John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you're right, but i don't think we should take away his captaincy.

I guess if Barton can do it, Terry could too :lol:

I still don't question his commitment & passion for Chelsea FC.. It's just his conduct which is a concern.

What concerns me is that just a few days ago, apparently a new camera angle was revealed and passed on to the investigators...and a few days later they charged him.

Yeah! CPS' statement was very direct.. "I am satisfied there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction". This shows they do have more resources than we think, to prove Terry's guilt.

What concerns me is that just a few days ago, apparently a new camera angle was revealed and passed on to the investigators...and a few days later they charged him.

Probably manipulated by the kind of people who could get Buster Keaton charged with using racist language.

Why do people have to bring color into an argument. Regardless of whether you think they are being to harsh on him for ''just using words'' you know how modern society reacts to these things. Terry is an idiot, he is a complete and utter fool and i wouldn't mind them coming down heavy on him. That is one of these reasons why Scholes was such a great pro, he was never in the papers because he stayed out of controversy. Terry does something every season to derail us and its just stupid because he is not even that good anymore, lol he'll probably play a blinder against Spurs today.

If I wasn't a Chelsea fan I would probably hate him. He is one of the worst examples of a footballer, and he has nobody but himself to blame for damaging his own image and reputation, it becomes worse each day. I don't think I'm even going to feel sorry for him if he gets punished.

Have absolutley no idea where it is in Australia you live,,,,,,,But, myself livin' in Australia (Brisbane 23 years) your 'redneck aussies' comments are unfair to the majority of Australians (who are far more multi-cultural than most nations) You, my friend, are showing an ignorance and racist attitude!

Brisbane!?! That would have to be the biggest redneck city in Australia! I made the mistake of going there once and I can tell you now, I'll never go back! I was snarled at by some fucking idiot who insisted I "fuck off back to Iraq". How about the cronulla riots? No racism there at all?? Just a bunch of guys (around 3000) beating the shit out of anybody of middle eastern or indian appearance The problem is for a pretty little Anglo like yourself you don't see or witness all the racism. I've copped it since I was 12. It use to bother me, now I couldn't give a fuck!

I am sick of this bullshit. I don't care what he did or didn't say John Terry is a legend. Everyone saying he shouldn't be captain is just trying to cause a stir in the media and derail us. What he does for our team and our players is unparalleled and will forever be respected. The speeches he gives to the rest of the team before and at the half make a huge difference and you can see there is a collectiveness when he plays. In games like the one today and especially the one against Newcastle you can see he's not just going out there to play... he's going out there to win and to do it giving his all. He goes out there bleeding blue, giving 100% of himself, while getting booed and rolling in the punches. It's times like these that we need stand behind him and give him support as he stands behind in the back four for the glory of our club.

Terry does something every season to derail us and its just stupid because he is not even that good anymore, lol he'll probably play a blinder against Spurs today.

Try Man of the Match. For me at least. Today John Terry represented himself and Chelsea Football Club to the highest regard. Exactly what a captain should do.

I am sick of this bullshit. I don't care what he did or didn't say John Terry is a legend. Everyone saying he shouldn't be captain is just trying to cause a stir in the media and derail us. What he does for our team and our players is unparalleled and will forever be respected. The speeches he gives to the rest of the team before and at the half make a huge difference and you can see there is a collectiveness when he plays. In games like the one today and especially the one against Newcastle you can see he's not just going out there to play... he's going out there to win and to do it giving his all. He goes out there bleeding blue, giving 100% of himself, while getting booed and rolling in the punches. It's times like these that we need stand behind him and give him support as he stands behind in the back four for the glory of our club.

^^^^ This. (as the kids say) Top Posting.

Doesnt really matter what a few people say on t'internet chat forums or red top newspapers, all the Chelsea fans at the games give him 100% support

I don't Terry is a racist, but what he said was definitely a race-related remark and therefore he has to be sanctioned for it. However I don't see why he's being zeroed out for execution whilst Suarez gets to sit on his backside for two months.

I agree his not racist, but the part I've quoted I don't agree with. I would like to see internal action be taken too, otherwise the club will send out the wrong message.

I've not really followed this case due to a lack of interest but are we really considering taking the armband from a man who means to the club as much as John Terry for the sake of a message?

I've not really followed this case due to a lack of interest but are we really considering taking the armband from a man who means to the club as much as John Terry for the sake of a message?

Yeah, true.. The claim was a bit ott.