARRIVALS

If the rumours are to be believed, Chelsea are hoping to be very active in the transfer market this summer.

A host of exciting – and expensive – young names have been mentioned, including Shakhtar's Brazilian ace Willian and Lille golden boy Hazard.

TOP-FOUR REQUIREMENT RATING 135791.jpg135791.jpg135791.jpg In this regard the loss of Champions League football could be sorely felt. The requirements of Financial Fair Play could mean Europe's best and brightest suddenly drift beyond the realms of Chelsea's budget.

On a footballing level, too, one could forgive the likes of Hazard from questioning what they could gain from leaving a club in the Champions League for one which is not, especially when so many other options are available.

That said, Chelsea's status as one of the most successful English clubs of the last 10 years will not be lost overnight, and Abramovich's evident willingness to get his man regardless of the cost could tip the balance back in the club's favour.

When Goal rate us as the team who need it the least, then I fail too understand it why fans can't. Man City still managed to attract the likes of Silva, Toure and Tevez. We are lucky to have Abramovich I tell you. Getting a good european run going could certainly help in attracting players too.

Besides nothing is finished, it is 5 points, it isn't over till it's over. I also think we should ban the words Channel 5 from this forum too. NEGATIVITY NEVER HELPS.

Today really showed what Chelsea is..... An old guard , apart from Terry . which is pathetic.... When Essien got subbed i wanted to break his face when i saw him making faces and walking slowly.... Useless guy.... Did nothing in the game,,,,,didnt even close down players....

Mata is not strong enough or fast enough..... He can only work his magic a few times in the game.... otherwise over 90 minutes he really cant affect the game too much....gets bullied too easily.

NO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE next season. Sad Sad performance, knowing that we needed 3 points. Why did they even turn up to play when they would play without any intensity and passion with some sense of freakin URGENCY. Pathetic bunch of players. They should be ASHAMED of themselves.

Slim hope...but its still there.Could've been a worse gap had we lost and never know..Spurs have already thrown away one lead...cant imagin them doing it again but weird things happen

But sod how other teams do,the only results that matter are ours.Cant rely on teams to drop points when we can gain them

Serious over reaction on here.

We were poor but what do you expect when we're setting up like that. Finally a pundit has said we lack width, Neville was spot on. Ramires and Sturridge wingers? All they do is go inside which was asking for trouble especially today when there were so many players in the middle. We played like Stoke the whole game, just kick it long to Drogba. Until we address the width problem, we're always going to struggle no matter who we've got in the team.

Random point: When we shoot from free kicks, Mata should be taking them. Lampard always hits the wall and this season Mata has been better than Drogba at shooting. However, when crossing it should be Lampard taking, with Mata and Drogba taking the odd ones.

I thought Cole and Lampard were our best players today.

Disgraceful decision. Even if the result didn't favour us, Cahill outshone anyone out there today.

He's such an overrated player, it's just the hype that is, he got it in the sweden game and he did nothing all game, he got beat twice and was poor going forward, when you had great performances from Downing and such, Walker got it... laughable really, the same was also with Sturridge against Netherlands, but at least Sturridge did something that match.

Today really showed what Chelsea is..... An old guard , apart from Terry . which is pathetic.... When Essien got subbed i wanted to break his face when i saw him making faces and walking slowly.... Useless guy.... Did nothing in the game,,,,,didnt even close down players....

Mata is not strong enough or fast enough..... He can only work his magic a few times in the game.... otherwise over 90 minutes he really cant affect the game too much....gets bullied too easily.

NO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE next season. Sad Sad performance, knowing that we needed 3 points. Why did they even turn up to play when they would play without any intensity and passion with some sense of freakin URGENCY. Pathetic bunch of players. They should be ASHAMED of themselves.

can understand your pain ... I dont feel any pain now ,,,just anger that these tossers wear the shirt and lift their money