John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

This is extraordinary! A person's ethics and character are being decided by people on the basis of an angry rant, in the heat of the moment (considering the evidence IS actually against JT). I have noticed several times here on the forum that people abuse each other as cunts. Does that make them misogynists or sexists?! If proven that JT actually said those words, it is an offense by him because he is supposed to lead by example, representing a whole nation and our own football club and in general as a football player. But, even if proven guilty, it is utterly ridiculous to say he is a racist! Its unbelievable how people are branding him after knowing him for so many years. A man who considers Desailly his mentor, Ashley as one of his best buddies, shares a great relationship with Drogs, Ess and others! Simply unbelievable!

JT: Captain, Leader, Legend and also an idiot at times but surely not a racist!

We're not the leader of a global brand like Chelsea nor are we the captain of our national football team - One of the most popular in the world. It's like making Joey Barton the face of Chelsea & England.

It sends out the wrong message. They are not role models after these actions.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also surprised the media haven't ripped into Liverpool for their laughable statements, and the t-shirts of Suarez they were wearing yesterday.

Do they know they're supporting a racist? Glen Johnson even had a shirt on but he didn't look that happy, haha.

We're not the leader of a global brand like Chelsea nor are we the captain of our national football team - One of the most popular in the world. It's like making Joey Barton the face of Chelsea & England.

It sends out the wrong message. They are not role models after these actions.

I do understand that it might seem insolent if JT carries on as the face of CFC, after being proven guilty. But, we need to back him and not crucify him for a mistake he did in the spur of the moment. We, as supporters and as a club, need to put across clearly that we accept and act upon the mistake our captain has committed, but we are not gonna concede that JT is a racist on the basis of one silly impulsive moment. All this, if he is proven guilty. The Scousers, for example, are backing their player in spite of being ruled as guilty of racist comments, although they are stopping to unnecessary and ludicrous levels to show their support. They are expressing their solidarity as a club and making a statement that they know better than considering a one off incident to judge the integrity of their own player.

I do understand that it might seem insolent if JT carries on as the face of CFC, after being proven guilty. But, we need to back him and not crucify him for a mistake he did in the spur of the moment. We, as supporters and as a club, need to put across clearly that we accept and act upon the mistake our captain has committed, but we are not gonna concede that JT is a racist on the basis of one silly impulsive moment. All this, if he is proven guilty. The Scousers, for example, are backing their player in spite of being ruled as guilty of racist comments, although they are stopping to unnecessary and ludicrous levels to show their support. They are expressing their solidarity as a club and making a statement that they know better than considering a one off incident to judge the integrity of their own player.

And if Terry is found guilty by the courts? Would you still back his captaincy? When there's, beyond doubt, proof?

Terry should still be our captain, it's not like he is a member of the KKK, he just shouted a racist comment out. You can debate whether he is racist or not.

Does one comment make you racist?, or was it just one moment of madness?

But if he is found guilty he should 100% be punished, but not from us.

http://www.thesun.co...ed-comment.html

A culture of fear in this country. No one wants to be the subject of the next witch hunt for being a " racist "

It's not a 'culture of fear', Black people shouldn't be called coloured.

Although i would definitely not call Hansen racist, many people in the UK say coloured because they think there's nothing wrong with it, (more of the older generation) but it is disrespectful, just say black.

But if he is found guilty he should 100% be punished, but not from us.

I agree his not racist, but the part I've quoted I don't agree with. I would like to see internal action be taken too, otherwise the club will send out the wrong message.