Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Beigl said:

In my opinion he is the best player in the world.

Mbappe for me is the best on the planet, KDB 2, Messi now 3

pure top 25  global ranking at this exact moment (not cost, not who I would buy, but simply the best players, in order, IMHO)

Kylian Mbappé    
Kevin De Bruyne  
Lionel Messi
Robert Lewandowski  
Cristiano Ronaldo   
Neymar   
Sadio Mané   
Raheem Sterling   
Mohamed Salah    
Joshua Kimmich
Jadon Sancho   
Alphonso Davies
Trent Alexander-Arnold  
Virgil van Dijk    
Jan Oblak  
Saúl Ñíguez  
Alisson  
Paulo Dybala    
Kai Havertz    
Erling Haaland 
Thomas Müller 
Serge Gnabry
Marco Verratti
Sergio Ramos
Ansu Fati

8 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Best midfielder in europe officially, slipped through our flawed system thanks to Jose :(

And who would have seen this coming when he was 20/21/22? 

Some haven't learned their lesson and are writing off some of our current players in that age group (who have shown quality), the one's that are deserve seeing KDB at City.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Some haven't learned their lesson and are writing off some of our current players in that age group (who have shown quality), the one's that are deserve seeing KDB at City.

We signed KDB in January 2012. That summer I met my younger daughter's then boyfriend for the first time. He's an Arsenal fan but we talked about football anyway. When Hazard joined he asked me if I thought Eden was the best player we had signed. When I told him no, he thought I meant that Rom Lukaku (signed at the start of 11/12) was better. I told him no again and said that we had sent the best new singing out on loan. He told me he never heard of Kevin De Bruyne. Fair enough, nor had I until we signed him, but I then watched a lot of KDB as he finished the 11/12 season back at Genk. I posted, elsewhere, to say that I loved the way that lad played football. In fact I remember that I typed, "I love, love, love, the way he played football."

Mason, Ruben and other recent Cobham graduates are not in Kevin's class.

EDIT: And I knew that about RLC in 2013 when I posted (again elsewhere, I wasn't on TC in those days) that Ruben had virtually no chance of making it anywhere unless he changed his MO and learned to make an impact on football games.

Mount has not KDB potential. I can guarantee you that.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Mount has not KDB potential. I can guarantee you that.

Probably not but at 21yo Mount should still develop a lot with more experience.

He certainly doesn't have the vision and passing range of KDB (at the same age) but if he can improve his decision making in the final third I could see him maybe becoming a better goalscorer than KDB.

Mount scored 14 league goals in 25 starts for Vitesse at 18/19yo. Obviously the Eredivisie is a much weaker league and in the EPL he doesn't have nearly the same time and space but with further development and a functioning team around him I could easily see Mount doing really well in the goalscoring department. Mount may not have the same amount of natural talent many (young) world class players do but his mentality is top notch and I really believe he'll surprise many in the next few years.

I do agree with some of the 'critics' that Mount shouldn't play 90 mins every game, especially now with more quality options like Havertz in the team, and that Lampard has a bit of a blind spot for his favorite lad but writing him off and outright abusing him in the way many have is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Mount has played his best football at Chelsea at the early stages of last season, following a full pre-season, and then again after the COVID break when he had gotten some much needed rest after being run into the ground by playing too many games. Mount is a hardworking player and if his work levels and pressing drop due to being tired, he won't be of much use to the team. Lampard needs to recognize that and start giving Mount some rest every once in a while to make sure he's playing up to his best level most of the time. Stubbornly using him even when he's tired and out of form will only lead to more criticism and unneeded pressure on Mount (and Lampard himself).

20 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Best midfielder in europe officially, slipped through our flawed system thanks to Jose :(

As I said before it was good it happen under Mourinho to bury his shadow that hung around this club for too long. 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:16 AM, Vesper said:

Mbappe for me is the best on the planet, KDB 2, Messi now 3

pure top 25  global ranking at this exact moment (not cost, not who I would buy, but simply the best players, in order, IMHO)

Kylian Mbappé    
Kevin De Bruyne  
Lionel Messi
Robert Lewandowski  
Cristiano Ronaldo   
Neymar   
Sadio Mané   
Raheem Sterling   
Mohamed Salah    
Joshua Kimmich
Jadon Sancho   
Alphonso Davies
Trent Alexander-Arnold  
Virgil van Dijk    
Jan Oblak  
Saúl Ñíguez  
Alisson  
Paulo Dybala    
Kai Havertz    
Erling Haaland 
Thomas Müller 
Serge Gnabry
Marco Verratti
Sergio Ramos
Ansu Fati

You really rate Sterling? You think no GK, defender or midfielder (apart from KDB) offer more to their team than Sterling?

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You really rate Sterling? You think no GK, defender or midfielder (apart from KDB) offer more to their team than Sterling?

depends on the team and their situ

but this ranking is pure talent atm, and I ranked 4 other wingers above him anyway and could easily have swapped Salah with him

On 26/07/2020 at 7:54 PM, killer1257 said:

It seems that he is going to appeal lol. He says that the FA robbed him for two assists.

De Bruyne equals Henry's Premier League assist record in convincing Man City victory over Norwich

https://www.goal.com/en/news/de-bruyne-equals-henrys-premier-league-assist-record-in/1no3ist56bx621gi3um8ev0yvj

but he was robbed here (and he said another one too, the first game v Arse earlier in the season, when his pass glanced off Luiz on its way to Sterling again)

5ea33a72dbeaed50fc4dcef3ef54fe54.png

• 2 months later...

People say he is best player in the league for years but when you think about it... 

He is soon 30yo, has just 2 PL titles and in one of these seasons played just 28.4% of PL games.

Unless City win many big trophies in the next 3 or 4 years his career is nothing special. I mean for someone he people would label as one of the best PL players in history...

People say he is best player in the league for years but when you think about it... 
He is soon 30yo, has just 2 PL titles and in one of these seasons played just 28.4% of PL games.
Unless City win many big trophies in the next 3 or 4 years his career is nothing special. I mean for someone he people would label as one of the best PL players in history...
Hazard only won two titles as well, Suarez won nothing and he scored 31 goals and made 17 assists in 33 matches in one season. Titles are usually not won by the offense, titles are won when your team is able to actually defend.

• 3 weeks later...