Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

Want to rant at yet another pathetic performance but it's getting real tiresome to do so as this has gone for 2 months! What I will say is AVB's tactical approach and team selection has cost us yet another defeat. It's one thing players making errors but it's another when the manager decides to play no DM away from home in Europe in games like this and wants to play an open attacking football against one of the most potent strikeforce in Europe. Just absolutely ridiculous. Even at 1-0 up, we still attacked and was never ordered to adopt a similar approach to the Valencia game.

TBH, I really don't know what is this Roman's obssession with attacking football. Playing attacking football maybe pretty on the eyes but think for most fans, they want to see winning football. There are other way of going about attacking football than the style that AVB wants us to play. I really missed those days where we were solid, organized, physical, tactically sound and being a workmanlike team. Right now, everything is a shambles. We have a manager being totally clueless and stubborn. Players who don't suit AVB's style of play and not putting it enough effort.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had those 2, plus a couple from corners, and one late on that Drogba fluffed. We also had a half chance, where Ivanovic dribbled some 50 metres with the ball but couldn't quite get enough space to shoot, although I think if that was a striker who'd gotten in that position, he would have had a go.

I will not count corners and the ball was behind drogba and there was no way drogba will convert that.

So we had only 2 good chances.

He played a 4-2-3-1 what is exactly what many fans around wanted him to play and now it's wrong again?

Why play that formation away from home? We needed 3 in central midfield and that team selection was an embarrassment. The pressure has clearly got to him.

If rumors are to be believed the old guard are giving avb a torrid time and if true this is our major problem. If we sack avb and being in another manager (god knows who) then what happens if 6 months down the line the legends decide they don't like that manager or his tactics? Sack him and being ANOTHER manager in? When does it end? I,like almost all, can't have Bos our Meierles but perhaps they are playing because avb doesn't feel some of the players are working for him. Its sad to say but its time to break up this old guard in the most respectful way possible. Most can see that super Frank aint what he was, ash aint been super, drogs looks a shadow of himself, cech aint the same keeper and Jt's injuries are catching up. All these players will always have a special place in my heart but IF and that's only if any of the reports of challenging avb's authority and basically not playing for the manager then I'm sorry but its time to go with all my love. NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN CHELSEA FC

If rumors are to be believed the old guard are giving avb a torrid time and if true this is our major problem. If we sack avb and being in another manager (god knows who) then what happens if 6 months down the line the legends decide they don't like that manager or his tactics? Sack him and being ANOTHER manager in? When does it end? I,like almost all, can't have Bos our Meierles but perhaps they are playing because avb doesn't feel some of the players are working for him. Its sad to say but its time to break up this old guard in the most respectful way possible. Most can see that super Frank aint what he was, ash aint been super, drogs looks a shadow of himself, cech aint the same keeper and Jt's injuries are catching up. All these players will always have a special place in my heart but IF and that's only if any of the reports of challenging avb's authority and basically not playing for the manager then I'm sorry but its time to go with all my love. NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN CHELSEA FC

Mate I reckon you are right with this yet his stubbornness is a major issue! Senior players are quetionning and so are the fans but we need to accept the fact that he is not doing himself any favours.Eg lamps loves Chelsea an he will do a job but been second fiddle to ,Rami Maluda And Merieles Wtf!,Cole less than a player than Bos GTFOUH!

He has his own crew and IMO he will play those on a perssonal basis v merits that is his biggest issue.

look at Newcastle and Alan Pardew, some players at the beggining of the season didnt show respect for the team. He reacted quickly enough and got rid of them. And where they all now? And where Newcastle? The team is priority. Be patient, give man time. I dont want another season of "assess".

Mate I reckon you are right with this yet his stubbornness is a major issue! Senior players are quetionning and so are the fans but we need to accept the fact that he is not doing himself any favours.Eg lamps loves Chelsea an he will do a job but been second fiddle to ,Rami Maluda And Merieles Wtf!,Cole less than a player than Bos GTFOUH!

He has his own crew and IMO he will play those on a perssonal basis v merits that is his biggest issue.

he doesn't help himself at times with his selections but perhaps that's what he's been pushed to!

My secret plan if we drop out of top4 seems unlikely now with yesterday's game. Looks like we won't win CL this year :ph34r:

I doubt we can attack Napoli with our poor attack and keep them from scoring with our clumsy defense...

Not sure what to make of yesterday's game, but I think we broke down after they got the lead. No Terry to kick our asses and organize the team.

Shame really...but it's obvious that we need more fresh blood in the squad.

Also, don't forget that we played 3 days earlier and that some players played the whole match so that took a piece of our players also. I remember how sluggish City were when we played them after their CL match.

This is all getting annoying now...so boring to watch us now and I have no idea what the future holds...I had high hopes but it likes it's going to be all the same again...

Their second goal was probably a handball, as I can't see how on earth would Cavani hit it so hard with his muscle. And the third an offside. Typical Champions League game for Chelsea.

418502_260545094022361_112317085511830_605694_1498735282_n.jpg

No matter what, there were shocking defensive mistakes which simply are unacceptable and we got what we deserved. Shame.

he doesn't help himself at times with his selections but perhaps that's what he's been pushed to!

Mate I have been wondering re that but nevertheless he is still responsible isn't he? Mate I think that tbh the job is above him,his responses ,subs mate he seems to be operating on an emotional basis versus clinical which is his Job.I guess there are two issues

1. no idea

2. Save my arse with those I think that can help me

Their second goal was probably a handball, as I can't see how on earth would Cavani hit it so hard with his muscle. And the third an offside. Typical Champions League game for Chelsea.

418502_260545094022361_112317085511830_605694_1498735282_n.jpg

No matter what, there were shocking defensive mistakes which simply are unacceptable and we got what we deserved. Shame.

Fuck that does look offside.. But it's hardly an ideal angle to decide, more often than not this kind of angle deceives.. although it does look like offside. And I also thought Cavani scored with his arm, but it was probably his chest or shoulder.