• Torres
    • SUB - Drogba
    • SUB - Essien
    • SUB - Bosingwa

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took the lead through a fluke goal, and survived with a clean sheet till that point even with our best defenders Terry and Ivanovic absent.

If you were dead sure of a win before the match, then I can't console you.

You're right. We never had a chance. Don't know why we even travelled up there, what a waste of fuel. /sarcasm

We'd still be 2 points behind them and our fixtures are:

Villa (A)

Wigan (H)

Fulham (A)

Arsenal (A)

QPR (H)

Liverpool (A)

BlackBurn (H)

I know, but we'd have further stifled their fight for fourth and I think we can get a good lot of points out of the remaining games. blue%20scalf.gif

He tried to run forward a couple of times but the ball never came, our mid for some reason simply cannot do a lob through pass.

Torres always2 want a through ball but our players always pass the ball to his feet.

When he first started playing the argument used was that we never passed to his feet often enough, and that we always used the Drogba air-balls.

There is no point complaining about this, this has bee a problem for our mid and torres all season.

Yes.

I was more upset by how we lost than the actual loss itself. Got a scruffy goal and thought we would at least get something out of this. I would say Citeh were the better team on the day, but that's not saying much. It was a very winnable game. One area of deficiency that stuck out to me, was our inability to keep possession. We gave the ball away cheaply far too many times.

We saw the best of Chelsea under RDM and now we just witnessed their worst.Chelsea never seemed to threaten City and could have lost by a bigger goal margin.Honestly it was a very monotonous display by some players while players like Mikel and Mata did the best they could.Lampard and Bosingwa were just terrible today while the others had a mediocre kind of performance.

In simple words,the better side won today.

You're right. We never had a chance. Don't know why we even travelled up there, what a waste of fuel. /sarcasm

Of course there's always a "chance". But a chance is nothing more than that.

And please don't reply...There's a "chance" your next post will be more annoying.

I don't complain about the sub after the game,i was against it during the game aswell.Torres didn't have a good game but we needed him if something went wrong and we had to score another goal.Now if we had another sub then it would make more sense to me but RDM wanted to play safe and replaced one striker with another with his last sub.Lampard should have been subbed instead with Ramires taking his place in the midfield and Sturridge in the right wing

Like I said,RDM had to do something to give us a little bit more time on the ball because we were being attacked like crazy by city. In the end it did not work but I understand that he had to do something.

Btw I am pretty sure that if we had one more sub, he will bring danny in after we concede the 2nd goal not before because it is too risky to bring danny when you are being pinched in your own half like that.

I think we all readjusted our expectations a little too quickly. If memory serves me right, we haven't signed any new player since AVB left. The new manager effect can only take you so far. Talent has to complete the journey.

When he first started playing the argument used was that we never passed to his feet often enough, and that we always used the Drogba air-balls.

Yes.

Nope, Torres always want a through ball not on his feet.

You should search for Xavi video in youtube where he explained that his role in spain team is as a organizer and every player want the ball at different place.

Iniesta and Silva want the ball in his feet but Torres always want through ball.

Nope, Torres always want a through ball not on his feet.

You should search for Xavi video in youtube where he explained that his role in spain team is as a organizer and every player want the ball at different place.

Iniesta and Silva want the ball in his feet but Torres always want through ball.

Well, then I guess we need to make more arrangements till the team's ready to play with him again.

Still hope he can do better in his next match.

Did their best. Hey might have won it too, but Man city too good. Tottenham really is a must win game otherwise 4th spot is gone.

I agree we are 5 points behind Spurs and if we lose on Saturday then there is a slim chance of us qualifying for Champions League.I think the only way we can possibly qualify is if we win the Champions league :P