• Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Sturridge
    • Mata
    • Drogba
    • (SUB) Torres
    • (SUB) David Luiz
    • (SUB) Kalou

Why do people always bring Liverpool in as an example, that Liverpool team had no financial backing, was a team depleted of all talent and youngsters.

When Goal rate us as the team who need it the least, then I fail too understand it why fans can't. Man City still managed to attract the likes of Silva, Toure and Tevez. We are lucky to have Abramovich I tell you. Getting a good european run going could certainly help in attracting players too.

Besides nothing is finished 5 points, it isn't over till it's over. I also think we should ban the words Channel 5 from this forum too. NEGATIVITY NEVER HELPS.

Its on the manager ultimately...as pointed out in the article....hiddink? Van gaal? Benitez? Can they reshape this club?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Eviltwinz, we can get players regardless. It's not like we will be going after the likes of Ronaldo and Messi lol.

Hazard won't come for sure, but all the other aforementioned targets 'should' only relish the target of taking us back to the top.. (wishful thinking)

And Falcao loves Europa League anyway :D

Our fans were a fucking disgrace, they were not even chanting for the whole of the first half. Let me announce something right here and now.... we will go 5-6 seasons without winning the Premier League. I can absolutley guarantee that and this is not a ''knee-jerk'' time has caught up with us and we just can't sign the cream of the crop any more. Well its been a good time being one of the best sides in Europe but the big Arabs are in town now and they have put us to one side.

Agree with Eviltwinz, we can get players regardless. It's not like we will be going after the likes of Ronaldo and Messi lol.

Hazard won't come for sure, but all the other aforementioned targets should only relish the target of taking us back to the top..

And Falcao loves Europa League anyway :D

we'l get hoilett, tiote lvel playrs...dats itt...no cavani no hazard no gotze no higuain

Why do people always bring Liverpool in as an example, that Liverpool team had no financial backing, was a team depleted of all talent and youngsters.

When Goal rate us as the team who need it the least, then I fail too understand it why fans can't. Man City still managed to attract the likes of Silva, Toure and Tevez. We are lucky to have Abramovich I tell you. Getting a good european run going could certainly help in attracting players too.

Besides nothing is finished, it is 5 points, it isn't over till it's over. I also think we should ban the words Channel 5 from this forum too. NEGATIVITY NEVER HELPS.

Yeah that's what I always said!

It does not matter if you are not in CL, cause City where never in CL and the players still came.

Players come for a project. And they saw that City was building a good project where they will get a lot of money and chances to win trophies.

Same situation will be with Chelsea. I remember Hazard agent said that if Chelsea start spending again in reshaping the squad he will consider it.

So players won't care about not being in CL one season.

Torres was the same at Liverpool, but he left cause they did not spend money on buying good players.

If Chelsea turns like Liverpool where we buy mediocre players then we will turn like Liverpool. But until Roman remains in charge that is not going to happen.

He will spend and do what is needed.

That game underlines it. We are no longer Champions League quality; not with this squad anyway. We should enjoy this quarter-final with Benfica because it may well prove to be our last expedition in that competition for a season or so.

Today was our big opportunity and we failed miserably. Against Manchester City, di Matteo looked as if he was willing to sacrifice that fixture and rest the likes of Drogba and company for this fixture. We also had Terry returning. The hope was that we would put our eggs in a single basket and we've paid the price. We didn't even compete today. Ignore Mata hitting the post and that ambitious late Lampard effort; we had nothing to show for our abysmal showing today. The defence performed excellently, but besides the back five we were very lacklustre.

The most concerning feature is that Spurs didn't even come for the win today. They showed us such respect, but the embarrassment is that they realised by the second half that we are but a shadow of the team that won three Premier League titles in six seasons, with three FA Cups and a brace of Carling Cups in-between. By the 90th minute, despite not scoring, they had asserted themselves as a far superior team. But for two excellent pieces of goalkeeping and some brilliant defending by Cole, Terry and Cahill, we'd have deservedly been beaten by a couple of goals today. We offered next to nothing going forward. Drogba was anonymous for most of the match. Mata was poor. Sturridge showed glimpses but he outdoes himself by over-complicating things with one trick too many. He is an exceptionally frustrating player to watch and he had an off game today, but that goes to show how poor the rest of the forward-line was, if he was out outstanding attacker.

