• Lampard
    • Mata
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • SUB - Drogba
    • SUB - Essien
    • SUB - Bosingwa

This game wasnt important for us.

Game against Spurs is what really matters.

Oh shut up you absolute dickhead, of course it matters, every game does. We need to get as many points as we can, just because they're in a better position than us doesn't mean the game isn't important. You speak so much rubbish.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. Drogba's good at closing down games and truthfully told, Torres was going nowhere. He played well, don't get me wrong, but keeping him fresh for Tottenham is more important.

Agreed.

Torres' positioning was piss poor today and was the main reason why our attacks looked clueless in the first half. Don't get me wrong, he had a lot of good touches on the ball but he just doesn't get into the box often enough.

No doubt the usual crowd are going to raise their heads excitedly above the parapet now to get tore into DiMatteo and the boys now that he has slipped for the first time. It wasn't a great game no doubt but its a ground where Citeh ain't lost all season and we put up a decent go of it. Citeh are simply a better team/squad and got what they deserved. Ess really brings nothing to this team anymore and Meireles is grim for the most part. All and all my biggest upset is that we had a chance to close the gap in the yids but missed it again. A win Saturday is imperative now

Don't be so harsh on players, I mean we were bad at attacking but we were good in defense our only failure was 2nd goal and 1st was bad luck and bad misteake from Essien. Surely City deserved to win but, we finally deserve some luck.

Disappointed only we hadn't made draw :/

I know city were the better side. The difference in quality is huge. But that doesn't mean a thing!

Actually it was rather sad. Despite suffering much worse defeats and turn-arounds this year I don't remember ever looking so weak when compared to the team we played.

Yeah, but I'll give Torres tremendous credit, he did hold off the strong challenge of Richards but it was right for him to go off when he did.

I never said he was bad, he was actually good when he had the ball, plus i only managed to get back 2nd half from football.

Gosh! Why blame Essien, it happens. It is the team collectively which didnt perform, probably we ran out of gas!

Yes, it happens, but after 12 years of professional football you would think that he would know not to stretch his arms up in the box when there is a shot coming in, hell, my 5 year old brother knows that.

And I am so disappointed with Drogba tonight, I'm not blaming him for anything, but he came off the bench being the only one fresh on the pitch, and he didn't even try. I will be furious if he starts on saturday.

The team just seems so effortless, forget the 2-1 score, losing is not the thing that bothers me the most, it's those players who dare to wear that badge and don't give a fuck about giving a performance or not.

or the fact that you were just touting Liverpool as possible threats to us because they WERE beating the r's...

No, quote it if you want, i still stand by it!, we have gotta play Tottenham, i'm going to decide our future on that game, if we lose that, then that tiny little chance of us getting into top 4 is over, and then Liverpool and Newcastle are threats for our 5th place, damn is fighting over 5th place even worth it?.

Oh shut up you absolute dickhead, of course it matters, every game does. We need to get as many points as we can, just because they're in a better position than us doesn't mean the game isn't important. You speak so much rubbish.

Yes but in the scheme of things, this was the match with the least amount of expectancy.

Stop throwing insults.

I thought Cech, Cahill, Luiz and Torres were the only players who really offered anything tonight. Bosingwa, Meireles and Essien really bothered me, the rest were non existent. Couldn't honestly say City were great either, they were however worth the win.

I actually said to a friend of mine I was texting during the game that tonight seemed like one of those nights were Drogba would come on and provide nothing. Think I was right.

I don't know if the final score would have been any different but it was a really bad mistake by RDM to replace Torres with Drogba,especially since it was our last sub.

Like i said during the match,if he wanted to make a sub then Lampard should have been the one to be replaced.When you are only 1-0 up and you are facing City's attack line you can't be sure that everything will go your way,there has to be a plan b in case something goes wrong and it did.You can't just let them hammer you,you have to attack too and the team we had in the last minutes was too defensive and slow to do any damage.

We did manage to frustrate City in the first half but imo RDM was the main reason we lost the game with the decisions he made in the second half.