Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was not trolling, i can assure for him. He's such a talisman with his pessimism ;)

So lets talk about the game: we could win 5-1 easily if our players had the experience... On the second leg won't be simple to score a goal, but obviously we will fight to death again.

Lavezzi owned ivanovic tonight :D

i know you whipped us a bit and had other chances but if we had a bit more cutting edge and security at the back, we would have been the ones scoring 4 or 5 today because your defence really is there for the taking the way its so open at times. You're very lucky to be playing THIS Chelsea team at THIS time. We coulda even scored 3 today tbh.

They dont have to. Yeah one of them needs to, but whats so scary about trying it? I think danny will make an excellent CF.

If you only start one of them it means Mata is stuck out on the left wing again and you don;t get half as much out of him from a wide position as you do when he plays through the centre. Im not saying that Sturridge wouldn't make an excellent striker, maybe he would, but we don;t have the quality in the quad to try it right now.

I don't really give a shit any more. At the end of the day the players don't know who the fuck I am and they don't care, so why should I feel like shit for them after they have just failed to fight for the shirt. I don't mind if you are out skilled but one thing ​I WILL NEVER EXCEPT ​is a lack of fight. Those players don't have bottle, they embarrassed themselves tonight with horrific defending.

This game should have been played defensively with a defensive midfielder like Essien (who is still better than Tattoo Boy no matter what) or Mikel, so having an open attacking game made us lose the advantage of the second leg at the Bridge.

And about the 5-3, Malouda, Lampard and Terry fell short as well.

I'm not talking about other performances of that Arsenal game, i'm on about Mikels, were he couldn't keep up with anyone, and the biggest example can't believe i forgot it, the game where he got benched from the rest of his season was away at Valencia, he was a big reason why Valencia were constantly in our box and had lots of chances, he just let players run past him, he never stuck any tackles in, never tracked back, at least Raul tracks back, he always tracks back, Mikel doesn't he just stands there like a statue, and like i said Essien was too dangerous, that's just putting too much faith into the game playing Essien with his current fitness, playing Meireles over him is logic to be honest because it's too much of a risk of Essien, he is vital for the rest of the season and we need him so we can't risk him for this game, could of gotten injured or anything, he's not fully up there yet you can see he isn't. And he would of cost us the game more than Meireles in my opinion.

The only thing you can blame AVB for, IS NOT BUYING ANY FUCKING PLAYERS, that's the thing i hate him for.

So what next ... I say concentrate on getting 4th n maybe having a bit of luck in the fa cup. But I thin getting 4th should be our priority. There is no way this team can win the cl and I'd rather go out gracefully then get whooped 8-0 by barca. Get fourth and we can attract the players next season to move us forward.

Team selection was again utterly pony. Why on why Meireles instead of Lampard????? what the fuck does he bring to the team?, what the fuck has he contributed this season, yet he is seldom dropped. Its utterly pathetic by an incredibly inept manager. Never, ever, ever, ever though I'd say it, but AVB makes Yiddo Grant seem like Brian Grant.

Why the fuck was he so determined to bin Alex and Anelka??

he was not trolling, i can assure for him. He's such a talisman with his pessimism ;)

So lets talk about the game: we could win 5-1 easily if our players had the experience... On the second leg won't be simple to score a goal, but obviously we will fight to death again.

Lavezzi owned ivanovic tonight :D

Disagree with that, he took him on very well first half, Ivanovic was poor 2nd half mind you, never seen him get ripped up into pieces though, he did get caught out in some counter attacks but the other defence didn't exactly help.

So what next ... I say concentrate on getting 4th n maybe having a bit of luck in the fa cup. But I thin getting 4th should be our priority. There is no way this team can win the cl and I'd rather go out gracefully then get whooped 8-0 by barca. Get fourth and we can attract the players next season to move us forward.

Well yeah i said that to my brother. Lets just get knocked out normally against someone because if we got Barca, what the fuck would they do to this defence? It could be the biggest humiliation in our history and rather nasty to have to witness.

i know you whipped us a bit and had other chances but if we had a bit more cutting edge and security at the back, we would have been the ones scoring 4 or 5 today because your defence really is there for the taking the way its so open at times. You're very lucky to be playing THIS Chelsea team at THIS time. We coulda even scored 3 today tbh.

You scored 1 goal because our defence sucks. So yes we were really lucky to face this chelsea, but think about your players and our players...Aronica, Cannavaro and Campagnaro vs Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic; maybe you have to admit that tonight we were far superior, and you had the fortune to score first without any merit.

I'm not talking about other performances of that Arsenal game, i'm on about Mikels, were he couldn't keep up with anyone, and the biggest example can't believe i forgot it, the game where he got benched from the rest of his season was away at Valencia, he was a big reason why Valencia were constantly in our box and had lots of chances, he just let players run past him, he never stuck any tackles in, never tracked back, at least Raul tracks back, he always tracks back, Mikel doesn't he just stands there like a statue, and like i said Essien was too dangerous, that's just putting too much faith into the game playing Essien with his current fitness, playing Meireles over him is logic to be honest because it's too much of a risk of Essien, he is vital for the rest of the season and we need him so we can't risk him for this game, could of gotten injured or anything, he's not fully up there yet you can see he isn't. And he would of cost us the game more than Meireles in my opinion.

The only thing you can blame AVB for, IS NOT BUYING ANY FUCKING PLAYERS, that's the thing i hate him for.

Why is it a risk with Essien? It's a very important game and he's fit. You're making it seem like it's his first appearance since the injury.

You scored 1 goal because our defence sucks. So yes we were really lucky to face this chelsea, but think about your players and our players...Aronica, Cannavaro and Campagnaro vs Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic; maybe you have to admit that tonight we were far superior, and you had the fortune to score first without any merit.

In the second half we dominated lots of the game in the middle of the pitch and got into good area's just with no penetration. Napoli simply had the penetration. I don't think we were outplayed in any way today, it's simply the team with the better attackers and the more decisiveness won the game. It was a pretty even end to end open game i thought.