Lucas Piazón

the wes

Pellegrini is leaving Malaga at the end of the season and there's no guarantee that he'll get minutes there next season. Besides, I'd much rather he gets PL experience under his belt. Something like a Fulham loan would be perfect.

If Malaga were allowed to compete in Europe then I'd disagree with this because it'd allow him to compete at the top level. However, as they can't I'd want him to go to Swansea. They play good football, will be in the Europa and have Laudrup. Still think he's involved in a deal for isco unfortunately

If Malaga were allowed to compete in Europe then I'd disagree with this because it'd allow him to compete at the top level. However, as they can't I'd want him to go to Swansea. They play good football, will be in the Europa and have Laudrup. Still think he's involved in a deal for isco unfortunately

Swansea lol they have better players than Piazon so what would they want him for? I know some people overrated our first team players but now it's creeping into the youth players too.

Did anybody watch the Carling Cup game against Utd this season? Piazon looked completely out of his depth and was one of the worst players on the pitch. He isn't going to walk into Fulham or Swansea's teams. He is getting good minutes in Spain so he should stay there if the chance is available.

I don't know about Swansea...just find him an English club that'll give him a decent run of games...and if none of the PL clubs are interested, send him back to Spain for another year...

What makes you think Fulham would want him? They have their own good youth players. If Malaga want him and are willing to play him then he should stay there. It's a good level and technically he should improve given the style of play in Spain.

I said Fulham because they have the aging Duff on the left wing and I'm not sure he will be a starter next season. It's the style of the Spanish league that worries me. We don't want him to get too used to it because the PL is completely different. There he gets time and space on the ball he can only dream of here. Even if he spends next season in Spain, he will need a loan to a PL side to get used to the physicality of the league before he can be a regular for us.

I said Fulham because they have the aging Duff on the left wing and I'm not sure he will be a starter next season. It's the style of the Spanish league that worries me. We don't want him to get too used to it because the PL is completely different. There he gets time and space on the ball he can only dream of here. Even if he spends next season in Spain, he will need a loan to a PL side to get used to the physicality of the league before he can be a regular for us.

Good players play well anywhere. If Piazon can do well in Spain he can do well in England. We didn't buy Mata and loan him to Fulham. Although we should have done that with Del Horno :clown:

Good players play well anywhere. If Piazon can do well in Spain he can do well in England. We didn't buy Mata and loan him to Fulham. Although we should have done that with Del Horno :clown:

And it took Mata a whole season to get used to the PL. Last year he used to completely disappear in physical games and get bullied too easily of the ball and generally went quite in the last 15 mins of every game. Don't think we can give Lucas that kind of chance because we have players who are better than him which was not the case with Mata.

Swansea lol they have better players than Piazon so what would they want him for? I know some people overrated our first team players but now it's creeping into the youth players too.

Did anybody watch the Carling Cup game against Utd this season? Piazon looked completely out of his depth and was one of the worst players on the pitch. He isn't going to walk into Fulham or Swansea's teams. He is getting good minutes in Spain so he should stay there if the chance is available.

Did you see him when he came on against Villa? And how he's settled at Malaga in La Liga? With Swansea in Europa next season they are going to need to get a bigger squad to cope with the demands of European football and there attacking options on the bench are Luke Moore, Lamah, Shechter and routledge. He would certainly get enough minutes if he moved there and the way he plays suits there philosophy. It's got nothing to do with overrating him

And it took Mata a whole season to get used to the PL. Last year he used to completely disappear in physical games and get bullied too easily of the ball and generally went quite in the last 15 mins of every game. Don't think we can give Lucas that kind of chance because we have players who are better than him which was not the case with Mata.

Probably shouldn't be saying this in the piazon topic, but that's untrue about Mata. He adapted very well last season

Mata had a very productive first season. Malaga are a Champions League club. If he plays well for them I don't see the need for him to step down again to a Fulham before making another step up. Good players play well anywhere. Piazon has to prove himself at Malaga first before anything else.

Mata had a very productive first season. Malaga are a Champions League club. If he plays well for them I don't see the need for him to step down again to a Fulham before making another step up. Good players play well anywhere. Piazon has to prove himself at Malaga first before anything else.

But Malaga will not be playing in Europe next season due to their ban.

Did you see him when he came on against Villa? And how he's settled at Malaga in La Liga? With Swansea in Europa next season they are going to need to get a bigger squad to cope with the demands of European football and there attacking options on the bench are Luke Moore, Lamah, Shechter and routledge. He would certainly get enough minutes if he moved there and the way he plays suits there philosophy. It's got nothing to do with overrating him

With Swansea in Europe next season, they'll probably be able to attract even more quality players for cheap transfer fees...hence the likelihood of them signing Piazon on loan isn't very high..

But Malaga will not be playing in Europe next season due to their ban.

But they are right now. They're also only 3 points off 4th so they are a very good team which shows they are competitive in a good league despite the ban. If he does well for them then he shouldn't have any problems coming back to Chelsea.

With Swansea in Europe next season, they'll probably be able to attract even more quality players for cheap transfer fees...hence the likelihood of them signing Piazon on loan isn't very high..

It all depends on how highly Laudrup would value piazon. He's managed to make an impact at Malaga and they're a CL club

• 1 month later...