Andreas Christensen

Wilson

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

CP and Barnsley are our only two clean sheets this season. We also had good defensive game against Spurs when Zouma-Tomori was pairing.

With him we concede tons of goals and he did that stupid red card against Pool. Like I said many times even Zouma-Rudiger with all their flaws always kept clean sheet last season as CB pairing.

Chris should not play ahead of any of our CB, he is not capable of 2 good games in a row. Maybe his mistakes did not lead to conceding goals but you cannot have stable and confident defense with him.

• 1 month later...

He is done here. Tomori will go on loan in January for 18 months I think and we will sell Chris in the next summer with only one year left on contract. No chance he renew with this status in the club.

Try swap for Ginter or sell him somewhere else and buy proper CB.

Crazy that he will not score for us in 4 seasons here :lol:

If Chris ever scores a goal for Chelsea I will put Mount as my avatar ❤️

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is done here. Tomori will go on loan in January for 18 months I think and we will sell Chris in the next summer with only one year left on contract. No chance he renew with this status in the club.

Try swap for Ginter or sell him somewhere else and buy proper CB.

Crazy that he will not score for us in 4 seasons here :lol:

If Chris ever scores a goal for Chelsea I will put Mount as my avatar ❤️

Funny thing is he actually scored on his debut (well not actual debut but his first game as a proper squad member) but Morata thought it would be a good idea to touch the ball that was on the way in while hd was stood offside.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:03 AM, Jason said:

Saw this in another forum...

EkrinVrVkAEpnx1?format=png&name=large

Fun stuff, but really awful stats and comparison.

People really have trouble understanding that correlation does not establish causation. It's even worse in the footballing world where we try to do that all the time.

We've changed our backline in a very drastic way. The biggest change by far was Mendy, which not only fixed Kepa's weaknesses at a technical level, but also the confidence of the whole defense (team?).

Then, without even going into Chilwell, Zouma is getting a run with Silva (and Mendy!) who is really a dominant presence, which is something neither Andreas nor Tomori got (same for Rudiger). We don't have the sample to compare what would have happened had they played instead of Zouma - can speculate, but that's what it is, speculation.

In engineering, we call control. You need the minimum number of changes to compare (against the unchanged control) and then maybe determine causality; when you have too many variables, that becomes impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Quietly good game against Sevilla in what his first with Mendy behind him.

Given Zouma and Rudiger's vast improvements since Eduoard's introduction AC also deserves a fair shot to see if he can similarly grow with the stability we now have.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Quietly good game against Sevilla in what his first with Mendy behind him.

Given Zouma and Rudiger's vast improvements since Eduoard's introduction AC also deserves a fair shot to see if he can similarly grow with the stability we now have.

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Two and a bit months ago you'd have reacted the exact same way about Rudi and Zouma!

Having Mendy in goal might make Christensen or Rudiger more stable in defence but he isn't going to suddenly erase the defensive flaws from their game - e.g. Christensen's problem when dealing with physical players. Even Emerson looked OK against Sevilla but I don't think anyone is suddenly thinking he's up to the job. Zouma's main problem, IMO, was not his defending but rather his ball playing capabilities. He tends to keep it simple enough when defending and that is good and since we have more and better passers on the ball now, Zouma's ball playing capabilities is less of an issue. 

Unless one of Zouma or Silva gets injured (touch wood!) or needs to be rested, I don't see why we should deviate from that partnership. They have formed (an unlikely) solid partnership at the back and it would be silly to change that just for the sake of giving Christensen or Rudiger more game time. If anyone needs more game time and for the sake of the long term, then it is Tomori but that's another discussion altogether. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Having Mendy in goal might make Christensen or Rudiger more stable in defence but he isn't going to suddenly erase the defensive flaws from their game - e.g. Christensen's problem when dealing with physical players. Even Emerson looked OK against Sevilla but I don't think anyone is suddenly thinking he's up to the job. Zouma's main problem, IMO, was not his defending but rather his ball playing capabilities. He tends to keep it simple enough when defending and that is good and since we have more and better passers on the ball now, Zouma's ball playing capabilities is less of an issue. 

Unless one of Zouma or Silva gets injured (touch wood!) or needs to be rested, I don't see why we should deviate from that partnership. They have formed (an unlikely) solid partnership at the back and it would be silly to change that just for the sake of giving Christensen or Rudiger more game time. If anyone needs more game time and for the sake of the long term, then it is Tomori but that's another discussion altogether. 

I was thinking more in terms of squad player roles.

• 4 weeks later...

John Terry blasts former Chelsea teammate Andreas Christensen following Aston Villa draw

Andreas Christensen failed to rise from the turf after a coming together with Jack Grealish in the build-up to Anwar El Ghazi's goal, which drew Aston Villa level at Stamford Bridge

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/terry-chelsea-christensen-aston-villa-23235241

It was shameful from him not to get up but tbf that goal never should have stood. he was clearlyfouled by grealish and villa had a clear and intentional hand ball in the build up. The ref once more was clearly biased against us and gifted villa the point.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It was shameful from him not to get up but tbf that goal never should have stood. he was clearlyfouled by grealish and villa had a clear and intentional hand ball in the build up. The ref once more was clearly biased against us and gifted villa the point.

Disagree, Grealish was running with the ball and Christensen charged in, missed the ball and got the man! Its a foul by Christensen on Grealish. So stupid to stay down after that.