Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's what AVB said after the match:

Ashley was a difficult decision taken yesterday. I am sure from tomorrow's training onwards he will continue to fight for his position as he normally does. It's his position to take and nothing else. [Lampard and Essien] was technical decisions. In the end it would be fantastic if we win the game, any explanation is useless given the result of the game.

Are you fucking kidding me?

You scored 1 goal because our defence sucks. So yes we were really lucky to face this chelsea, but think about your players and our players...Aronica, Cannavaro and Campagnaro vs Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic; maybe you have to admit that tonight we were far superior, and you had the fortune to score first without any merit.

Well we wernt going to win anyway, at least we scored a damn goal, must be a record.

As im always optimistic im quite sure that we can score 2 goals @ the Bridge. It's on 21st of march, and by that time i think one of our strikers(probably Drogba) will get his form back. One thing that worries me though is will we be able not to concede a goal.

In the second half we dominated lots of the game in the middle of the pitch and got into good area's just with no penetration. Napoli simply had the penetration. I don't think we were outplayed in any way today, it's simply the team with the better attackers and the more decisiveness won the game. It was a pretty even end to end open game i thought.

We aren't famous for ball possession, we can't dominate in this sense. During the first 10 or maybe 15 minutes of the second half we conceeded chelsea to play, but you know it's the experience we lack...

Good luck for the second leg my friend ;)

Why is it a risk with Essien? It's a very important game and he's fit. You're making it seem like it's his first appearance since the injury.

Have you watched Essien?, he gets taken off in the 60th minute when he starts, he can barely keep up with pace aswell, really struggles.

Have you watched Essien?, he gets taken off in the 60th minute when he starts, he can barely keep up with pace aswell, really struggles.

Yes but he was okay against Man U and still a better decision to start with him instead of Tattoo Boy. Let's agree to disagree on that. :)

Yes but he was okay against Man U and still a better decision to start with him instead of Tattoo Boy. Let's agree to disagree on that. :)

Right okay, i agree Jozy Bosingwa was man of the match tonight, there.

Well at least Milan raped Arsenal 4-0. I wish Napoli all the best if (when) they progress but i can only see those catalan fuckers winning it again and making history.

Barcelona is too strong for any actual european team, even Real Madrid or Bayern Munich... they raped us 5-0 last summer :(

Well especially as they barely even care about the league now (poor Cesc-pitt, cunt) they'll be trying more to win the UCL and actually even rest players for it so will be fresher. My main focus is on the FA Cup, if we have to go into the Europa League to rebuild and go from there, so be-it. Especially as Barca are dominating everyone.

I'm so mad, wtf was this defensive performance??? Why does Meireles play? I think he sucks, he was never a top player in Portugal, how can he be in the eleven of a team like Chelsea. Chelsea's defensive performance was so horrible, i cant describe it, i couldn't even believe in what i was seeing, where is my old Chelsea :(

Defensive mistakes cost us, we miss John Terry. I love Luiz, he's improved loads but there's still mistakes in him, be it small ones or major ones. At the moment, we can't fully trust him as a defender, I have faith him and I think one day he could become a great defender for us but he's still got a lot of work to do. People slate Luiz but Cole and Ivanovic made mistakes defensively as well, surprising by their normal high standards. Meireles has done fuck all for months, I don't know how he plays every game. I didn't think we did that badly but AVB should have done more to stop Napoli breaking forward, we're lucky we're still in the tie. We had a very good long spell second half but we didn't create any concrete chances, once again we lacked creativity and quality in the final third. It's going to be tough second leg as we're going to have to attack Napoli which will work in their favor. We didn't stop Napoli doing what they do best and that's playing on the counter, yes defensive mistakes cost us but blame must also go on AVB for not doing more tactically. To be fair we were lucky to even score, our goal came from a defensive mistake