Lucas Piazón

the wes

The best of our six loanees at Vitesse. Love it how Chelsea II has emerged to one of the top sides in dutch football.

Also funny how we top clubs like us abuse the loan-system, having a 75 mans squad, more than 20 players out on loan just for them to increase their value and be sold for profit.

my baby is shining so happy for him

very young and in a couple of years will be on fire for us. hope next season he gets a loan like luki got with everton (bpl decent side). needs bpl experience and then shine for us

His marketing potential is unlimited. I hope he becomes a beast.

He's basically a nobody and his female fanbase is unreal.

guilty as charged :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think he could perhaps be reverted into a striker like player? or used as a false 9? Can't see him playing as a #10 or winger for us tbh. He says his style is like a midfielder upfront, likes to pass and then make runs as opposed to hog the ball and do flashy moves. I don't know though...

Does anyone else think he could perhaps be reverted into a striker like player? or used as a false 9? Can't see him playing as a #10 or winger for us tbh. He says his style is like a midfielder upfront, likes to pass and then make runs as opposed to hog the ball and do flashy moves. I don't know though...

Out of our current attacking midfield players (at Chelsea and away on loan)...the only guy I expect to see as a potential striker option is Schurrle.

This is my prediction of Chelsea's attacking options (at the end of this season):

Striker: Lukaku, Torres, third option

LW: Hazard, Schurrle

CAM: Oscar, Mata

RW: Schurrle, Willian, Mata

I think Piazon is about 2 seasons away from challenging for a first team spot..but I'm not sure how he's gonna break into Chelsea's squad.

Unless we sell any one of our 6 AMs in the near future, I'm not sure whether he has a future here TBH. And as long as Mourinho continues to be our manager, can just forget about the idea of playing anyone as a 'Fase 9'.

I've said it a few times before after watching his movement, and not as false 9. His movement is that of a proper number nine; just excellent for his age. He even played that role for us a couple of times in preseason under Robbie and I thought he was very impressive. His movement was miles better than Torres (not saying much, I know) and he even scored a late equalizer against PSG.

The counter argument was that his finishing was poor. But his finishing seems to be improving a lot now, so I would love to see him given a chance as a striker.

I've said it a few times before after watching his movement, and not as false 9. His movement is that of a proper number nine; just excellent for his age. He even played that role for us a couple of times in preseason under Robbie and I thought he was very impressive. His movement was miles better than Torres (not saying much, I know) and he even scored a late equalizer against PSG.

The counter argument was that his finishing was poor. But his finishing seems to be improving a lot now, so I would love to see him given a chance as a striker.

He played as a centre forward when I first saw him for Brazil's under 17s, he was great at it. He did have a Suarez like partner next to him though can't remember his name.