Even the effort and endeavour was limited today. I can quite easily say that that showing was one of the worst I have ever had the displeasure of watching. It is as if after the Naples game that the 'legends' think that their job is now done for the season. Incorrect. I expected them to come out all guns blazing, but we had an absolute shocker - from players to manager.

Match Ratings

Cech - 7 - really can't fault this man at the moment. He's playing very well and had another good game. The save at the end from Bale was a lot harder than it looked; shots dipping and bouncing inside the six yard box is any goalkeeper's ultimate fear. The only thing I can criticise him for was the moment where Adebayor went past him prior to Cahill's brilliant block, but I think he realised if he went all-out to win the ball there was the danger of being sent off. However he did his job today. I also think he had Bale's header that hit the crossbar covered, so you can moreorless consider that another save. Its lucky his concentration span is so good.

Bosingwa - 5 - not as bad as people were making out. At least not defensively. There was only one moment where he let himself down at the back and that was when Adebayor got behind him after he and Ramires showed too much hesitation in the tackle. He was poor going forward but otherwise solid, but that does not disguise the fact that this supposed 'attacking full-back' is actually useless going forward.

Terry - 7 - as per Cech, a solid and unspectacular game. Bossed the defence very well, and we show much greater organisation defensively with him in the team.

Cahill - 8 - superb performance. We saw in that moment when he blocked Adebayor's shot the reason why di Matteo holds him in at least equal regard to David Luiz.

Cole - 6 - better than what we have seen for most of the season but still considerably below his usual best. His defensive play was solid but going forward he continues to look an oddity. His previous ability to know when to pass or cross the ball seems to have diminished entirely.

Essien - 5 - again not good enough from the Bison today. His days as a powerhouse are well and truly over, and we would do well to let him go in the summer. He is still a brilliant player on his day, but so much of his game relies on his now-spent dynamism. His passing was never great, but without that burst of pace he is no longer the engine he once was. He now offers less than Mikel, who is better in a positional disciplinary sense.

Lampard - 6 - I can't say Lampard had a good game, but he certainly wasn't as bad as some people were making out. Spurs flooded the midfield, making it difficult to get a foothold in the game. However he grew as the game progressed and looked composed and at ease with the ball at his feet. I can't find fault with his showing today.

Ramires - 6 - I really can't stand seeing him wide right. He cannot pass well enough to play in such a position, and whilst you can never fault his commitment or endeavour, his lack of quality in the final third is very poor. He covered every blade of grass, however, but he is just not cut for the job out wide. He is an engine-room player like Essien once was, and that is where he should be employed. One or two good games against the likes of Portsmouth and Wolves back in January does not make him a winger. Its embarrassing to even see him there in all honesty.

Mata - 4 - will the real Juan Mata please stand up? He wants the CAM spot, but with performances like that he shouldn't be in the team. Almost everything his tried failed today. However that seems to be down to exhaustion. He has played more games than anyone and needs a rest. His performances recently have been very much sub-standard, it is clear he is fatigued but even so, he made very little impression on the game today. He was unlucky with the free-kick, but I don't think that excuses a poor performance.

Sturridge - 6 - he was our best attacking player without question, and he also did a fair share of the defensive job today. He only had one opportunity (a difficult one at that!) but he showed plenty of effort, which is more than can be said of Drogba!

Drogba - 4 - this is one of those reasons why some fans really dislike Drogba; his inconsistency. He was unplayable against Napoli, but he seems that out of spite he's decided he can't be arsed after Torres got two starting berths in succession. You normally see him at least moan when things aren't going his way, but he didn't even do that today. I think he seems resigned to the fact that this team just isn't good enough!

SUBS - I thought Torres showed some good glimpses today. On evidence of the last three matches, he should play against Benfica. David Luiz looked uncomfortable at right-back; totally out of his depth. Kalou hardly touched the ball so I can't comment on him.

