Lucas Piazón

the wes

Middlesbrough would be a good option for Lucas Piazon. With Karanka, a coach who understands perfectly with Jose (he was his assistant at Real Madrid), and a team that will be fighting this season to return to Premier League.

Perhaps it is a good option. Piazon would play in England and in a team with a winning trend.

Piazon is still 21, he is a young player. I do not that any team in Premier League will seek to get him on loan. But he has to play in England to continue his evolution. And Middlesbrough could be a good option. Perhaps his last chance for him with us.

I agree mate

Should have signed for Juve, like it was widely speculated before we came into play.

Yeah I remember that.

I wonder what would have happen to him had he did signed for them.

Don't know why youth choose us since we suck at youth development.

Juventus is far better at that then us.

at one point they were saying hes the new kaka but it hasnt worked out that way at all

It will work out only when he plays in good teams and with some of the good/experienced players. He was what 18 when we bought him ? How he turn the next kaka unless some coach wants to mould him? if the coach doesn't mould him then he needs good players whom he can learn from or emulate. If you loan him to useless clubs none of that is bound to happen.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11673/9974295/chelsea-midfielder-lucas-piazon-joins-reading-on-season-long-loan

"When we spoke I was impressed by both his maturity and desire to prove himself in English football after some loan moves to European leagues.

"I'm sure Lucas will bring something extra to our squad this season."

All the best ! Sincerely hope you succeed and make an entry to the starting 11 at Chelsea.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11673/9974295/chelsea-midfielder-lucas-piazon-joins-reading-on-season-long-loan

All the best ! Sincerely hope you succeed and make an entry to the starting 11 at Chelsea.

He's not good enough to start at CFC. Who's he going to start over? Pedro? Oscar? Hazard? Willian? Even Boga and Musonda are far more talented. That's without stating Traore and Kenedy as well. All of these guys are better than Piazon.

"The reason I came to England at 17 was to play for Chelsea. All the players out on loan, we all want to play for Chelsea."

"We also want to play in one of the biggest leagues in the world and we want to compete well. If it is not possible I will have to move on and find the best solution for my career."

"But it is important for me to have a good season. I have to do a good job, score goals and show people what I can do. For me it's good to stay here in Reading, close to Chelsea and experience English football."

-Lucas Piazon; source: Mail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can see him getting flogged at the end of the season to the highest bidder,seems to be doing ok at Reading without setting the world alight not enough to get near Chelsea,another bright prospect just not upto elite Cfc standard by the looks of it.

Can see him getting flogged at the end of the season to the highest bidder,seems to be doing ok at Reading without setting the world alight not enough to get near Chelsea,another bright prospect just not upto elite Cfc standard by the looks of it.

I like Lucas but that much has been clear for a long time.

I also like our loan policy but I do think we need to be more alert in making decisions. Once it's been established that a young man has no realistic Chelsea future, and that's probably been the case for at least two years with Lucas, we need to be honest with him about it. We must allow the player to move on if he can find a club which will pick up his CFC wages and we have to refresh the loan army with newer prospects. A case in point currently is Nate Chalobah. A permanent move is best for the lad I think.

Of course, if no one wants to match their CFC contracts then, fair enough, we owe it to the lads to work hard on their continuing development. If a good move is available however, let's do the right thing for the young men and for ourselves.