• Meireles
    • Lampard
    • Mata
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • SUB - Drogba
    • SUB - Essien
    • SUB - Bosingwa

I agree the grinning irritated the shit out of me. I know Michael is a happy guy and he usually always has a smile on his face, but when a player does something as stupid as that at such an important time in a crucial match when we were winning, at least try and seem pissed off with yourself ffs

I remember a time when Essien got pissed off and shouted at Bosingwa for making a mess of the build-up play....how times have changed since then...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't astonished that we lost because quite frankly City were the better team from the first second.They outplayed us most of the times and their finishing let them down otherwise I am sure we would have lost by more than a goal margin.We were lucky to score a goal but then on City looked more lethal than us.Chelsea gave them far too much of space,which allowed their players to play freely around us and eventually score that second vital goal they required.

Chelsea must improve and step up their game once again because the match on Saturday is a must win.It will be a disaster if we don't qualify for Champions League and so therefore its important that we win all our remaining premier league games,which IMO is achievable.

"When Torres was in, Chelsea was winning 1-0, now as soon as he's stepped off, City's scored 2 goals. I'm just saying."

— ESPN Commentator

Back to the drawing board rdm...

Still have faith in you Robbie

:doh: What does that have to do with anything? How would have Torres prevented any of the goals? Its like saying: "My dad closed the window when we were 1-0 up. My is to blame for us loosing"!

My MOTM is mikel. Was excellent in the middle, made some great interceptions, and even covered for bosingwa's (head-less chicken) forward runs.

really still disappointed..we didnt play well, but city were very desperate and their handball ends so far from our goal...till essiens fault..it was really his fault, because when you blocking shoots at this area you have to put your hands behind you, you are really responsible for this..

It's pretty simple when it comes to the reason we lost - The tactics we employed. We could of went all out for this win, but playing Ramiers on the right, we lacked natural width, the idea was obviously to do what we almost did - defend well smash and grab a goal, then defend some more. While i don't sit there and think they were the right tactics, I think it wasn't a bad idea because it almost work, although after they scored the peon, you knew they would go on to win. The problem is not the result, it's 4th place. Arsenal are now flying in 4th, Spurs have an easy run-in. We have the hardest run in out of the 3, with Liverpool and Arsenal to travel too. Thats going to be ridiculously hard. We have to beat Spurs or it's Europa, and even if we do, we aren't going to be in the top 4.

I just feel like if we set up to win this game, we would have done. We didn't though and we got what we deserved. Nothing. Fair play to City, when you make subs and have Tevez,Aguero,Dzeko on the pitch and you took Balotelli off, you see the depth they have. So much more than us.

I'm not disheartened after that. City perhaps deserved to win but our defensive performance suggests we should have had something to show for our endeavours. Torres looked lively again, against much better opposition this time round, which is very encouraging. We played quite well - in fact, if we perform like that against Tottenham, we'll win.

It's pretty simple when it comes to the reason we lost - The tactics we employed. We could of went all out for this win, but playing Ramiers on the right, we lacked natural width, the idea was obviously to do what we almost did - defend well smash and grab a goal, then defend some more. While i don't sit there and think they were the right tactics, I think it wasn't a bad idea because it almost work, although after they scored the peon, you knew they would go on to win. The problem is not the result, it's 4th place. Arsenal are now flying in 4th, Spurs have an easy run-in. We have the hardest run in out of the 3, with Liverpool and Arsenal to travel too. Thats going to be ridiculously hard. We have to beat Spurs or it's Europa, and even if we do, we aren't going to be in the top 4.

I just feel like if we set up to win this game, we would have done. We didn't though and we got what we deserved. Nothing. Fair play to City, when you make subs and have Tevez,Aguero,Dzeko on the pitch and you took Balotelli off, you see the depth they have. So much more than us.

If we played more attacking, man city woulda thrashed us. Our attackers are USELESS. Torres, Drogba, lampard, Meireles, Ramires all struggle in one way or another. Every time we went forward yesterday, one of those players fucked a good counter attack up.

