Lucas Piazón

the wes

Really? Part of me loves the idea of us using Liverpool as a feeder club of sorts and Rodgers is a decent coach who will give youth a chance if it deserves it. They'll play football the 'right way' (feel dirty saying that about them), he should get plenty of time and it's probably going to be better than getting involved in a relegation scrap with Palace.

After what Rodgers did to McEachran at Swansea, I wouldn't loan him a turd.

After what Rodgers did to McEachran at Swansea, I wouldn't loan him a turd.

That wasn't really his fault. He arrived in January when the Swansea team was settled because AVB insisted on keeping him around to use him, which he didn't.

Josh isn't the type of player you can throw into any team because you've got to build around him and that takes a pre-season in my opinion. Piazon doesn't have that problem.

• 4 weeks later...

PIAZON: PROGRESS AND OPPORTUNITY

After spending the end of last season on loan in Spain with Malaga, Lucas Piazon is enjoying life back in the Chelsea ranks, and is helping another young Brazilian settle into the squad.
Wallace, who has arrived from Fluminense after signing a pre-contract agreement in January, flew out to join the squad in Bangkok on Friday afternoon, and has since spent time with Piazon and Ramires as he settles into the squad.
'I played with Wallace a lot before, in the Brazil Under-15 and Under-17 teams, and he is a quick right-back who likes to attack a lot, but he also defends very well as well and I am sure he will like it at Chelsea,' Piazon explained, before going on to discuss his own progress, after 13 appearances at Malaga between February and May.
'I think it was good for me,' said the attacking midfielder. 'I could play a lot of games and played in La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa Del Rey. It was nice to finish the season playing some important games so I was happy.'
Now there is the prospect of a chance to impress Jose Mourinho, with next week's match against the Singha All-Stars following a tough period of training under the Portuguese.
'Training has been good, very hard, and some of the players are very tired, but that's pre-season, and we're all enjoying it,' he said. 'I think the heat is easier for me because I am used to it in Brazil like this.'
By Wednesday's match, for which tickets are still available, Piazon's team-mates should have acclimatised to the Bangkok weather, and will be determined to kick off the second Mourinho era with a victory.

http://www.chelseafc.com/pre-season-article/article/3236811/title/piazon-progress-and-opportunity

Anyone know if the apparent quote from him saying he wants to spend his entire career here is true? If it is I'm more than happy with that regardless how good or not I think he may or may not turn out to be. It's the right mentality.

Anyone know if the apparent quote from him saying he wants to spend his entire career here is true? If it is I'm more than happy with that regardless how good or not I think he may or may not turn out to be. It's the right mentality.

He did not literally say his "entire career", but he said, in an interview with CTV, that (he does not mind going on loan, but) this is where he wants to have a career.

I still have high hopes for Young Lucas Piazon. I still believe this is Kaka 2.0 in the making. I bet The Happy One feels the same as me

Don't....Just, please don't!

I thought he started the game very very well. Got involved very much and made things happen. Would be interesting to see where he will go on loan.

I know it's early to say, but from the way that he and Kevin played in the number 10 position, I suspect that Jose is making some "customizations" on the 4-2-3-1. I predict that we will mostly see Oscar and Kevin in that position this season and not Mata and Hazard.

He can play like Mata, but at a more slower pace....sort of like a Silva type of player.

Anyways, this one is a tricky one. We have too many players in this position, and for now you have to be very good to get into games.

I don't feel he is quite ready.

Maybe if we can get a decent loan or who knows, just leave him to play with the youth.

Cause the Malaga loan was not the best.

Not so sure about this man. Not fast enough and not the right type of player for playing on the wings and in the middle he just cant compete with players like Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB etc. He might prove me wrong but still...

Not so sure about this man. Not fast enough and not the right type of player for playing on the wings and in the middle he just cant compete with players like Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB etc. He might prove me wrong but still...

Hate to agree..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-romelu-lukaku-2077088

Mourinho explained: "Josh McEachran will go on loan and we are thinking of letting Nathaniel Chalobah go for a last season, though he is for sure, a Chelsea player and could be in our squad already.

"Of the others, Lucas Piazon will go out, Wallace will go on too because he has no work permit. And while we'd like to keep Bertrand Traore we know he might not get a permit."