Di Matteo - totally fucked up his tactics today, I think. Also question marks should be raised over his team selection; there was a horrific lack of balance to the team today. Needs to address this before Tuesday. The honeymoon period is over, and now he is facing the same problems that AVB is. If he doesn't get a result in Tuesday, the team will turn on him.

Yeah that's what I always said!

It does not matter if you are not in CL, cause City where never in CL and the players still came.

Players come for a project. And they saw that City was building a good project where they will get a lot of money and chances to win trophies.

Same situation will be with Chelsea. I remember Hazard agent said that if Chelsea start spending again in reshaping the squad he will consider it.

So players won't care about not being in CL one season.

Torres was the same at Liverpool, but he left cause they did not spend money on buying good players.

If Chelsea turns like Liverpool where we buy mediocre players then we will turn like Liverpool. But until Roman remains in charge that is not going to happen.

He will spend and do what is needed.

What project now? Manc got quality players aftr mancini led d team fr half a season....our project starts in the summer and nobody will sign for us until v start succeeding.....

Its not all over but it will be unless we get a shrewd manager and more importantly , back him...

Our fans were a fucking disgrace, they were not even chanting for the whole of the first half. Let me announce something right here and now.... we will go 5-6 seasons without winning the Premier League. I can absolutley guarantee that and this is not a ''knee-jerk'' time has caught up with us and we just can't sign the cream of the crop any more. Well its been a good time being one of the best sides in Europe but the big Arabs are in town now and they have put us to one side.

You are a fucking disgrace. Just shut up and stop your bullshit.

What project now? Manc got quality players aftr mancini led d team fr half a season....our project starts in the summer and nobody will sign for us until v start succeeding.....

Its not all over but it will be unless we get a shrewd manager and more importantly , back him...

Touche.

That's why even today I think sacking AVB was wrong. He had the plan, and even though it wasn't implemented the open yearning to create an attacking Chelsea certainly is attractive. Mata confessed it as a key element, and Hazard did too. By sacking him I hope we haven't negated this philosophy from the players minds.

Dude City where in 10th place!

That says it all.

It certainly looked like two teams were playing for a draw today , i can see why spurs were to be happy with that but why the fuck would a team whose only hope to get a UCL place playing at it's own ground will go for the draw !!

We certainly looked like we would rather avoid defeat than risk it for the sake of the 3 points , sturridge should ve been restored to his RW position but we were too worried about Bale .

We don't have one quality midfielder in this club, that is unacceptable !! , first thing we should do in the summer is sell Essien - Mikel - Miereles - may be lamps as well and get a whole new midfield .

Agree the honeymoon bits over..and this is the challenge for whoever takes over at the end of the season gettting through that stage

Such a weird game.So flat.It didnt seem like we were in need of the points just seemed like a case of go out and play and any points gained is a bonus.have a nice stroll in the sun sorta thing

Cahill had a brilliant game though as did Cech...but Tuesday dear god!

I prefer Mata on the left, and reason being is, is because when he plays down central, he gets overrun completely, like today he never had any space to make for himself and he does nothing when under pressure.

It's not like he sticks on the left wing anyway, he roams about everywhere. But This game and Napoli game he got overrun completely, couldn't do anything.

Drogba - 4 - this is one of those reasons why some fans really dislike Drogba; his inconsistency. He was unplayable against Napoli, but he seems that out of spite he's decided he can't be arsed after Torres got two starting berths in succession. You normally see him at least moan when things aren't going his way, but he didn't even do that today. I think he seems resigned to the fact that this team just isn't good enough!

SUBS - I thought Torres showed some good glimpses today. On evidence of the last three matches, he should play against Benfica. David Luiz looked uncomfortable at right-back; totally out of his depth. Kalou hardly touched the ball so I can't comment on him.

I don't think Drogba decided not to play because of Torres, this has just been the case since last season. 1 or 2 good games followed by 10 rubbish one's.

Seems like he is not motivated to even play unless it's a big game. (with the exception of today)

And as for Torres, he did what he did against Man city in midweek. He helped out by pressing when we didn't have the ball, something many of our players don't even try to do.

The way he won the ball back after Sturridge gave him a rubbish pass was brilliant.