I thought the initial tactics were spot on by RDM except I would have played Sturridge at RW. Don't agree with his substitutions tho

If we played more attacking, man city woulda thrashed us. Our attackers are USELESS. Torres, Drogba, lampard, Meireles, Ramires all struggle in one way or another. Every time we went forward yesterday, one of those players fucked a good counter attack up.

I thought the initial tactics were spot on by RDM except I would have played Sturridge at RW. Don't agree with his substitutions tho

We started with a horror defence and now we are ending the season with attacking problems.......

squad overhaul for next season?

Yeah no doubt, but I still think I would have liked to have seen us go for it at some point. It was obvious they were gonna score. We just tried to sit back and soak it up which was wasn't wrong but in the end wasn't enough. Sturridge would have been fired up for this one, and rinsed Clichy when we played them at the bridge. On the counter he could have been an outlet.

Don't agree, the reason we lost the game was because of the negative tactics of parking the bus for most of the game but we just sat on our box as soon as we scored & that just invited trouble, we beat them at the Bridge by attacking them so didn't really understand RDM's team selection or tactics - City have been on a poor run of form & were suffering with a lack of confidence so for me were there for the taking. I do concur with you on subs & especially Sturridge not starting though.

I really hate this kit:

ssa333451%25255B9%25255D.jpg

All bad things happened in this kit :/ HATE IT!!! It was the greatest mistake this night! We shoud play in white or blue kit!

No I actually like the design. have the long sleeve. Feels good. bad luck they never win in it.

I still really think we can keep this positive moment going but that game last night has left me with some venting to do:

Is there a video of Torres vs City?

Exactly; or at least, I'm going to assume you're thinking the same thing I was that we were playing fine in the attack with Torres.

We started with a horror defence and now we are ending the season with attacking problems.......

squad overhaul for next season?

We are only "ending" the season with attacking problems? news to me....

3. I just read Giles Smith's Thursday Thoughts on the chelseafc.com and his cry-baby complaints about Essien's handball. IT WAS A PENALTY, GET OVER IT!

4. That last goal is something that you only see players like silva, nasri, and every other player in the Barcelona Midfield do. They lurk outside the box, pick out a wall pass and somehow RAMIRES, CAHILL, AND LAMPARD, just let Nasri waltz in. WTF?????

Well it sucks we did lose, obvious big sign we probably will need a overhaul in the summer,If mourinho returned id defo take routing madrid for Alonso Higuain and Ronaldo, if not ronaldo maybe Albiol

Though as bad as it is of me to say, least we didn't drop to arsenal or tottenham, I am hoping city wins it this year rather than united again, so yeah :)

Well our defense was our strong-point and it was what gave us the upper hand over those Manchester CUNTS last night....that's until the genius Essien stepped in and stuck his magical hand out.

Essien is such a powerful force in out midfield and so essential to our team, but he has a habit of fukking up at times when we cant afford to fukk up..

I still really think we can keep this positive moment going but that game last night has left me with some venting to do:

1. Exactly; or at least, I'm going to assume you're thinking the same thing I was that we were playing fine in the attack with Torres.

2. We are only "ending" the season with attacking problems? news to me....

3. I just read Giles Smith's Thursday Thoughts on the chelseafc.com and his cry-baby complaints about Essien's handball. IT WAS A PENALTY, GET OVER IT!

4. That last goal is something that you only see players like silva, nasri, and every other player in the Barcelona Midfield do. They lurk outside the box, pick out a wall pass and somehow RAMIRES, CAHILL, AND LAMPARD, just let Nasri waltz in. WTF?????

You r quite right bt

At the start of the season, the attack ws ignord while everyone bashd the defence...now gradually the lack of creativity shit is croppin up....earlier on 5 gols vs genk and bolton shut the critics abt our attack...also d 5-3 vs asnl, critics bashd only d dfens...

Now, comin to think of it, d attack was shyte all season.....just getin highlighted now